Henderson Could go 8th...

metrocard

Legend
How good is Henderson at creating his own shot?
His passing?
3pt range potential?

I know he's an elite athlete, good defender, great midrange shooter...isn't a dumb player...plays with pride...gets up very high.

Everything else is a question mark.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I'm not too high on him, specially at the 8th pick. Duke guards don't pan out too well (i.e.- duhon, williams, avery, langdon, etc.)

Besides, williams would be a better SG selection.

Blas

Benchwarmer
His passing?
3pt range potential?

I know he's an elite athlete, good defender, great midrange shooter...isn't a dumb player...plays with pride...gets up very high.

Henderson actually does a great job of creating his own shot for somebody who does not have a scoring attitude. He has always done great in isolation and pick and rolls which is good for D'antoni's system. If you watch some of his Duke games he always took what the defense gives him and usually came out ahead.

His passing is actually pretty good. He wouldn't hamper any ball movement on the knicks. He also has some playmaking ability which is nice for a 2 guard.

His 3 point potential would depend on the staff coaching him. With D'antoni system he should improve pretty well.

Another thing to note about him is he draws fouls and finishes really well at the basket. He is also NBA ready.

The knock on him that not many reports do not mention is he has always played in a half court offense. This could hamper his ability in transitioning into a run and gun especially since he doesn't have that scoring mentality. Instead of going for that open shot on the break he might make the extra pass which could allow the opposing teams defense transition easier, which would slow our offense down.

I almost want to say this could be a smokescreen on the knicks part. Or a way to get back at Larry Brown who loves this guy =).

why henderson this is awful he will be a role player....
what happened to holiday he will be there ... he has a good shot can defend play the point..... hes a bit raw but can develope into a star

there is also derozen at sg who will be available why take henderson

at 8 our pick should be holiday 1st option hill 2nd derozen 3rd
and that is assuming that rubio curry flynn and evans are gone

henderson is more suitable at 10 - 12 range
if we want hederson we should trade down
otherwise take holiday who has the ability to translate into something down the road

mafra

Legend
His passing?
3pt range potential?

As a DUKE fan.... I've watched every game Henderson played. A very good player.... not a great player. He plays defense though. Very good man defender, and a help defender. He can leap through the roof- so he blocks shots.

He has a 3-point shot, and he's improving his ability to create his own shot off the dribble.

MY MAIN PROBLEM is health- he hurt his wrist and he's fatigued (I think b/c of asthma).... SO, I do not think he would be a thoroughbred type we should look for in the D'ant offense.

Other than that.... He is worthy.... He wont be a star, but he would be a very good role player on a winning team.

He takes (and often makes) big shots, can get to the rim, and has a very solid mid-range game.

Paul1355

All Star
Everybody should focus on this guy....Donnie wants guys that can play both offense and defense and Henderson is one of the best defenders in the draft. He averaged 16 ppg at Duke which is impressive to me.

He's 6'5 with shoes and is known for great lateral quickness and the ability to keep his man in front of him at all times.

He shot 45%
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gerald-Henderson-1042/

portega1968

El Cacique
i still want evans and i have a feeling we draft him.

99.99999999999999% chance that he'll be a Timberwolf if the Kings dont grab him at 4th... no way he becomes a Knick.

Knicks would move down (Indy's pick + TJ Ford?) if they go after Henderson, but no way they're spending the 8th on him.

Or Travis Outlaw could become a Knick at any moment.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
is there a report saying outlaw will be coming to us? i wouldnt mind it he's pretty good

i know he probably wont be there, but he's the guy i want, dude will be flat out disgusting in the nba. we need him

if not then i want flynn dude is exactly what we need, he has star potential and could run the point well.