Knicks Trying to move up

jpz17

Starter
Report: (No link, just rumor from JA Adande directly)

Knicks are trying to deal the 8th pick and the 29th for a better pick.

With that better pick they will take Curry. By days end, Curry will be a Knick.

(NO LINK, NO OFFICIAL REPORT)

i have heard chandler and the number 8 for the number 5

i have also heard the knicks are trying to buy the number 18

maybe chandler and 8 for 5 and 18???
i only like this trade if we use the 18 and 29 in a package for something
maybe a deal to get a higher pick or packaged with harrington and mobleys contract for amare

then at 5 we get curry
trade for amare

curry
hughes
gallo
lee
amare

i like

but unless we get amare or trade up to around 10 0r 12 so we can get hill, clark, or derozen to fill a spot no way i trade chandler and 8 for 5

jpz17

Starter
The Knicks will not have 5 or 6. Minn wants Curry and won't let the Knicks get Curry. That is why the 28th deal went down.

mafra

Legend
With NO first rounder next year, and with a bunch of expiring contracts....

It seems like Walsh is dead set on rebuilding to supporting cast for FREE AGENT(s) to be in 2010.

Safe to say Danilo Gallineri & Wilson Chandler are locks to be here.... Everything else after that is up in the air. I bet, if Harrington excepts the Lamar Odom type role, he could stick around to be the 6th man (with his size and ability to shoot).... BUT, he would have to accept that role and sign for a reasonably price.

Anyway....

I predict plan-A for Walsh is: Get Rubio, draft another TWO first rounders. I would think a SG and a PF/C would be the other options.

I do sense a Rubio-Lee trade happening in 2 weeks. Lee would be perfect for OKC. They wanted Tyson Chandler, but he wasn't healthy enough. I doubt they revisit it.... DAVID LEE would be the answer. With Durant, Green & Westbrook, they could use Lee to do the dirty work.... rebound and play the pick-&-roll. Lee & Nenad Krstic would lay C for them.

I just wonder if we would have to draft someone later in the first round, say another G to send along with Lee? Who knows.

SO.... Knicks will shoot for Rubio; hope Hill, Curry or Evans slips to them at 8, if not they'll grab Gerald Henderson or Terrence Williams. Then, they'll look to fill the other need later in the draft- if they get hill, maybe they shoot for Mcclinton or Buddinger.... or if they get a SG at 8, they'll target Hetvelt, Daye or Gibson.

In Summary, here's PLAN-A:

Rubio for David Lee
draft Hill or Curry, Evans or Henderson, Williams
draft Mcclinton or buddinger (if HIll was selected) or Daye, Hetvelt, Gibson

Trade Q-Rich for Darko.... sign Gortat.... Deal Hughes & Jeffries for Mike Miller & James.

Rubio (Duhon)
Miller (Henderson)
Chandler (Harrington)
Danilo (Wilcox & Gibson)
Darko (Gortat & Curry)

Introduce Lebron James & Chris Bosh for 2010:

Rubio (Duhon)
Chandler (Henderson)
James (Harrington)
Danilo (Gibson)
Bosh (Gortat & Darko)

They'll probably let Nate walk as well... who knows with that.

smokes

Huge Member
Haha yea I thought I was accidentally reading the same thread over and over until I saw this.