Camby's Home sick

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
neah, wouldn't do it
this guy is injured all the time
nuggets.com said:
--The Denver Nuggets have activated C Marcus Camby and F Chris Andersen from the injured list and have placed F/C Mark Bryant (right quadriceps strain) and G Predrag Savovic (sprained right ankle) on the injured list, team General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe announced today.
Camby, 6-11, 225, will see his first action in a Nuggets uniform tonight.

game recap said:
The Nuggets got a lift before the game when they activated Marcus Camby from the injured list. But Camby sprained his right ankle just 15 seconds into the contest when he stepped on Ilgauskas' foot.
why should we bring him?
to add another guy on the I.L. ?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
It would be very simple to trade for Camby in my opinion... Denver needs a shooter who can crank that 3 as showin the series against the spurs... straight up trade Q for Camby...
As far as injuries go, he's played more games in the past 3 seasons than Q

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Camby is that defensive double-double machine that we need. We must get him or someone like him by any means necessary

jzero29

Rotation player
It would be very simple to trade for Camby in my opinion... Denver needs a shooter who can crank that 3 as showin the series against the spurs... straight up trade Q for Camby...
As far as injuries go, he's played more games in the past 3 seasons than Q
Denver needs a shooter, don't they have iverson? and anthony? wait lest send them crawford, he's a shooting guard!!(who cares if he doesn't shoot that well)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Everybody wants to be all on Camby's sack now because of the article, but as soon as Camby aka "candy" breaks down and gets injured you'll be complaining that he's too brittle.

Any team that gets Camby has to accept the fact that he doesn't play a full season of games... ever! I like his game, but he's just not that strong to be a C/PF

nyk_nyk

All Star
Please trade Curry. Randolph/Camby would fucking dominated the East. They both compliment each other.
why the hell would you trade Curry for Camby????????? Eventually you would have to move James up the depth chart because someone stepped on Camby's toe or something else.

You don't trade an up and coming center for an injury prone one with little O. That wouldn't be good GM work.

Kiyaman

Legend
why the hell would you trade Curry for Camby????????? Eventually you would have to move James up the depth chart because someone stepped on Camby's toe or something else.

You don't trade an up and coming center for an injury prone one with little O. That wouldn't be good GM work.

Camby gave more to the Knicks & Nuggets team than Grant Hill gave to Detroit & Magic. Or Curry gave to the Bulls & Knicks. Or Mcdyess gave to the Knicks & Detroit.

Owner Dolan had Marcus Camby traded for not comming to a couple of his Fund Raisers. So if Camby come back to the East it wont be with the Knicks.
End of Story...

metrocard

Legend

Camby is a defensive player of the year and all star material who will answer our problems and let guys like Randolph, Crawford and Marbury carry the scoring load, while rebounding, blocking steals and playing excellent post defense. Curry can't do that, even at his prime.

pat

Starter

maybe not in terms of numbers but definitely in terms of chemistry. He doesn't have impressive offensive stats because he is no ball-hog.

But the injuries are definitely a problem.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Denver needs a shooter, don't they have iverson? and anthony? wait lest send them crawford, he's a shooting guard!!(who cares if he doesn't shoot that well)

Anthony and Iverson are scorers... They need a shooter who can consistantly bang the outside shot. Anthony's and Iverson's game are not regulated to strictly shooting, they are all around the court. WHen they do their penertrating, or when Anthony does his posting, they need someone to kick it out to. That was evident against the Spurs. Q would fit the bill

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
remember everyone was calling for his head when we traded him and nene to denver for mcdyess... that was layden's doing... but the City cheered when we shipped out Camby (who played 29 games his last year as a knick and first year as a nugget) and the Brazilian (who we booed) for All Star McDyess... let's not get too caught up in the hype to remember that Camby is 33 and played no more than 70 games in a season his entire pro career... I love him... but it would have to be at a reduced price... certainly not for curry...

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
remember everyone was calling for his head when we traded him and nene to denver for mcdyess... that was layden's doing... but the City cheered when we shipped out Camby (who played 29 games his last year as a knick and first year as a nugget) and the Brazilian (who we booed) for All Star McDyess... let's not get too caught up in the hype to remember that Camby is 33 and played no more than 70 games in a season his entire pro career... I love him... but it would have to be at a reduced price... certainly not for curry...

I know ur not saying that this trade made sense.. beucase mcdyss was already injured and his knee was suspect.
I would trade for a big man with bad knees especially for high draft picks, jeez nene isnt a bad player, we could really use his size right now coming off the bench.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
you're underscoring my point GiantKnicksFan... we all know the history of bad knick trades... somehow we make the rest of the league better with our moves... Denver got two starters and we got trade bait... and I was comparing the prospect of moving 24 year old EC for 33 year old injury prone Camby...