Official Darko Thread

metrocard

Legend
There will be a lot of love/hate between Darko and the fans.

I mean there will be minute in games that Darko will play like an all star, guarding the perimeter, post, blocking shots, dominating the boards, making passes, jumper from 18ft, a hook shot, skilled post moves.

Then a couple of minutes later he would just miss on the opportunity he could do those things.

I watched the Magic a lot when Arroyo was on the team, I never seen anyone miss more hook shots than Darko.

Darko's work ethic has been questioned.
Hopefully, that changes.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Good pick up since you don't hurt the cap and only lose Q. I think he will be a solid center for the Knicks for years to come due to our system. We may finally see him realize his potential. :crossfingers:

Vladan

Rookie
There will be a lot of love/hate between Darko and the fans.

I mean there will be minute in games that Darko will play like an all star, guarding the perimeter, post, blocking shots, dominating the boards, making passes, jumper from 18ft, a hook shot, skilled post moves.

Then a couple of minutes later he would just miss on the opportunity he could do those things.

I watched the Magic a lot when Arroyo was on the team, I never seen anyone miss more hook shots than Darko.

Darko's work ethic has been questioned.
Hopefully, that changes.

I agree, and Darko has been talking about Europe lately,
well now he's got a European coach in a mild european style of play

smokes

Huge Member
Is he actually projected to be a decent interior defender? I can't get NBA.com up at the moment but I heard his BPG is 0.8... Isn't that the same as Lee? Though I guess this guy is playing less minutes.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Another rented player. He will provide some toughness, which we need, but has a poor work ethic. He's here for a year then gone.

He has a bit of a temper too. Watch.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't know how some of you guys can get all excited about a guy who has underachieved his whole NBA career. He's a bum and will most likely be a bum in NY. All that crap about him reaching his potential in D'antoni's system is BS. If you have real NBA talent then it doesn't matter who you play for, it will show. So he's supposed to all of a sudden channel all that skill now in pressure packed NYC????? GTFOH!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He blocks shots, which is something we've needed for a long time. He's no stud and he's not going to be scoring 20 PPG, but he's averaged 1.2 blocks per game throughout the course of his career with limited minutes. I don't think he'll start for us, but he'd be a solid backup. At least, I don't THINK he'll start for us...who knows if Eddy Curry will actually get in shape (I doubt it).

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I don't know how some of you guys can get all excited about a guy who has underachieved his whole NBA career. He's a bum and will most likely be a bum in NY. All that crap about him reaching his potential in D'antoni's system is BS. If you have real NBA talent then it doesn't matter who you play for, it will show. So he's supposed to all of a sudden channel all that skill now in pressure packed NYC????? GTFOH!

1.Everyone overachieves in this system and Dantoni knows how to get the most out of players (see Nash pre Dantoni and post Dantoni)
2. Darko's skill set is tailor made for our system
3. Darko is 23 and got limited minutes
4.he is better than any center we have
5.The trade only cost us Q so if he does not work he will be gone at no cost to the Knicks
6.Simmer down

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
Q still had a player opition and Darko is in the last year of his deal. This is a no risk move on our part. I hope he can turn things around in NY.

BK

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I think the key is to keeping him involved in offense, which should'nt be a problem with Mike D' running the show. If he gains some confidence he'll definitly be a good addition.
On the other side of the court he'll improve us immediatly.