Realistic Trades you like for the Knicks

metrocard

Legend
Use RealGm Trade Checker to see if the trade works

Two trades I did that work that help us get rid of our two bad contracts to get under the cap for 2010 are....

Raja Bell(1 year left in contract)
Alexis Ajinca(prospect)

for

Wilson Chandler
Jared Jefferies

Bobcats
Augustin
Henderson
Wallace
Diaw
Okafor

Bench
Felton
Chandler
Radmonvic

Eddy Curry

for

Chucky Atkins(yr)
Earl Watson(1yr)
Serge Ibaka(prospect)

Thunder
Westbrook/Livingston
Harden/Sefalosha/Weaver
Durant/Mason
Green/Collison/White
Krstic/Curry/Mullens

Your brand new 2009-10 Knicks

Duhon/Watson/Atkins
Bell/Hughes/Douglas
Gallinari/Chandler
Harrington/Wilcox/Ibaka
Hill/Ajinca

Honestly...its the best we could do.

Ajinca and Ibaka are two prospects I love...both have a nice combination of athlecism and skill with great attitudes to the game...good work ethic to fulfil their potential as NBAers. Plus getting rid of Jared and Eddy are big plus.

This makes use a deep team and gives us a real back up PG in Earl Watson who has been one of the best back up PG's in the NBA for a long time.

Donnie should be all over this.

smokes

Huge Member
How is Chandler our backup SF when you traded him? And where are Lee/Nate in that team, you letting them walk in FA?

We can do a lot better with sign and trades to be honest. But those trades are great to get rid of Curry/Jefferies.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Great trade to get rid of Eddy Curry...honestly if we're lucky he loses some weight, plays excellent for the first two or so weeks and Donnie Walsh pulls a move kinda like the ones he did to get rid of Z-Bo and Crawford...

iSaYughh

Starter
I think Chandler should/will go in a deal for Rubio, but I like both those trades a lot, especially the Curry one. We improve strategically as a franchise, especially for the long-term, and even our short-term future may very well improve.

Hopefully, something like last year can happen where we flush away the overrated n overhyped, if not overpaid, and we actually play better....will suck if we score big in the lotto next year.

I just want Curry off the team sfbadly....he's the epitome of Isiah's legacy and the disgrace he's brough to the franchise.

metrocard

Legend
I'm kinda giving up on the Rubio thing...lets just get rid of Jared, Curry and watch this team grow.

Jordan Hill is actually growing on me. Anyone who averages 11 rebounds in the Pac 10 has to be good. How many guys have averaged 11 rebounds in the Pac-10?

People compare Hill to Bosh/Amare...but Hill is 10 times the rebounder those guys are.

18 ppg isn't bad at all either. Brook Lopez averaged that @ Stanford I believe.

Maybe Hill can be our Lopez? Lets hope.

I like Douglas.
Douglas could end up being one of the best guards in the draft, defensive player of the year and 21 ppg with a good jumpshot really decreases his chance of being a bust.
Maybe he could be our Jon Starks? Lets hope

But once we get rid of Jefferies/Curry...we could finally feel secure that we'll get a good free agent in 2010 and just build from that...thats a gurantee ticket to the playoffs.

Any team who signs an elite player usually see the playoffs...for example the Suns when they got Nash.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'm kinda giving up on the Rubio thing...lets just get rid of Jared, Curry and watch this team grow.

Jordan Hill is actually growing on me. Anyone who averages 11 rebounds in the Pac 10 has to be good. How many guys have averaged 11 rebounds in the Pac-10?

People compare Hill to Bosh/Amare...but Hill is 10 times the rebounder those guys are.

18 ppg isn't bad at all either. Brook Lopez averaged that @ Stanford I believe.

Maybe Hill can be our Lopez? Lets hope.

I like Douglas.
Douglas could end up being one of the best guards in the draft, defensive player of the year and 21 ppg with a good jumpshot really decreases his chance of being a bust.
Maybe he could be our Jon Starks? Lets hope

But once we get rid of Jefferies/Curry...we could finally feel secure that we'll get a good free agent in 2010 and just build from that...thats a gurantee ticket to the playoffs.

Any team who signs an elite player usually see the playoffs...for example the Suns when they got Nash.

i agree Hill has slowly come on for me since the draft i watched videos on him and he's alot better than scouts give him credit for and he got better every year in college which is a good thing for meaning he's getting to his potential i like the Amar'e/Bosh comparisons and one thing he does that those guys don't is DEFENSE and thats why i think he could ultimately be better than them

as for douglas he does remind me alot of Starks the way they play the game. not too athletic but then again not to weak/ un-athletic. they're skilled and play the game the way it should be. he was a steal at 29 and im hyped to see the dude play.

we got ourselves Hill ( an amar'e like dynamic PF who will dazzle from day 1) and Douglas who is pretty much imo the 2nd coming of Starks.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Is there any possibility of us trading for Amare?

I mean...if Golden State wants him, and the Suns are looking to dump payroll...hey Steve Kerr, want David Lee?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Cap and Shot Blocking

Mike James

for

Jared Jefferies

The Wizards were supposed to be interested in re-acquiring him, and Mike James' contract comes off the books next year, plus he could be usefull if we part with Nate. ESPN says this is a fair trade for both teams

Cuttino Mobley and Sene (not sure if we can trade him, but ESPN trade Machine let me, so I assume it is correct)

for

Tyson Chandler

NO is trying to move Chandler for Cap, no team can offer them better than 80% off of 8 million. Sene is a throw in who just so happens to be a shot blocking center. this deal basically saves a team struggling financially 19 million dollars in two years. Plus gives us the Shot blocker we need. His contract does spill into 2010, so David Lee and Nate for sure have to be moved in this scenerio

No Curry trade is realistic until/if he comes into camp in shape and plays at least 20 games.

David Lee

for

Portland 2010 unprotected pick and another couple future first
rounders or Jerryd Bayless

Jordan Hill is a Knick for better or for worse, so regardless of what they say about him being drafted and the Darko trade not affecting Lee's status, lets be realistic, they are preparing to part with Lee! Trade Lee and get a pick in what is being projected as a deep draft. I like the Bayless option because it gets Mike the same type of player he wanted in Stephon Curry.

Nate

for

Any team's early to mid first round 2010 & 2012 pick

If Atlanta didnt trade for Crawford this would be a great move for them and us. But for me any mid to early first round pick would be fine.... Yes I know there is no way to tell who will have a mid to first round pick next year, but what I mean we cant give him to SA, LA, Orl, because obviously those teams likely will be late first rounders.

Al Harrington

for

Brian Cardinal and Craig Smith and future first rounder

Al to me is dead weight! He clogs up our lineup, robbing both our past two lottery picks of minutes, move him to free up roster space. The First Rounder is needed because of the difference in the talent we give up and what we are getting back. To me Minny does this deal because they need a SF who can score w/ Brewer being a bust so far in the NBA. Both Cardinal and Smith's contract melt away after next season, thus making this deal worth doing for us.

Ny Ny Trade sum up

Duhon/Bayless
James/Hughes/Bayless
Chandler/Danillo
Hill/ Darko/Cardinal/Smith
Ty. Chandler/Curry/Darko

The Catch is that I did add about 6 million to the 2010 cap making a trade of Curry or him deciding to opt out a must. But this team should compete in The East, a decent defensive team for sure an upgrade in that regard with 3 guys who can block shots (not to be confused w/ 3 shot blockers, there is a difference) still likely not a playoff team, but should be appealing to members of the 2010 class.

Utah gets the 13th pick as opposed to the 8th or 9th. We land a couple picks ourselves in next year's draft which we can use with our expiring contracts come the trade deadline this season, or package them both for a higher pick.

None of these trades are Home Runs, but a couple stand up doubles with a couple Sac Fly RBI's

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
great trades New New York those trades will surely put us into the playoffs.

i really like the first 2 where we get rid of Jeffries, for Mike James- Jeffries is going to be the odd man out with the drafting of Hill who will get alot of PF minutes this season cause he's young has potential and a big part of our future. and we get back an expiring contract in James

and the the T.Chandler trade makes sense cause we get a defensive C who grabs rebounds by the bunches and could run the floor

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Stop Making Double Threads.

There's already a thread made by myself under exactly the same topic from 2 months ago. One that you've replied to more than once.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6241

Isn't this like the 3rd double thread you've made in the last week?

<table id="post90494" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(255, 255, 255) -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;" id="currentPost">
post_old.gif
Apr 06, 2009, 00:12 <!-- / status icon and date --> </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #1 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> Crazy8s <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_90494", true); </script>

reputation_pos.gif

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_90494" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);"> <!-- icon and title -->
trade_icon.gif
NYのトレード09 - Knicks Off-Season Trade Contest
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> トレード Official Off=Season Trade Thread. 

All trade thoughts for the off-season go here

This off-season is massive for us. Good trades/signings are essential. Currently, we're a ****ing expansion team at best.

Try the link below to view all NBA players individual contracts and salaries.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

And there's also the ESPN trade machine which has been updated:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Here's a list of this off-seasons free agents as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-09-10

There are also as we know, a plethora of veterans heading into their final year under current contracts. Don't forget them!

Remember, Lee & N8 are both sign and trades if you want to include them in a trade scenario. Neither can b shipped prior to the draft either.

In order to trade either, you'd need to create a realistic contract and then trade them. eg: pay N8 $7m/year and then trade him for someone of equal or slightly more or less monetary value. Other teams may agree to their signing prior to the draft, but are not bound by any legalities if they withdraw. I think.

Pretty simple stuff! Always good to see what others can come up with as well.
JPZ's trade thread from earlier in the season was good fun so I thought I'd cook up another one given the perfect timing & the immense necessity of a successful off season going into 2010

Blow Up The Knicks!

I'm tearin' us apart!

jamaleddie.jpg
Additional Caption Contest

Curry - "There's more wood in my jocky than on the floor of MSG right now"
Crawful - "You can add another shot to my nightly total"

Fags.:teeth:

PS: This thread is old now, so some scenarios pale in comparison to any we could concoct with our #8 pick and those who have elected to test free agency etc. & may seem a little weird.

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
メトロ、何で男と愛知がしたいですか?
<!-- / sig --> <!-- edit note --> <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> Last edited by Crazy8s : Today at 10:32. Reason: you'll never know
<!-- / edit note --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;">
user_invisible.gif
<script type="text/javascript"> vbrep_register("90494")</script> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> <!-- controls -->
progress.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Mike James

for

Jared Jefferies

The Wizards were supposed to be interested in re-acquiring him, and Mike James' contract comes off the books next year, plus he could be usefull if we part with Nate. ESPN says this is a fair trade for both teams

Cuttino Mobley and Sene (not sure if we can trade him, but ESPN trade Machine let me, so I assume it is correct)

for

Tyson Chandler

NO is trying to move Chandler for Cap, no team can offer them better than 80% off of 8 million. Sene is a throw in who just so happens to be a shot blocking center. this deal basically saves a team struggling financially 19 million dollars in two years. Plus gives us the Shot blocker we need. His contract does spill into 2010, so David Lee and Nate for sure have to be moved in this scenerio

No Curry trade is realistic until/if he comes into camp in shape and plays at least 20 games.

David Lee

for

Portland 2010 unprotected pick and another couple future first
rounders or Jerryd Bayless

Jordan Hill is a Knick for better or for worse, so regardless of what they say about him being drafted and the Darko trade not affecting Lee's status, lets be realistic, they are preparing to part with Lee! Trade Lee and get a pick in what is being projected as a deep draft. I like the Bayless option because it gets Mike the same type of player he wanted in Stephon Curry.

Nate

for

Any team's early to mid first round 2010 & 2012 pick

If Atlanta didnt trade for Crawford this would be a great move for them and us. But for me any mid to early first round pick would be fine.... Yes I know there is no way to tell who will have a mid to first round pick next year, but what I mean we cant give him to SA, LA, Orl, because obviously those teams likely will be late first rounders.

Al Harrington

for

Brian Cardinal and Craig Smith and future first rounder

Al to me is dead weight! He clogs up our lineup, robbing both our past two lottery picks of minutes, move him to free up roster space. The First Rounder is needed because of the difference in the talent we give up and what we are getting back. To me Minny does this deal because they need a SF who can score w/ Brewer being a bust so far in the NBA. Both Cardinal and Smith's contract melt away after next season, thus making this deal worth doing for us.

Ny Ny Trade sum up

Duhon/Bayless
James/Hughes/Bayless
Chandler/Danillo
Hill/ Darko/Cardinal/Smith
Ty. Chandler/Curry/Darko

The Catch is that I did add about 6 million to the 2010 cap making a trade of Curry or him deciding to opt out a must. But this team should compete in The East, a decent defensive team for sure an upgrade in that regard with 3 guys who can block shots (not to be confused w/ 3 shot blockers, there is a difference) still likely not a playoff team, but should be appealing to members of the 2010 class.

Utah gets the 13th pick as opposed to the 8th or 9th. We land a couple picks ourselves in next year's draft which we can use with our expiring contracts come the trade deadline this season, or package them both for a higher pick.

None of these trades are Home Runs, but a couple stand up doubles with a couple Sac Fly RBI's

I like all the trades except the Harrington one. I agree he's taking time away from up and coming players but just think about it. In 2010 Harrington comes off the books and we can probably resign him for 5-6 million. That's a pretty fair deal for a guy who can put up 15-20 on a given night. I prefer him as a backup PF though.

metrocard

Legend
Mike James at SG?

Pass.

How long is Chandler's contract?
Eh...I don't want Chandler/Curry on the same team.

I don't want to pay Curry that salary to be a back up...primary goals should be shipping Curry and Jefferies.

After that, well go from there.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Mike James at SG?

Pass.

How long is Chandler's contract?
Eh...I don't want Chandler/Curry on the same team.

I don't want to pay Curry that salary to be a back up...primary goals should be shipping Curry and Jefferies.

After that, well go from there.

Ok, so Mike James may not be the ideal SG, but for one we have Hughes who can play the position, and its not like James can't score the ball, and most importantly the deal gets rid of Jefferies' contract. Really I would trade for Jerome James to get rid of Jefferies' contract. I proposed he start at the SG because I knew at one time he could score, but it really doesnt matter if he plays even one minute next year. Hell buy him out the day after the trade, because the name of the game is salary dump. Name me another team that has shown any interest in Jefferies and would give us exactly what we want for him? A smart GM would squeeze Walsh in a trade for Jefferies playing on our desperation to move him, again the Wiz look at Jefferies as a player they want so whoever they offer (w/ an expiring contract) is well worth it

Chandler's contract does extend into the 2010-2011 and is some what of an issue, but, at some point we have to add a shotblocker, and in all actuality he would be a target in 2010 if he opts out of NO, so why not just pick him up now?

I guess I see your point about paying Curry to be a backup, but Curry is likely a backup Center next season anyways! Like I said it is going to take 20 games for a team to be convinced he has turned a over a new leaf. Even if he is coming off the bench, if he comes into camp in shape and is in the rotatation at all, then that should be enough to get teams looking at him, starter or not.

Like you said the main goal should be to move Curry and Jefferies, Agreed! And player rotation and even win total should fall way way second to that.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Chandler extending throughout 2010 is a negative.
He will most likely be a bust in NY.

Why?

Going from Paul to Duhon will really affect his game.

Didnt he play with Duhon in Chicago when he was one of the worst offensive players in the NBA?

Chandler is an excellent rebounder, but by no means he's a lock down defender...solid shot blocker, not the best.

I feel Hill could fill in for whatever Chandler can do at a cheaper price(rookie contract)

metrocard

Legend
Great trade to get rid of Eddy Curry...honestly if we're lucky he loses some weight, plays excellent for the first two or so weeks and Donnie Walsh pulls a move kinda like the ones he did to get rid of Z-Bo and Crawford...

I REALLY don't want to see Curry play another second in orange and blue.
Enough is enough.
Even when Curry was average 18 ppg...it was still dreadful to watch him up run up and down the court.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
I REALLY don't want to see Curry play another second in orange and blue.
Enough is enough.
Even when Curry was average 18 ppg...it was still dreadful to watch him up run up and down the court.
Hold on, Im missing something. Curry used to run!?!? Anyway, I think we should sign and trade lee and harrington for Chris Bosh.