sign-and-trade Lee for Okur?

portega1968

El Cacique
Okur is opting out of his $9million with the Jazz

I wouldnt be surprised if Walsh targets him.. the guy can somewhat defend the middle and is lethal from the 3line... he can doubledouble and block and to me is a better center than Darko, and playing both at the same time should bolster our defense.

so, question is.. would you sign-and-trade Lee for Okur?

portega1968

El Cacique
They might, potentially they are losing Boozer and Millsap this offseason.

exactly!!! if they lose those two, then there's a bigger gap at the 4 than in the middle.

Lee would match perfectly with Deron in the pick and roll and can easily become a fan favorite down there.

I love Lee, but I think we have a logjam at the 4 and would benefit from getting another center that can shoot from the three

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Okur

Okur will likely be be more expensive than Lee. He will screw up 2010 plans. I would prefer to have the $10M or so he would cost for some other free agent in 2010. We have enough bigs now. We do not have a point guard. Whatever assets we now have we should keep available for a point guard. A sign and trade with Lee is one of those assets.

I do not believe we are getting Rubio this year. We might be better off if he signs with Minnesota. Then Flynn could well be available.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I'd pass. I dont like his game, he can shoot, but i'f im investing in a center i'd like a better athlete, someone that can get up and down and block some shots.