Lakers and Kings interested in Nate

smokes

Huge Member
The Lakers and Kings appear to be the front runners to land guard Nate Robinson, a restricted free agent of the Knicks.

Sacramento was reportedly close to swinging a deal that involved Robinson and Jared Jeffries at February's trading deadline, but talks between the Kings and Knicks fell through.

It's possible that the two teams could rekindle talks this summer.

The Lakers was rumored to have inquired about Robinson after he scored 33 points at the Staples Center in December, and both Kobe Bryant and Jerry Buss gushed about the guard after the mid-December game.

Damnnnnnnnn... If we can use little Nate to get rid of Jefferies contract that would be amazing. Wonder if we can work Sergio into this trade if we're not acquiring Rubio or any other PG in FA. This is gonna be one interesting offseason that's for sure.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60172/20090629/lakers_kings_front_runners_to_land_nate/

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lakers have their hands tied with resigning Odom and Ariza. They will not pay Nate the $7mil he's looking for. A sign and trade with Nate could be possible but the Kings have very little assets other than draft picks. If the point is just to get rid of JJ then I guess it works.

smokes

Huge Member
Well this is talking about a S&T which doesn't impact on whether the Lakers could sign anyone or not. I think the point is to drop Jefferies contract, a huge step in making us major contenders in the 2010 FA market. When we have Harrington, Chandler, Gallo and Hill at least covering the forward spots Jefferies doesn't fit in anywhere, he's an expensive bench warmer and a trade like this would be amazing since we really don't need Nate anymore if we are holding onto Duhon for his last year.

Also if the Amare trade goes through I wonder if we can use Lee for a shot at Steve Nash, would set us up amazingly for 2010.

Nash/Duhon
Hughes/Douglas
Chandler/Gallo
Hill/Harrington
Darko/Curry

For a team in rebuilding mode that's a pretty sweet lineup.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well this is talking about a S&T which doesn't impact on whether the Lakers could sign anyone or not. I think the point is to drop Jefferies contract, a huge step in making us major contenders in the 2010 FA market. When we have Harrington, Chandler, Gallo and Hill at least covering the forward spots Jefferies doesn't fit in anywhere, he's an expensive bench warmer and a trade like this would be amazing since we really don't need Nate anymore if we are holding onto Duhon for his last year.

Also if the Amare trade goes through I wonder if we can use Lee for a shot at Steve Nash, would set us up amazingly for 2010.

Nash/Duhon
Hughes/Douglas
Chandler/Gallo
Hill/Harrington
Darko/Curry

For a team in rebuilding mode that's a pretty sweet lineup.

All jokes aside.....that looks like a 23 to 28 win season lineup with a one year rented player in every position.
How hard will u work for a company that will replace u in 6 months???

mafra

Legend
Damnnnnnnnn... If we can use little Nate to get rid of Jefferies contract that would be amazing. Wonder if we can work Sergio into this trade if we're not acquiring Rubio or any other PG in FA. This is gonna be one interesting offseason that's for sure.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60172/20090629/lakers_kings_front_runners_to_land_nate/

Perchance that is why SAC traded for Sergio.... Knowing all along DW wanted him. They'll take Jeffries and get Nate, and DW gets Sergio.

Martin, Evans & Nate would be sweet for them.

iSaYughh

Starter
They might be rentals, but they're still playing for future keep -- with some team. Not a bad lineup going forward into the near-future, but for the coming year I agree that it could be another basement record in the making...could surprise people, though, which is a testament to it basically being built around potential that would have to realize itself rapidly and in sync.

Any chance we could score the Kings' pick for next year, or wishful thinking?

smokes

Huge Member
All jokes aside.....that looks like a 23 to 28 win season lineup with a one year rented player in every position.
How hard will u work for a company that will replace u in 6 months???

Indeed Kiya, but this is rebuilding mode, and as much as you want to keep Nate & Lee bottom line is we aren't gonna keep both of them, that much should be pretty common knowledge already.

How will they work hard? Well if they want some more $$$ that's why they play hard. Bottom line is that lineup lets our young guys develop with some good talent, drops salary and puts us in a strong position for 2010.

Also, all things considered I don't see how you can see this as a downgrade from our 2008/09 lineup. We lose Nate and gain Nash/Douglas (upgrade in my eyes). We lose Lee and gain Hill/Darko (sidegrade/potential upgrade).

Alongside that we gain valuable playing time for our young guys to develop, something you are pretty high on I believe? I guess you really dislike the rented players idea.

Last edited:
Indeed Kiya, but this is rebuilding mode, and as much as you want to keep Nate & Lee bottom line is we aren't gonna keep both of them, that much should be pretty common knowledge already.

How will they work hard? Well if they want some more $$$ that's why they play hard. Bottom line is that lineup lets our young guys develop with some good talent, drops salary and puts us in a strong position for 2010.

Also, all things considered I don't see how you can see this as a downgrade from our 2008/09 lineup. We lose Nate and gain Nash/Douglas (upgrade in my eyes). We lose Lee and gain Hill/Darko (sidegrade/potential upgrade).

Alongside that we gain valuable playing time for our young guys to develop, something you are pretty high on I believe? I guess you really dislike the rented players idea.

23-28 i dunno about that, our defense will be better, nash will be our leader, and our young players will be competing for minutes.
im not saying we will be a great team right away, but players have said they want to stay on the team post 2010, so i really dont see it as a rental mentality, 23-28 is really low a decline from last yr with a 2nd yr coach and some returning key players in their 2nd and 3rd years getting fed by nash orchestrating under Mike D does not equal a 23-28 team. Sorry to be argumentative but thats very negativo, and way wrong.