T-Mac for Eddie Curry

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Heard this rumor on SNY a couple of minutes ago. Bearing Yao is out for the season the knicks and Rockets are talking Trading Curry for Mcgrady.

I really dont know how much Mcgrady has left but I guess anyone is better than Curry sitting on the bench the entire season. A

Can anyone post an update on McGradys contract compared to Curry's

New New York

Quiet Storm
Heard this rumor on SNY a couple of minutes ago. Bearing Yao is out for the season the knicks and Rockets are talking Trading Curry for Mcgrady.

I really dont know how much Mcgrady has left but I guess anyone is better than Curry sitting on the bench the entire season. A

Can anyone post an update on McGradys contract compared to Curry's

Yeah I just heard a similar rumor about another potential deal.... Jerome James for Joe Johnson! LOL

Ummm....I'm not saying that someone didnt post the Curry/McGrady trade on some site somewhere, but, I will say that there is no chance that this is going down! I don't think Houston even picks up the phone when they see Donnie Walsh's number if this is a deal he is pursuing

smokes

Huge Member
Tmac 23 million, Curry 11 million. We'd have to use Mobley or Larry Hughes to even this out but I wouldn't be mad.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
pleeeeeese

itake one shoe off t mac and put it on garden floor it will do more good than fat bastrad cury

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we could somehow convince the Rockets to do this? There's no way they're THAT dumb. If they do it it'll be during the season when Eddy Curry somehow scores 35 PPG in two weeks and grabs 14 rebounds and somehow craps gold out of his ass

iSaYughh

Starter
It's prolly in the Knicks' best interest to just give Eddy a few mill in hard cash off the books on the simple contingency that he ween himself off Baconators and pretends he has a heart for a few weeks on the court.

But ya, a McGrady for Curry type deal would be a beast of a trade...improve this year, hopefully get out of the basement come lotto time, while shedding Curry's fatass come '10.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I just thought about it, and maybe it's not as absolutely ridiculous as it sounds?

All NBA teams need to cut costs. How desperate are the Rockets to cut salary, and how big of an impact do they plan on making in 2010? Swapping Curry and T-Mac (and giving them Cuttino Mobley's contract too, probably) cuts their payroll by 13 million dollars, putting them under the cap. Granted it adds 10 million to their 2010 payroll, but if the Rockets are really desperate to cut costs, then perhaps Walsh could swing it since T-Mac makes 13 million dollars more than Curry for 2009-2010. If we gave them Mobley's contract, that's a free pass for them. So they get to deal away 23 million dollars of dead weight and get 10 million dollars of dead weight in return. Problem is that 10 million dollars extends to 2010. But would the additional cap room give them enough money to sign, say, Ron Artest, if they wanted to? I'm not familiar with the CBA so I don't know whether or not they can sign him but additional cap room may let them keep Ron Artest. As it stands right now, I don't think they have the cap room to retain him...

this is rediculous it isnt happening and if you talking bout cutting costs then the deal would have been done already... if they make the deal after the start of the free agency period they lose out on the best free agents they could sign so the cap relief would have to come next offseason which guess what tmac will be off the books anyway and curry wouldnt...
so either the deal is made in a day or so or the deal never will be unless things are added like lee, nate, hill , or chandler
which all except nate are not worth the effort
sooo in my mind this was made up for press and that is all

dre48ny

Rotation player
This deal makes sense for the Rockets. They need a big man and Curry and Gortat are the only ones that are available.

Suss

Rookie
I just thought about it, and maybe it's not as absolutely ridiculous as it sounds?

All NBA teams need to cut costs. How desperate are the Rockets to cut salary, and how big of an impact do they plan on making in 2010? Swapping Curry and T-Mac (and giving them Cuttino Mobley's contract too, probably) cuts their payroll by 13 million dollars, putting them under the cap. Granted it adds 10 million to their 2010 payroll, but if the Rockets are really desperate to cut costs, then perhaps Walsh could swing it since T-Mac makes 13 million dollars more than Curry for 2009-2010. If we gave them Mobley's contract, that's a free pass for them. So they get to deal away 23 million dollars of dead weight and get 10 million dollars of dead weight in return. Problem is that 10 million dollars extends to 2010. But would the additional cap room give them enough money to sign, say, Ron Artest, if they wanted to? I'm not familiar with the CBA so I don't know whether or not they can sign him but additional cap room may let them keep Ron Artest. As it stands right now, I don't think they have the cap room to retain him...

Good points. The Knicks are willing to take on the huge contract this year as long at it does not effect 2010. I'm sure the Rockets are looking to get rid of McGrady and his 23 million anyway possible, and I doubt they will find any other takers.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
At this point in time the Rockets have two options since they need a center. They have Marcin Gortat and Eddy Curry. Gortat, while a good player, is not nearly good enough to provide an offensive presence for them. Eddy Curry, while he may be out of shape for D'Antoni's game, will work out just fine on most other teams so long as he can trim down just a BIT of weight (and he seems to be working on that, if he loses 20 pounds he'll be in good enough shape to be an effective scorer in the paint even if his defense is awful).

Taking on Eddy Curry is a small price to pay if it means they get to keep Ron Artest in the long term. The Knicks might be the one team that can take on a 23 million dollar contract without it affecting our future in any significant way. We'll take T-Mac so long as it involves moving Jeffries or Curry; we don't care whether or not we get anything in return as far as I know.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
When I first saw this thread I thought it said "Big-Mac for Eddy Curry" and I was like "aaaah sh*t here we go again this fat f**ker is binge eating again".

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This is Eddy Curry on his spare time:

big_burger.jpg

Coastyn

Rookie
Would be nice...but wont happen. Theyre getting Gortat, plus T-Mac would play a maximum of 18 and a half games for us, then he'l sit on the bench with a snazzy suit.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Who cares how many games T-Mac would play for us?

If it means we get to take Eddy Curry's salary off the books in 2010, who cares? We pick up an extra 12 million dollars in payroll for 2009 (which, honestly, is no big deal for a team like the Knicks) and we get the cap room to sign two players to max deals as well as any other free agents we might want, not to mention the mid-level exception we'd still have for 2010.

Currently we have like 18 million dollars (Jeffries and Curry) tagged on the salary cap for 2010. If we get rid of Curry, that's like 6.5 million dollars on the books for 2010. An extra 11 million dollars of Cap Space (for a year where the NBA salary cap is probably going to be set at like 58.6 million dollars) can do us wonders. That could be the difference in having Steve Nash or not having Steve Nash. Or the difference between having Al Harrington off the bench or having...nobody off the bench. I'd gladly take on T-Mac's salary for this year if it meant getting us extra cap room in 2010

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Would be nice...but wont happen. Theyre getting Gortat, plus T-Mac would play a maximum of 18 and a half games for us, then he'l sit on the bench with a snazzy suit.

its his contract year so i expect a good/great year from him

Coastyn

Rookie
...lol, I understand that my man..and trust me i would LOVE for that to happen, too... If that news popped up on hoopshype.com, hell, id take a naked lap around my block. Curry is useless and T-Mac really wont play but 18 games. Yet, I wish this trade would go down...but sadly its just a hoop dream