Knicks want a PG, who do YOU want?

Your 2009-10 PG

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
One year after courting Chris Duhon, Knicks brass finds itself back in the market today for another free-agent point guard, with Kidd and young Bucks guard Ramon Sessions on top of its list. The Knicks will also contact reps for standouts Mike Bibby and Andre Miller, according to a source. Their chances aren't strong anywhere.

Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni meet today with Kidd in their longshot bid while their own free agents, Nate Robinson and David Lee, hit the open market.

Portland and Sacramento have interest in Robinson, a source said. "He wants to be back," a Robinson confidant said. "But he knows he probably won't be."

Lee's agent will receive an initial offer from Walsh, expected to be at $7 million per. Lee likely will be pursued by under-the-cap teams -- Oklahoma City, Portland, Memphis, Detroit. The Knicks other free agent, Chris Wilcox, won't be re-signed.

I kinda go with Sessions since he's the youngest...can score and pass...lacks
3pt range tho.

metrocard

Legend
Allen Iverson
Stephon Marbury
Ronnie Price
Brevin Knight
Juan Dixon
Jacque Vaughn
Royal Ivey
Tyronn Lue
Kevin Ollie
Damon Jones
Luther Head
Anthony Carter
Lindsey Hunter
Mike Wilks

More added to the list.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
My 1st choice would be Nash and then Kidd, but I'm talking about this and next season only, to pursue 2010 FA's.
I'd go for Sessions as well as he would be a great PG for the future.

Kiyaman

Legend
This Post is a year late.........

We wanted a pass first PG in the 2008 draft class.

We signed FA Billups.
We watch Billups strengths and weakness for 40 mpg throughout this season.
Do u think he will improve his weaknesses this offseason for next season (his ending contract season)???

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We wanted a pass first PG in the 2008 draft class.

We signed FA Billups.
We watch Billups strengths and weakness for 40 mpg throughout this season.
Do u think he will improve his weaknesses this offseason for next season (his ending contract season)???

Billups??

I want Rubio and Nash. Is that too greedy?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Point Guards

Our point guard situation is almost desperate. Currently Duhon is all we have. Perhaps Douglas can help, but he is not really a point guard. Same with Nate, if he sticks around. None of them are point guards on a championship contending team.

We have no draft pick next year so we cannot even dream about John Wall. The 2010 free agent class lacks real impact players at point guard. Rondo, Farmer and Chalmers will be restricted in 2010. T.J. Ford and Nash will be unrestricted. I am ignoring Bell, Berea, Ridnour, Claxton and Telfair. Nash will be up there in years, but he could be a bridge. He has a $13M contract for 2009, so we could trade expiring contract for expiring contract this year. I would prefer him to Kidd.

Sessions is a possibility, but I do not believe we can afford him, particularly if Lee takes the Knicks offer.

I think Donnie will do something that gets us a promising point guard through trades. A Nash or a Kidd is only a temporary bridge. I think the Wolves will make getting Rubio, at least currently, impossible. We would probably be better off if Rubio signed with the Wolves because it would likely make Flynn available.

Ramon Sessions

Absolutely sign Ramon Sessions. Maybe he can shoot the ball like we want, but as you saw with the orlando magic jump shooting teams dont win it all. He is young, a great passer, and can score. He shouldnt be more than 6 million. If this means we can get bosh so what. You only need one superstar, team Lebron up with Sessions, Gallo, Hill, Wilson Chandler, David Lee if he accepts the offer. That is a much better surrounding cast than the cavs had this yr and they had the best record in the NBA. So if we sign Sessions and Lee we could sign James and another player for say 8 mil next year. BRING IN SESSIONS, we dont need to have Bosh too, its too much of a luxury. Spend the money on Ramon Sessions.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I haven't followed Sessions that much. I didn't watch a single Bucks game last year. But isn't he a really poor shooter? Like 20% from 3? What are his strengths?

A true pg

Ramon session, great passer, can break down the D. maybe he cant shoot great, but at 23 years old you have a lot of tiem to improve the shot, 6'3 big guy good defender.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I think we should hire Isiah back and put all our pawns down for that Marbury guy in Boston, then get a bigman for him, someone like a Jerome James, then JJ and Eddy Curry can be the beasts down low witH Stephon dishing out the dimes. Then we sit back and watch the good times roll. Man why doesn't Donnie think of something like this?????

KBlack25

Starter
Sessions, in terms of everything, is probably the best bet. A quality PG who probably will come cheap, or cheaper than most of the other guys. He's a good passer (as many have said), and the lack of shooting is a moot point, in my opinion. There are plenty of guys on this team that love to shoot (see: Al Harrington), and can score (see: Wilson Chandler). Having a solid PG running the floor in D'Antoni's system does not entail having one that can shoot, just one that can pass and break down the D.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
i hate to say it, but i doubt ricky rubio puts on a knick uniform this season. all the best to him, hopefully he gets out of minny asap. but i like the sessions kid. hes young, sorta athletic, and ovbious upgrade over duhon. i think duhon wud be more liked among us as a backup. but the kid will ask for money. he deserves a good amount, hopefully we cud get him at a discount price though.