Big Baby - Lee Trade

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
glen_davis.jpg
javascript:newwind('http://www.csnne.com/wickedgoodsports/celtics/big-baby-update-2/','136')
Dallas has become the 5th team interested in Glen "Big Baby" Davis, along with Memphis, New York, San Antonio and Detroit. He wants to stay in Boston but the money may be to good to turn down. Leon Powe is an example of what can happen. Leon was going to make a lot of money until he blew out his knee. If Baby gets more money elsewhere, he has to take it. Furthermore, if he becomes a starter elsewhere, especially NY, the endorsement deals will roll in. CSNNE.com

No thanks. If Lee does go to Portland and we get Davis I'll be livid.

Proposal for Lee to Portland.

<table align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="650"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" bgcolor="#003366" height="30">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]42 David Lee New York Knicks [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="top" width="67">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
david_lee.jpg
[/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="middle" width="241"> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position: PF
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Born: 4/29/83[/FONT]
Height:
6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 249 lbs. / 113,0 kg.
College: Florida '05
[/FONT]
</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="middle" width="1">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]</td> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="320">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Excellent rebounder... Can score with both hands... Good athleticism... Great leaping skills... Runs the floor well... [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has no three-point range... Must improve his perimeter game.[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

@ $10m

In exchange for:

<table align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="650"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" bgcolor="#003366" height="30">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 Rudy Fernandez Portland Trail Blazers[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="top" width="78">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
rudy_fernandez.jpg
[/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="middle" width="264">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position: SG
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Born: 4/04/85[/FONT]
Height:
6-5 / 1,96
Weight: 185 lbs. / 83,9 kg.
[/FONT]
</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="middle" width="2">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]</td> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="285">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Outstanding athleticism... Great legs... Very good creating his own shot... Very talented on the offensive end... Moves very well around the court... Gets lots of steals... Lacks strength.[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="650"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" bgcolor="#003366" height="30">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 Darius Miles Memphis Grizzlies[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="top" width="67">
darius_miles.jpg
</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="middle" width="255"> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position: SF
Born: 10/09/81
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 210 lbs. / 95,3 kg.
High School: East St. Louis (IL)
[/FONT]
</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="middle" width="1"> </td> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="306">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Was one of the most prolific dunkers in the NBA... Could not be any other way with those long arms and those leaping skills... Good ballhandler... Bad shooter... Ran the floor extremely well... Very inconsistent... Bad attitude... Very apathetic... Recovered from injury?[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

The deal would work with Fernandez @ $1.5m and the Blazers having to pay $9m toward the final year of Miles contract which (obviously) comes off the books before you know when.

Just a thought. We have too many SGs, but with Mobley's money saver available to us, hopefully Hughes is gone and forgotten.

To lose the blue collar Lee for nothing in return can't happen. This'd work and end up cheap in the long run.

Just sayin'.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
great trade, we would finaly have someone who can knock down open shots and is quick on his feet on D...miles could be good too if used the right way in the post, i would never let him shoot tho

givin hughes playin time & shots = another lost season of huge embarrasment and disappointment

jpz17

Starter
Great!! I love to see Euro guys may go to NY. It all makes sense if they do. Mike D loves their style of play too. Also less a chance of guys being lazy, loud, or obnoxious

Toons

is the Bo$$
why isnt anyone talkin about chris anderson? birdman was second in the league in blocks, and denver can offer him a max of 5.5 mil. i say we court birdman..

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Not a bad call. He's stated he only wants to play in Denver though. Great replacement for Lee with less O and a lot more D.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wanting to trade or get rid of Lee & Nate

It is very confusing to the point of baffle.....

which bothers me about so many members on this board.
I just dont see any 2010 star FA wanting to go to a gutted team.

We have 3 players (Lee, Chandler, and Nate) on our roster now that we all should know their talent would make a star player be able to perform at the next level.

We can not say that about Eddy Curry, Jefferies, Harrington, Larry Hughes, or Darko.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Miles is a free agent who the Blazers don't hold rights to or any other team. The trade of Lee for Fernandez and Miles doesn't make any sense. Plus the Blazers owe him 9 million next season since he play over 10 games last season with Memphis. Miles is a free agent currently.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Don't wanna trade Lee really. He's quality with flaws and has a great perspective.

Nate on the other hand is not a point guard, he's a smurf, he shoots first when he shouldn't, his decision making has always been questionable, at 5'9" how on earth can he be a mediocre passer? It's because he's point hungry and it just won't work out. He's good, I like him, but I can't see why you're so enamored by him. He's not gonna be a decisive piece in any scenario unless he's the 6th man.

Not hatin', just ratin'.

Paul1355

All Star
Good scenerio

glen_davis.jpg

No thanks. If Lee does go to Portland and we get Davis I'll be livid.

Proposal for Lee to Portland.

<table width="650" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" bgcolor="#003366" height="30">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]42 David Lee New York Knicks [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="67" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" valign="middle" width="241" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc"> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position: PF
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Born: 4/29/83[/FONT]
Height:
6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 249 lbs. / 113,0 kg.
College: Florida '05
[/FONT]
</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" valign="middle" width="1" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc"></td> <td valign="top" width="320" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Excellent rebounder... Can score with both hands... Good athleticism... Great leaping skills... Runs the floor well... [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has no three-point range... Must improve his perimeter game.[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

@ $10m

In exchange for:

<table width="650" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" bgcolor="#003366" height="30">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 Rudy Fernandez Portland Trail Blazers[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="78" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" valign="middle" width="264" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position: SG
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Born: 4/04/85[/FONT]
Height:
6-5 / 1,96
Weight: 185 lbs. / 83,9 kg.
[/FONT]
</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" valign="middle" width="2" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc"></td> <td valign="top" width="285" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Outstanding athleticism... Great legs... Very good creating his own shot... Very talented on the offensive end... Moves very well around the court... Gets lots of steals... Lacks strength.[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table width="650" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" bgcolor="#003366" height="30">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 Darius Miles Memphis Grizzlies[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="67" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc"> </td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" valign="middle" width="255" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc"> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position: SF
Born: 10/09/81
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 210 lbs. / 95,3 kg.
High School: East St. Louis (IL)
[/FONT]
</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" valign="middle" width="1" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc"> </td> <td valign="top" width="306" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Was one of the most prolific dunkers in the NBA... Could not be any other way with those long arms and those leaping skills... Good ballhandler... Bad shooter... Ran the floor extremely well... Very inconsistent... Bad attitude... Very apathetic... Recovered from injury?[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

The deal would work with Fernandez @ $1.5m and the Blazers having to pay $9m toward the final year of Miles contract which (obviously) comes off the books before you know when.

Just a thought. We have too many SGs, but with Mobley's money saver available to us, hopefully Hughes is gone and forgotten.

To lose the blue collar Lee for nothing in return can't happen. This'd work and end up cheap in the long run.

Just sayin'.

I love this scenario....we get a good PF back by not spending too much on Davis if we can hopefully get him...and with Rudy Fernandez and Miles wanting out of Portland due to no playing time, they would be good players on this team....especially Rudy.

Sounds good.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Bird aint coming here as much as id love that.....

I dont want Big baby. He does something David lee does (takes too many jumpshots) and doesnt rebound much.

I dont want Darius Miles, period. dont care when he expires, i dont want him here.

If we can get Rudy Fernandez, that would be great. Shit i know what im about to say will be unlikely, but Joel Pryzbilla would be the shit.

LeFlume

All Star
No retarded Bostonian will ever succeed in NY. The list goes on forever..Pedro?, Johnny Damon?,.....F Boston and their Sport and let them keep those disgusting players up there...

At least The Patriots went 18-1 two years ago....:afro:

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
No retarded Bostonian will ever succeed in NY. The list goes on forever..Pedro?, Johnny Damon?,.....F Boston and their Sport and let them keep those disgusting players up there...

At least The Patriots went 18-1 two years ago....:afro:

johnny damon is actually beating right now lol

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Hell, at this point, it looks like Donnie's hanging David out to dry.

I mean, look at it. The Blazers seem to want Odom over Lee. The Raptors took Hedo. The Rockets have Ariza. Detroit got Villanueva. The Grizzlies got Z-Bo. No other team seems to want David Lee at all.

Let's be honest here. If guys like 'Sheed and Artest are getting paid the MLE, there's no way David Lee deserves more than they do...

Well, if Lee doesn't get the $10m he wants, he might have to "settle" for $7m/per from the Knicks. I think the Knicks definitely want him at that price. I don't think he's a $10m player anyway.