Curry on the up?

smokes

Huge Member
Knicks Order Curry To Report To Summer League

The Knicks have ordered Eddy Curry to report to the Summer League in Las Vegas so that the team can monitor his progress.

Curry won't play for New York's summer league team, but will work out with the club on Sunday.

Trainer Jerry Powell says Curry, who began a strict diet and workout regimen in May, has lost almost 50 pounds.

"They want to see what he looks like," Powell told Alan Hahn Newsday. "They want to see him get up and down with the summer league team and practice."

Powell added that it's clear Curry's "confidence has been damaged."

GetRealistic

Starter
I like the idea of Eddy Curry being seen around Vegas 50 LBS lighter. Maybe if some teams see him in shape they'll be more interested in taking a chance on him. I also like the idea of him not playing in Vegas. Lets be honest Eddy playing in Vegas could only hurt his trade value. He'd probably go out there and look awful or get hurt.

Hopefully he's truely lost 50 lbs. And if so an in shape Eddy Curry is tradeable despite his ability. Somebody will take a chance on a young 7 footer he almost average 20ppg. And lets face it if your a team thats not gearing up for 2010 his contract isn't that awful.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
If he lost 50 lbs, that should put him right around 270. which is pretty good for a 6-11 guy. If he's in shape, that trade to Houston could really happen.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Lets be honest Eddy playing in Vegas could only hurt his trade value. He'd probably go out there and look awful or get hurt.

LOL, that's the best backhanded complement I've seen in a minute. Like saying 'she's pretty hot, for an ugly cock-eyed bitch.' Excellent news. Hopefully Curry will continue to take his conditioning seriously.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Seriously, I hate weak ass players!! "Confidence has been damaged"??? Grow some balls you f****** idiot!!! Your in the NBA and have put up impressive scoring numbers in the past against some of the leagues best talent.

This guy is just a shame and makes NY basketball look bad. If he's really 30 lbs lighter it won't matter if his dumb ass doesn't believe he can play at a high level. Waste...smh in disgust.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Good for Eddy. I hope Eddy continues and shows up ready to play this just to prove everybody on this board wrong. He's overweight and everybody talks junk. Eddy loses 50lbs, which is no small feat, and everyone still talks junk. If he comes back ready, you want to trade a young center that could easily average 20 points a game??? To free up minutes for Darko??? WOW. Good for you Eddy. Keep it up.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
its good to hear that he's taking it more seriously. Hopefully he has a solid year and contributes a lot to our team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok, lets be realistic, Curry hasnt lost 50 lbs since May! But, the fact that they are throwing out such an obviously exxagerated figure suggests he did lose a bit of wieght.

Now the fact that his "confidence is shattered" worries me. He is a low post player, not a jump shooter where confidence is the main key to success, so what is he lacking confidence in, his ability to establish postion? Although it took a good game against Ben Wallace during his "breakout season" to give him the confidence to play in the league five years after he was drafted! But, physical skills (on the offensive end) has never been a question with him, its been about desire and he may be starting to show some, but then again being locked in a fat camp for six weeks and made to lose weight in a year when you can opt to be a FA doesnt really show desire, but desperation!

But, making him come to Summer League next week is an obvious showcasing by The Knicks for other teams (Rockets in particular) if he looks like he has slimmed down by 35 lbs (more realistic figure) so early on in the Summer, teams should take notice. Everyone knows that expiring contracts is the asking price for him, but should Walsh take the risk and let him play for us next season and he does well, we can increase what we are asking, although to me it is not worth the risk. If we have a chance to get rid of him, let him go!

curry%20bulls.jpg

If he looks like the above pick, moving him off the books just got a lot easier!

Hell if he looks like this Dantoni may even want to see him play for us a couple games next season

Camp opens tommorow, I imagine he reports no later than Tuesday, and we should know by then!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Oh yeah, how funny would it be if Grant Hill signs with NY and we trade Curry in a package to Houston for T-Mac!

If they even 60 games together,We would have the pair that was supposed to Orlando to the promise land playing more games in NY in one than they did in like four for Orlando.

Gotta love the irony of sports!

Blas

Benchwarmer
Why wouldn't his confidence been shaken?

Dude has gone through a lot in his life... being robbed, baby mother dying, being sued over false allegations.

Some people would give up after going through that kind of stuff. Others break out of it.

I hope he breaks out of it.

He is still a knick. I am still cheering for him.