Lebron and Wade's NY plan

nyk_nyk

All Star
According to J.A. Adande on Tuesday's episode of PTI, "I had someone that was around them in Beijing during Team USA, he said that they were going to wind up in NY together... they talked about it."

Now this makes sense since for a number of reasons. They are really good friends and their contracts were structured to expire during the same time. Neither one of them will sign a contract extension and they both have recently been tested in their true desire to remain with their teams. First there was the Lebron's "did he or didn't he tell Ariza he'd stick around" issue and then there was the unreal condition Wade gave the Heat on his willingness to re-sign (championship contender next season??? Yeah whatever).

I don't think Adande would go on national television and make this up, plus as stated above the signs all point to them leaving their respective teams. Walsh no doubt heard this too and will make sure we have cap space to accomodate them both.

Could you imagine!!!

moneyg

Starter
this can very well happen...the main point is wade will not be in miami..he will not reup until riley adds more pieces... riley wont add pieces until wade reups.... wont even add iverson at wades request... i luv it...:smokin:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Its been a while but I can truly see this happening now. These dudes obviously aren't interested in re-signing with their teams.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The idea of ONE of them signing with us is already making me jizz in my pants.

But BOTH of them? For the love of God that'd be like an all-star team provided we could get them to work together (given that it worked on Team USA, should work fine)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Trust me. David Stern really wants this to happen. It means way more exposure for his league and you always need to have a star or two in NY for marketing purposes.

Next year, knicks fans will finally feel relevant again.

mafra

Legend
Wade
Chandler
Lebron
Gallineri
Lee

With Harrington, Hill, Douglas, Duhon & Darko off the bench? WOW!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Don't even contemplate this before Curry is gone.

We can't afford both of them!

We can barely afford to give James even 10% more than he's on now as things are with the upcoming cap decline.

LBJ wants to be the first billion dollar athlete. That's the sole reason he'd move to NY (at this stage). What we can realistically offer him, would be less than what Marbury made this year. How do you think that'd appeal?

Don't even drag Wade into it.

Getting even one of these 2 relies on more than JA Adande (who sux btw)
and his source.

Cap, wins, Curry, Jeffries, supporting cast, OTHER OFFERS, Lee, chance, luck & so forth.

There's wishful thinking and there's reality. This idea is not the latter.

ANU

Starter
Wade
Chandler
Lebron
Gallineri
Lee

With Harrington, Hill, Douglas, Duhon & Darko off the bench? WOW!
no offense mafra, but i don't have the slightest idea why people keep insisting on lee as a center.he is awful at center.

another guy I've completely forgot about who's a free agent next year is roy.james,wade, or roy would do.

wall
James, wade, or Roy
gallinari
hill
milicic(if he shows some of the promise people anticipated from him, if he doesn't do this year, he'll never be good, but i think he'll excel here.)

:barf:disgusting.

mafra

Legend
I don't see how NYK can get Wall next year, especially since they do not have a 1st rounder....

Lee is not a good center on defense, but if we had Wade-Chandler-Lebron-Gallineri.... He would fit in with that foursome, for sure.

I do agree, I would prefer Curry or Darko to step it up and assume that position though.

dave2138

Rotation player
I thought we already established anu that Wall is slipping to the 45th pick in the 2nd round because no other team in the NBA needs a young PG. So you can pretty much pencil in Wall as our starting PG in 2010.

mafra

Legend
Why stop assuming there? Why not just say we'll sign Roy, Wade & Lebron?

There is no way we get a lottery pick next year, and there's no way Walll comes out unless he is a lottery selection.

Wade & Lebron is realistic b/c BOTH MIGHT make concessions to play together in NY.... Like one of them taking little salary in 2010, and backloading his contract, so the other can fit in.

I mean, they can both get their max money, if we pay one early, the other later, or switch it every other year. There is room to be creative if both want to make it happen.

BUT, to assume we'll also grab a lottery pick is getting out of hand.

BUT, hey.... I would like it. Why not. Give me Wall.

neither of them are going to make concessions to come to new york. at the end of the day if the cap is lowered to 50 mil we will only be able to sign one.

NYKnicks15

Starter
all signs point to this and that is why i am not worried with no movement this summer..

it all starts with them signing the same contract... then it continues in Beijing, when they talked more about it.. who heard them in Beijing... Mike D'Antoni. Both have yet to sign extensions. and LeBron has told a friend or two or three perhaps that HE WANTS TO WIN ONE IN CLEVELAND BEFORE HE LEAVES not only so he has no guilt but more importantly because Wade already has one! so after that they would be even. oh by the way anyone find it funny Stern leaks that the salary cap will be lower next year by a substantial amount... ever think its a conspiracy so other teams get scared and sign tons of players now...???? hmmm

its gonna happen. them two most likely then if not LeBron and Bosh.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah watch David Stern raise the cap to 70 million just for us. It'll be called the "Isiah Thomas Sympathy" exception in the new CBA

Get Offf This Wallll Crap, He Is Still A Teenager, I Hateee That The Knicks Are So Bad And So Desperate We Are Relying On Unproven High School Kids, And 17 Yr Old Spaniards To Be Our Proposed Saviors. Enough. Lebron And Wade Are Not Coming To Ny Together, John Wall Is Not A Savior. Get The Ffffffffff Over It

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Two things, If all this salary cap stuff was true, where right now we can only sign one Top flight free agent in 2010, I'm sure donnie know's this and will eventually move Curry/Jeffries or both. (IF) thats part of his plan.

One more thing.

Having both LBJ and Wade would be great, However, 7 Sometimes 8 or 9 Quality players Make a Championship caliber basketball team. We need more pieces with these two guys. I wish I was as confident as some of you on here.

LeBron wants it to happen and once he goes first Wade will follow because he will see the opportunity. The cap is not the issue it is made out to be. The early predictions are massively conservative because of the current economic climate and that is another reason why LeBron and Wade end up at NY.

The dollar and new faces that would be brought to the sport with the exposure these two can get in NY outweighs any want to push through a stringent salary cap that is unneccessary.

smokes

Huge Member
Is your sig suppose to say Lebron and Wade 2010? Cus Kobe and Wade is not exactly a Knicks fans wet dream...