Would This Get It Done?

I for one am a huge fan of Donnie Walsh and think he has done wonders for this franchise setting them up to be in a good position for 2010. I firmly believe that the Donnie will find a way to get rid of Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries. Since this is my post lets jus assume that they do indeed get rid of those two players. Do you believe that the following team could lure Lebron James to NY and if it does better yet win a championship. Say the cap is lowered to around 50 mil so we can only go after one player.

We sign Sessions with our MLE this year and bring back Lee for about 8 mil.

Sessions/Chandler/LBJ/Hill/Lee with the Rooster and Tony Douglas coming off the bench. If Lebron signs maybe a player like Al Harrington being from NY signs with the MLE to be our 6th man. I feel like this could be a very competetive team. Would love your opinions.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
What about this year? We have a full year to go before thinking about 2010 no??? F**king hell, how can you look to 2010. KNICKS 2009, I WANT THEM TO WIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How many threads do we need on this subject?

i firmly believe we need 7 threads on this topic.

What do you mean we need to look into 2009, when Mike D and Donnie Walsh have both been saying since the beginning it is about 2010. Read every newspaper where they are quoted on saying they will not strap themselves financially going into next offseason. We have virtually the same exact roster as last year, but add Jordan Hill and Darko. We are not winning a championship next year so why not look into the future. Next year will be about developing players like Chandler, Danilo. and Hill and at best hope that they improve enough to entice a Lebron or Wade.

nyk_nyk

All Star
i firmly believe we need 7 threads on this topic.

What do you mean we need to look into 2009, when Mike D and Donnie Walsh have both been saying since the beginning it is about 2010. Read every newspaper where they are quoted on saying they will not strap themselves financially going into next offseason. We have virtually the same exact roster as last year, but add Jordan Hill and Darko. We are not winning a championship next year so why not look into the future. Next year will be about developing players like Chandler, Danilo. and Hill and at best hope that they improve enough to entice a Lebron or Wade.

Well said.

:agreed:

I'm not sure Walsh will be able to get rid of Curry and Jeffries. But, to answer your original post, a lot is going to depend on the development of Gallinari and Hill and Chandler and probably someone else. It looks like they'll be able to resign Lee. I like Harrington as a 6th man. I think it's enough if the young guys develop and stay healthy. If Gallinari gets hurt again, and Chandler stays status quo, then NO.