Summer League Game 2

Tony Douglas: Houston we have found our future PG. Just kidding, but TD looks great out there, maybe he can be our next PG. Iam sure he will split time with Duhon this year. I was suprised to see how good of a passer he is, I thought thats what he couldnt do. H e found everybody on the floor, he can break down the D. His shot has not fallen so far, but that being his so called "strength" I am not gonna worry. Love what I see so far. Great defender too.

Jordan Hill:No doubt about it the kid WANTS to win, and WANTS to hustle. He may have not looked like the most polished players, but lets be real he is not going to come in and be an all star his first year. He is a project, but nothing like a thabeet project. The kid has a nice outside jump shot which impressed me. He just needs to learn how to finish better, make better decisions down low, and beef up a bit. But compare his attitude vs our former team of Marbury, ZBO, Eddy McFlurry etc. He will be fine.

Morris Almond: This kid can be great, this kid can be terrible. I know its summer league and people need to shoot a lot to impress the coaches to make the team. He had a few bad shots I questioned. When he is open he does not miss a shot, a real natural shooter. That enables him to drive, and he had some nice drives. Not the best ball handler, but he needs to realize hes not the best players the world has seen, he needs to shoot when he is open; not making his mind up before he even gets the ball. I saw him in the corner a few times, looked frustrated that he didnt get a few of TD's passes, IF YOU CAN SLAP SOME SENSE, CHARACTER, AND a TEAM FIRST ATTITUDE HE WILL BE GREAT. but thats if.....

thats all I got.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Tony Douglas: Houston we have found our future PG. Just kidding, but TD looks great out there, maybe he can be our next PG. Iam sure he will split time with Duhon this year. I was suprised to see how good of a passer he is, I thought thats what he couldnt do. H e found everybody on the floor, he can break down the D. His shot has not fallen so far, but that being his so called "strength" I am not gonna worry. Love what I see so far. Great defender too.

Jordan Hill:No doubt about it the kid WANTS to win, and WANTS to hustle. He may have not looked like the most polished players, but lets be real he is not going to come in and be an all star his first year. He is a project, but nothing like a thabeet project. The kid has a nice outside jump shot which impressed me. He just needs to learn how to finish better, make better decisions down low, and beef up a bit. But compare his attitude vs our former team of Marbury, ZBO, Eddy McFlurry etc. He will be fine.

Morris Almond: This kid can be great, this kid can be terrible. I know its summer league and people need to shoot a lot to impress the coaches to make the team. He had a few bad shots I questioned. When he is open he does not miss a shot, a real natural shooter. That enables him to drive, and he had some nice drives. Not the best ball handler, but he needs to realize hes not the best players the world has seen, he needs to shoot when he is open; not making his mind up before he even gets the ball. I saw him in the corner a few times, looked frustrated that he didnt get a few of TD's passes, IF YOU CAN SLAP SOME SENSE, CHARACTER, AND a TEAM FIRST ATTITUDE HE WILL BE GREAT. but thats if.....

thats all I got.

How did The big euro Tskit look? I hear he is looking pretty good. Do you think he could make then end of the bench?

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
How did The big euro Tskit look? I hear he is looking pretty good. Do you think he could make then end of the bench?

He is showing a lot of range so far and defending the interior very well. I think he has a good chance make an nba team this season, but the Knicks only have 1 spot available. I hope is us but think he will end up somewhere else.

Donnie Walsh, in his 3rd quarter interview, basically said that he was very psyched to have gotten Almond who will be invited to training camp. He realizes that a big need for the Knicks is a shooter. They just want to make sure he can defend and show other qualities in addition to being a shooter.

Depending on what happens with Nate and Lee and/or trade, the Knicks may have more than 1 open spot. I would assume one of the bigs from the Summer League team will/can stick. Tskit looks pretty good (nice touch and can shoot 3's and played some interior "D") but might just be a Darko or Gallo. A thin perimeter playing 7 footer. Definitely fits the system though, from what I've seen. He's been the best of the "bigs" from what I've seen.

Joe Crawford has also looked pretty good and Walsh said he's been impressed. I'm sure he'll get an invite to camp.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks still have the poorest coaching-staff in the NBA.....Austin Daye is the 6.11 SF that we expected Gallo to be, he has an inside/outside offensive IQ talent that can switch off to the PF position in the running game like Wilson Chandler does.

The 6.11 Daye & 6.8 Summers confused the Knick coaches on switching and dominating the SF & PF position on both sides of the court (the two players are decent but together they are great), the two players are the Pistons SLT Starters & Finishers. Reminding me of the chemistry tandem of Chicago rookie Deng & Nocioni and the Knicks bigman headcoach Mark Aquire rookies Frye & Lee.

The Knicks summer league team got beat at the SF position in both games b/c we dont have a SF (Gallo) or Center to play 20 minutes alongside of Douglas & Hill as Starters and Finishers.

I will repeat it again, "our Knick coaches are bums" b/c they have yet to let Jordan Hill perform at the SF position for 6 minutes in either game. Or let Douglas perform at the SG position for 6 minutes with Ahearn at the PG.

Why was G/F-Ron Howard DNP for the Piston game when his defense shut down Memphis Arthur, Young, and Williams in the 3rd qtr. for a Knick 10 point lead? Aker is 0-13 in both games and Carter is just a slashing Dominique Willkins with dreads (no IQ of the defensive passing lane).

Important Notice
D.League players Crawford & Almond was suppose to prepare very hard in the D.League for their last-chance to make it into the NBA by being healthy and NBA-Ready to out perform over half the prospects in the Summer League Games.
Their performance, guidance, and team leadership with the Knicks fresh college players are not worth signing or given any more playingtime in the SLG.

In training camp Almond will make Larry Hughes look like a Super-Star.