Gallinari Ready To Be Face Of Knicks

jpz17

Starter
Gallinari Ready To Be Face Of Knicks
Jul 21, 2009 4:45 PM EST

[IMG-LEFT]http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg[/img-left] Danilo Gallinari has told the New York Post that he is ready to become one of the faces of the Knicks.
"I'm up for that," Gallinari told The Post. "I think it's an honor for me and Will [Chandler] to have this responsibility, so we will work together to be as [good] as we can.
"I know [it's pressure], but it's what I like, because champions come out under pressure. If you are not responding under pressure, you're just a mediocre player, and I don't want to be a mediocre player, I want to be a champion. I want the pressure. Great players need that pressure."
Gallinari and Chandler will be the cornerstones of the Knicks next season if David Lee and Nate Robinson are both allowed to leave as free agents.
"We're just ready for the future, ready to be a contender in the NBA, ready to win," added Chandler. "If we do better next year, I think [stars like James or Wade] will definitely want to come to New York. We live in a great city, the best city supposedly. If we're winning, I think they'll come."
Via New York Post
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60715/20090721/gallinari_ready_to_be_face_of_knicks/#

Gallinari says he will be a great player. Maybe he will do like Wilson Chandler and have a breakout year. That would be nice to have a guy who can contribute 10-15 ppg besides the normal few

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha i cant get into this , what is he going to say , im going to be a bad player, and i dont want to lead this time that drafted me in the lottery.

haha.

next thread. ,

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I don't see him being the face of the NY Knicks. Specially if he doesn't put up good numbers this year, which will be the case.

When he starts putting up nowitski-type stats, then he will be the face of this team. But by that time lebron or wade will be here...

nyk_nyk

All Star
hahaha i cant get into this , what is he going to say , im going to be a bad player, and i dont want to lead this time that drafted me in the lottery.

haha.

next thread. ,

Lolololol! How is this news???

Thank you. I only commented just to agree with you. NEXT THREAD PLEASE.
:teeth:

JayJ44

Starter
If you're not interested in the thread topic, don't respond. No reason to be a dick about it.

Anyway, there's no reason to believe that Gallo won't be our leading scorer next season. He's been a pro since he was 15, and he'll get a lot of opportunities in this offense.

nyk_nyk

All Star
If you're not interested in the thread topic, don't respond. No reason to be a dick about it.

Anyway, there's no reason to believe that Gallo won't be our leading scorer next season. He's been a pro since he was 15, and he'll get a lot of opportunities in this offense.

What???

There's plenty of reasons to believe Gallo won't be our leading scorer.

1. His back could act up again
2. Hasn't played enough NBA ball to assume a drastic improvement
3. He may may not even start
4. Chandler and Harrington have a better chance at being the leading scorer
5. Being a pro since 15 overseas doesn't mean you can kill in the NBA
6. Other guys will get a lot of opportunities as well

Just listed quite a few reasons. He doesn't have to be the leading scorer, just efficient.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
HAHAHAHAHA! :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Gallo's going to throw it down on people, now. He's going to take people off the dribble and not lose the ball. He's going to grow wings and fly to the rim, like Nintendo's Mario.

Truth is that Gallinari is a project, who, if he doesn't play within his means: spot up shooting, asking for help on D, will
be a huge bust.
Mario-Hoops-3-on-3-5.jpg
Pringles.jpg

jpz17

Starter
The face that Gallinari is a project means he will get better over time. Gallinari was a long-term investment like Andrew B

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
The face that Gallinari is a project means he will get better over time. Gallinari was a long-term investment like Andrew B
Bynum is a huge bust: 15 mill a year for a guy that didn't do shit in the playoffs. SMH @ the bynumsexuals.