Apparantly Knicks want to move a contract before they sign Sessions?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Sessions And The Clippers: The L.A. Clippers seem to be the frontrunners for Ramon Sessions this week, although that could change. It does seem that Sessions is trapped in restricted free agent hell as both the Knicks and Clippers would do a deal, however there is still a belief that Milwaukee will match a deal less than $4 million and neither team seems ready to do a four- or five-year deal with Sessions over $4 million.

Bucks' sources said last week Sessions was an asset with considerable value both to the Bucks and around the league and unless a team made it prohibitive, the plan was to seriously consider matching his deal regardless of its dollar amount or length.

The Knicks were reportedly close to a deal roughly 10 days ago, but were haggling over ways to avoid dipping into their 2010 cap space. The Knicks have also been trying to move a contract – assumed to be Jared Jefferies according to league sources.

The Washington Wizards have more than a passing interest in Jefferies, but would want additional compensation for taking on his additional contract year. It's believed the Wizards would want cash as well as Jefferies and the Knicks don't seem overly interested in that deal yet. Sources in New York describe the situation this way – if they can move a contract they'd meet Sessions asking price. If they cannot, they may pass on Sessions all together.

This is from Hoopsworld. Apparently we might have to rid ourselves of Jeffries before getting Sessions. Thoughts?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The Washington Wizards have more than a passing interest in Jefferies, but would want additional compensation for taking on his additional contract year. It's believed the Wizards would want cash as well as Jefferies and the Knicks don't seem overly interested in that deal yet.

If the Wizards just want cash in addition to Jeffries then what's holding this deal up? I don't think giving cash this year is an issue for the Knicks and getting rid of Jeffries without having to use Mobley's contract is a huge bonus for us.

Donnie should jump at the chance to rid ourselves of Jeffries without having to use additional assets. Mobley's contract can then be used to trade Curry. Plus, signing Sessions would not be an issue.

What's the problem here?

mafra

Legend
If the Wizards just want cash in addition to Jeffries then what's holding this deal up? I don't think giving cash this year is an issue for the Knicks and getting rid of Jeffries without having to use Mobley's contract is a huge bonus for us.

Donnie should jump at the chance to rid ourselves of Jeffries without having to use additional assets. Mobley's contract can then be used to trade Curry. Plus, signing Sessions would not be an issue.

What's the problem here?

Why does Walsh care about Dolan's money anyway? The Knicks burned money this entire decade.... What's so big about a few hundred thousand now, or a couple mil?

BOTTOM LINE: we have ZERO PGs on the roster for 2010. Having Sessions instead of Jeffries on the roster next year makes it that much more attractive for a guy like Lebron, no?

ESPECIALLY since we hope to sign a Bosh or something.

This is really odd. I'll reserve judgement until something goes down.... But if someone is willing to take Jeffries off our hands, and rid ourselves of that 2010 contract.... DO IT.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Extra cash being the problem? Donnie Walsh can't possibly care about giving the Wizards some extra money if it means getting Jeffries' contract off the books. At least, I hope he isn't that dumb.

Scribbles

Rotation player
The cash isn't the problem. Surely Donnie an't that dumb...

What's a few mill vs. paying for Jeffries contract + less cap space for 2010...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It has to be Jeffries.

Much the same cash as what Sessions would be signed for.

Washington seem to think he fits their squad with what he can (or I think doesn't) bring. They could well be asking for Mobley's insured contract to help lighten the load of paying Gilbert, Butler and Jamison.??

Donnie is as frugal as it gets and again, is trying to lull the best result at the lowest possible cost.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Why/Does Washington really want/need Jefferies

I guess on one hand Washington knows what they are getting from Jefferies and they would be getting him for the exact same price they were willing to pay him before he left, but I do not really get the interest.

The Wizards were going to match the MLE offer but Jefferies asked them not to (a tactic that was encouraged by former Knicks Pres. of Basketball Ops, real smooth Zeke!) this pissed off managment big time, so why would they want him back?

Truth Be Told, Jefferies hasnt really gotten any worst since becoming a Knick, he is just not the player Isiah made him out to be. But with the additon of Mike Miller (who likely plays the SF) where would Jefferies fit?

In terms of record, The Wizards have not been as good a team since Jefferies left, but we all know that has more to do with Gilbert being hurt than anything.

But if Donnie is only asking for Mike James in return, then from Washington's perspective, Why not? James is a seldom used player who was only acquired to supplement (on a much smaller scale) the loss of Areanas, with Gilbert back why not trade him for a player they have had in the past and played well for them?

I keep trying to ask myself if I was a Wizards fan would I like this move and to be honest I would be luke warm on it and that is where I think The Wizards management is too.