AI to the Bobcats. Felton to the Knicks?

Donnie needs to first find a way to trade JJ's contract, and get us a center to back up Darko when Curry is gone. Then when he has the money, make a run at Sessions for a 5 mil/5 year deal. If Sessions declines (which is highly unlikely) then Felton would be the best point guard on the market IMO. So Sessions is a priority, Felton would be our back up plan... Any objections???

tiger0330

Legend
How good is Felton?Didn't see him much, but it sounds like it could be a solid pickup.
I think he is one of the top PGs available in FA this year. Not a bad playmaker, can create his own shot, he thinks he is a better shooter than he actually is but when he's on, he's unstoppable. He's a bit of a ball hog which Larry Brown hates and I think DJ is slated for the starting job next year because of it. The Bobcats have every reason now not to match an offer to Felton now that they have Iverson especially if AI signs a multi-year deal.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxqE3Mw_IZI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxqE3Mw_IZI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think felton is better than sessions honestly. I feel that Augistin coming in , playing for a bad team, switching of coaches, lacking a legitmate big man to feed, and being relegated to a team that not allot of media heads pay attention to has lowered his status, but he is better than duhon, and is stil young. I mean he lead UNC to a national title, and has been a 14-7-1.5 player since he came into the league. I feel he would be a great fit in this system he has top tier speed, and he is an elite athlete for a pg as far as strength and speed combined goes. 1.5 stls avg is a plus same as nate, but doesnt turn the ball over much. Shooting percentage can stand to improve, but there were no other reliable scorers in charlotte which lead him to have to take bad shots at the end of possessions often. being coached even for a year by Larry Brown is always a plus, in a sense he shared minutes with augistine last year and his numbers did not decline. I could see him being a legitimate starter to go along with the Lebron types as far as his ability to get into the paint and create. Overall he is proven to put up numbers and has the ability to control the floor as well as any pg in the league not named kidd, nash, paul, d will, or rose. He is very durable logging around 37 mins per game his career and missing only 5 games over 4 year span including playing all last season. He is going into his 5th season which means he is in his prime and has the experience to now understand the league and how to prepare for each game. HAs the ability to be an elite defender, posting season highs in steals of 7 and posted 10 defensive rebounds against the Lakers front court. In many games in which his shooting percentage is low he gets to the line a good amount of time and makes most of his foul shots, therefore showing maturity in that when his shot isnt falling he chooses to attack the basket, Charlotte lacking significant scorers in the post and perimeter did not exemplify this ability therefore resulting in a lack of assists over the years. On the knicks he may boost his assists up 2 more a game and he will get more chances to get open mid ranged jumpers ( another one of his strengths)

If he came to the knicks I predict averages of 16 ppg 9 assists 1.5 stls and 3.5 rebounds.

not bad considering he is only 25 years old.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
word....Felton > Sessions....have much more faith in Raymond delivering and w/ a nice combo of potential to improve in our system...have wanted Felton for a while -- lock us up at PG and be a sweet ingredient as we remove the dildos Isiah placed in the Knick's franchise and build up a contender that can attract stars.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
lmaooo dam u guys are dumb

raymond felton shoots 39% for his career, that makes him legally retarded

no wonder why charlotte has sucked all these years

N8 @ pg is light years ahead of this baboon

sometimes i wonder about this site

the portable man

Benchwarmer
word....Felton > Sessions....have much more faith in Raymond delivering and w/ a nice combo of potential to improve in our system...have wanted Felton for a while -- lock us up at PG and be a sweet ingredient as we remove the dildos Isiah placed in the Knick's franchise and build up a contender that can attract stars.

the ingredient would be cancer

toney douglas playing in flip flops would shit on felton any day

iSaYughh

Starter
Yes, b/c Nate is the "perfect PG", right? The "complete package", as you like to say? :teeth:

The only thing Nate is perfect at is being short enough so when he gives you yer nightly bj he can stand and you don't have to dirty your mother's pillowcase for him to kneel.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
<!-- Insert Player Info Here --> 2008-09 Statistics

<dl id="prastats"><dt>PPG 14.2</dt><dt>RPG 3.80 </dt><dt>APG 6.7</dt><dt class="pralast">EFF + 15.35</dt></dl>
act_raymond_felton.jpg

Born: Jun 26, 1984
Height: 6-1 / 1,85
Weight: 198 lbs. / 89,8 kg.
College: North Carolina
Years Pro: 4

I'd definitely be down with a Felton signing. He's got the tools for high level output and success. So far I think he's underachieved in the NBA only showing flashes of brilliance.

He's in his final contract year at $5.5m. He can mix it with the best when in tune on offense and defense. Gambles a little on D, but still forces results.

When compared to Sessions, I'd say that Sessions advantages are height (3 inches) & ability to penetrate and dish. I'm sure it goes beyond that, but I only have highlights to go by with Sessions.

Both can turn it right up when they're in the zone.

Can't say one is better than the other though. Felton had the better stats last season and is highly durable. Sessions has more potential to be an all-star and top 5 pg IMO.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
<table class="tborder" id="post99767" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(7, 71, 136);" id="td_post_99767" class="alt1">lmaooo dam u guys are dumb

raymond felton shoots 39% for his career, that makes him legally retarded

no wonder why charlotte has sucked all these years

N8 @ pg is light years ahead of this baboon

sometimes i wonder about this site
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table id="post99767" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_99767" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(7, 71, 136);"><!-- / message -->
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(7, 71, 136) rgb(7, 71, 136); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;">
user_online.gif
<script type="text/javascript"> vbrep_register("99767")</script> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(7, 71, 136) rgb(7, 71, 136) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> <!-- controls --> </td></tr></tbody></table>

He's not a ****ing point guard though is he. Downer. Sometimes I wonder about this corky.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Hmmm...I just realized that Char. has no low post scoring, making that trade for Tyson Chandler all the more perplexing! They have Nazr Mohamed, Diop and Chandler.

Anyways.....why not a sign and trade for Felton? Jared Jefferies is a Larry Brown type player, I would give up Hill (there is their future frontcourt scorer) and Jefferies in a sign and trade for Felton. Charlotte gives Felton a one year 7.5 million dollar extension and then they send him to us.

We would lose a young player in Hill, but would upgrade our backcourt while moving Jefferies off the books. 1 step back 2 forward

Felton would auditon for a year, if he looks good we re-sign him without an impact on our cap next year, if not he helped us shave cap.

them giving up felton will not happen why because felton is a pg AI will start at sg
dj and felton are their pg
theyll have henderson raja bell and AI at the 2
that means either henderson or bell will be leaving
henderson is a rookie and is cheap so its not him
bell has an expiring contract so hell be easier to ship off and will also provide more cap relief to charlotte so they can sign AI
this means it will be bell being shipped out

which is a perfect fit for NY bell fits great in this system as he did in pheonix and we need a starting sg
work out a deal with jj and mobley for bell and a throw in
jj gives them more flexibility behind diaw and chandler as a versatile defensive big and mobley gives them the cap flexibility to get their scoring sg
then we can pick up sessions

they look like
felton augustin
AI henderson
wallace
diaw
chandler jeffries

we look like
sessions duhon douglas
bell hughes ?nate?
chandler gallo harrington
?lee? hill
darko curry

i think then that we should find a way to get rid of curry and i would include chandler

i really think darko will be a very solid center in this system and may find himself here in the future
dano sessions douglas lee bell are all nice pieces for stars to play with

New New York

Quiet Storm
them giving up felton will not happen why because felton is a pg AI will start at sg

I think they love Felton's game, but his camp is asking for more than the Qualifying offer to re-sign. Charlotte wont (doesnt have the money to) spend on a player at a position that they already have an equally good player at.

My trade of would have them spending the money, but filling a need (low post scoring) and giving them a "Larry Brown type player" in Jefferies at the same time.

I think they would need a backup PG, but could easily get a player like Mardy Collins for a 2nd rounder.

It must also be noted that AI is not officially a Bobcat yet, it just seems as if there is "extreme interest" on both sides.

But if my trade went down here is how it would look

Augistine/Collins (just because he is who first came to mind as a backup PG)
AI/Bell
Wallace/Diaw
Hill/Jefferies
Chandler/Diop/Nazr

A true Larry Brown type team...I mean aside from a rookie starting.

That trade would free up 9 million in cap for us next year! 17.8 million would be our total team salary. Lets say the cap is set at 55 million we would now have enough to get us two Max FA's

Last edited:

the portable man

Benchwarmer
dead @ felton being a hard worker

ye ironically he works hard cuz he sux

every shot he makes looks like the end of an immense struggle, its pathetic

hes like a pg version of jerome james

if anyone on the knicks listened to most of these trade threads,we'd have the worst team ever right now

tiger0330

Legend
Props to Donnie for not reaching and signing Sessions to the MLE deal he wanted. Sessions has not panned out for Minnie or Cleveland so Donnie was was on the money in not signing the guy and signing Felton is also making him look real good.

DFDH post on Felton was right on, Ray-Ray must have been on a few of his fantasy teams because he knew his numbers like the back of his hand.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
<!-- Insert Player Info Here --> 2008-09 Statistics

<dl id="prastats"><dt>PPG 14.2</dt><dt>RPG 3.80 </dt><dt>APG 6.7</dt><dt class="pralast">EFF + 15.35</dt></dl>
act_raymond_felton.jpg

Born: Jun 26, 1984
Height: 6-1 / 1,85
Weight: 198 lbs. / 89,8 kg.
College: North Carolina
Years Pro: 4

I'd definitely be down with a Felton signing. He's got the tools for high level output and success. So far I think he's underachieved in the NBA only showing flashes of brilliance.

He's in his final contract year at $5.5m. He can mix it with the best when in tune on offense and defense. Gambles a little on D, but still forces results.

When compared to Sessions, I'd say that Sessions advantages are height (3 inches) & ability to penetrate and dish. I'm sure it goes beyond that, but I only have highlights to go by with Sessions.

Both can turn it right up when they're in the zone.

Can't say one is better than the other though. Felton had the better stats last season and is highly durable. Sessions has more potential to be an all-star and top 5 pg IMO.

WTF!!?

How is Felton wearing a Knick jersey in my post from August 2009!?