Starting Line Up?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Im just wondering who are starting line up would be. We have quite a few front court players in Hill, Lee, Harrington, Darko, Chandler, Gallo and even Curry. Im interested in who Mike D will start with. Will he opt for A 7ft center in darko? will D-Lee (if signed) play the 4? Theres various combinations but personally id go with Gallo, Harrington and Lee in the front court with Chandler and Sessions (if we ever get him) in the backcourt. Another option could be Gallo at the 2 and Chandler at the 3 or even 4 with Harrington playing SF.

What do you think would be our best starting line up? Include players who you think could be a possibility to sign for us...

Im just wondering who are starting line up would be. We have quite a few front court players in Hill, Lee, Harrington, Darko, Chandler, Gallo and even Curry. Im interested in who Mike D will start with. Will he opt for A 7ft center in darko? will D-Lee (if signed) play the 4? Theres various combinations but personally id go with Gallo, Harrington and Lee in the front court with Chandler and Sessions (if we ever get him) in the backcourt. Another option could be Gallo at the 2 and Chandler at the 3 or even 4 with Harrington playing SF.

What do you think would be our best starting line up? Include players who you think could be a possibility to sign for us...

If we sign Sessions

Sessions
Hughes
Chandler
Lee
Curry (need his value to go up so they can trade him)

If they blow the Sessions situation

Duhon
Hughes
Chandler
Lee
Curry

I expect Robinson and Lee to eventually sign. I hope Hughes doesnt play much, but he did average 27 minutes as a Knick last year. I would start Gallo over Hughes, but I expect Hughes to start to begin the year.

New New York

Quiet Storm
So many options

Lee,Chandler and Duhon (by default) are only for sure starters, our lineup can vary between few possibilities

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Lee
Curry

Bench
6th Galo
7th Nate
8th Hughes
9th Hill
10th Darko

or very easily can be

Duhon
Huges
Chandler
Harrington
Lee

or even....

Duhon
Hughes
Chandler
Lee
Curry
(most balanced w/ players all playing their natural positions)

and even yet...

Duhon
Chandler
Galo
Lee
Curry

The first lineup I listed is the most likely and the one I would most prefer, although I really do not like Wilson at the SG too much. You could also replace Curry w/ Darko in any of those scenerios. Jared Jefferies could be a starter or a bench warmer.

Case in point our lineup is a complete mystery.

hey man putting it out on paper, although we arent a great squad, I have to admit we have a deep ass team man. I mean our whole bench consists of guys who could start on other teams in this league.

Paul1355

All Star
If we sign Sessions

Sessions
Hughes
Chandler
Lee
Curry (need his value to go up so they can trade him)

If they blow the Sessions situation

Duhon
Hughes
Chandler
Lee
Curry

I expect Robinson and Lee to eventually sign. I hope Hughes doesnt play much, but he did average 27 minutes as a Knick last year. I would start Gallo over Hughes, but I expect Hughes to start to begin the year.

Your forgetting Al Harrington who will definietly be in the starting lineup either as a Small forward with Lee at the powerforward spot or with Al starting at PF.

ANU

Starter
start of the season
duhon
chandler
harrington
lee
curry

after all star break

duhon
chandler
gallinari
curry
milicic

CoolClyde

NYK krap lineup

Duhon / N8 / Douglas
Chandler / Hughes
Harrington / Gallo
Lee / Jefferies / Hill
Darky / Curry

Rooks will be 3rd string. Gallo may start over Al, prob not.
Darko starts over Curry, he's had more minutes in past year,
but then again, who hasn't... your mom? Jefferies may start
at center, only because our current lineup sucks serious butt.

Walsh working hard on Sessions, Lee and N8
his perseverance could change everything!

walshatwork.gif

Paul1355

All Star
Duhon/Nate/Douglas

Chandler/Hughes/Nate or Almond

Harrington or Chandler/Gallo

Lee/Harrington or Hill/Jeffries

Darko/Lee or Curry

Thats the depth chart but I think the best lineup, if Lee plays, would be this....

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Lee
Darko

Reasons:

Duhon and Nate will keep battling over this spot but the fact is that Duhon was over used last year and should come back and be more consistent this year....He proved to be a good passer and decent floor general for a guy with low expectations so expect him to be the starting PG again.

Chandler ahas improved his offensive game with a long range shot that came very slowly and with him having some horrible field goal percentages last year from beyond the arc...fact is that he is a big athletic Guard type forward and with all of our forwards, Chandler should be our starting 2 man. He can drive the ball, shoots better, and can play defense against other good guards.

Depending on if Lee plays will depend on were Al harrington plays...If Lee stays then Al is our starting small forward because he has a good outside shot and Lee is better in the post with bigger guys due to his rebounding ability and the fact that Lee can also play Center at times, but I'd rather him at PF.

Lee SHOULD start at powerforward because Lee has trouble defending Centers in the NBA. Lee still put up good rebounding numbers while always being dominated by taller players so him at the 4 spot will make him improve offensively and defensively and let him pick up even more rebounds....He is a perfect PF, not so perfect Center.

This is were debate comes in....I feel Darko Millicic needs to impress and will impress Mike D this year...he has to if he wants to ever see decent money again. Mike D and Donnie Walsh have been begging for height which cost us many games last year due to players driving to the psot at will against us. With a 7 foot guy in Darko who can run the floor and block a shot a game, teams will feel even a little bit of doubt driving against us. Darko and Lee in the front court is a huge improvement from Harrington and Lee last year. Curry can take that spot if he is the Curry from 2 years ago but Curry is the biggest question mark this year for our team. You have to expect Curry to be a backup for now.

Paul1355

All Star
start of the season
duhon
chandler
harrington
lee
curry

after all star break

duhon
chandler
gallinari
curry
milicic

Curry at PF????

I know he lost alot of weight and that lineup is very tall which i love but Curry is a Center and will always be a Center unless we get hit with injuries in our front court.

Centers have low stamina and having Darko and Curry switching on and off will make us have tall energetic Centers instead of not playing any of our PF's in a possible Lee, Harrington, and Hill.

ANU

Starter
all curry can do is score.his defense has, and always will suck.darko's game does not conflict with curry's offensively or defensively.lol.its just the line up i hope we get.

hill would get minutes at c if they pass out.

and I'm assuming or hoping lee, harrington, and jeffires get dealt.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Duhon (if no Sessions)
Chandler
Gallo
Lee
Darko

6th man: Harrington
rest of rotation : N8, Curry, Hughes

The rooks will be benched if Lee and N8 sign. If they don't sign they take their spots in the rotation. As for :barf:Jeffries, he may see some minutes just to give him some trade value if thats possible.

Being an optimistic Knick fan our future doesn't long like a dead end anymore. I like our chances of making the playoffs if Gallo and Chandler don't have any set backs. and Darko or Curry have to avg. around 15pts and 9boards.
Is this asking for to much?

New New York

Quiet Storm
hey man putting it out on paper, although we arent a great squad, I have to admit we have a deep ass team man. I mean our whole bench consists of guys who could start on other teams in this league.

I agree! I mean if Mike Dantoni can get the most out of this team like Nate McMillian has done with Portland we could get about 40 wins.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Duhon/Nate/Douglas

Chandler/Hughes/Nate or Almond

Harrington or Chandler/Gallo

Lee/Harrington or Hill/Jeffries

Darko/Lee or Curry

Thats the depth chart but I think the best lineup, if Lee plays, would be this....

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Lee
Darko

Reasons:

Duhon and Nate will keep battling over this spot but the fact is that Duhon was over used last year and should come back and be more consistent this year....He proved to be a good passer and decent floor general for a guy with low expectations so expect him to be the starting PG again.

Chandler ahas improved his offensive game with a long range shot that came very slowly and with him having some horrible field goal percentages last year from beyond the arc...fact is that he is a big athletic Guard type forward and with all of our forwards, Chandler should be our starting 2 man. He can drive the ball, shoots better, and can play defense against other good guards.

Depending on if Lee plays will depend on were Al harrington plays...If Lee stays then Al is our starting small forward because he has a good outside shot and Lee is better in the post with bigger guys due to his rebounding ability and the fact that Lee can also play Center at times, but I'd rather him at PF.

Lee SHOULD start at powerforward because Lee has trouble defending Centers in the NBA. Lee still put up good rebounding numbers while always being dominated by taller players so him at the 4 spot will make him improve offensively and defensively and let him pick up even more rebounds....He is a perfect PF, not so perfect Center.

This is were debate comes in....I feel Darko Millicic needs to impress and will impress Mike D this year...he has to if he wants to ever see decent money again. Mike D and Donnie Walsh have been begging for height which cost us many games last year due to players driving to the psot at will against us. With a 7 foot guy in Darko who can run the floor and block a shot a game, teams will feel even a little bit of doubt driving against us. Darko and Lee in the front court is a huge improvement from Harrington and Lee last year. Curry can take that spot if he is the Curry from 2 years ago but Curry is the biggest question mark this year for our team. You have to expect Curry to be a backup for now.
Agree with everything you said EXCEPT describing Lee as the perfect PF. Lee is far from being a "perfect" PF. First of all there is no such thing as a perfect player so thats giving way too much credit. Until Lee learns how to defend as good as he rebounds, he'll always be simply a good rebounding player. The closest players to "perfect" at the PF position right now are KG and Timmy. Lee is light years behind them.

Paul1355

All Star
Agree with everything you said EXCEPT describing Lee as the perfect PF. Lee is far from being a "perfect" PF. First of all there is no such thing as a perfect player so thats giving way too much credit. Until Lee learns how to defend as good as he rebounds, he'll always be simply a good rebounding player. The closest players to "perfect" at the PF position right now are KG and Timmy. Lee is light years behind them.

Saying perfect was my mistake because Lee is a very raw and sometimes a horrible defender. You have to remember he did play Center all year last year so if you think about him always playing Power forward, against smaller players, and with the help of a big man in Darko or Curry, then Lee should improve in every category.

He is an all star if he can play PF with the help of a big man.