Ouch we are ranked the third wost team in The NBA

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/powerrankings/08/17/offseason.rankings/index.html

Beating out only Sac. and Memphis!

Ok maybe I am being really nieve but I just cant buy that! This team is better than the team Isiah coached his first year and that team was like the 19th best team in the league. True a lot of teams got better, but those were all teams that were better than us anyways

I think we are for sure better team than a Vince-less New Jersey,Golden State and their 5 gaurd lineups!, OKC,Minny and Char. minus Emeka.

We can make a case for being better than Indy,LAC and Mil.

I guess I should not read too much into this ranking considering it has Philly (minus Andre Miller) better than Mia (w/ D-Wade) and Chicago minus Ben Gordon better than both of them! Not to mention Dallas better than Denver (which if the Bulls high ranking is based off of their playoff run against a beat up Boston club, then by that logic Denver should be a top 5 team!)

JayJ44

Starter
I have a feeling most of these so-called experts didn't even a watch one of our games last year. They just see the Knicks, and automatically think we suck. That's why I don't read much into these type of things.

With the David Lee and Ramon Sessions situations still very much in the air, we don't know exactly where the Knicks sit in the Eastern Conference lower-archy. But even if both end up in New York, this team is still well short of playoff caliber.
call me crazy, but i disagree.

yeah we are in the bottom portion of the top 20 in the league.
1) Lakers
2) Magic
3) Cavs
4) Celtics
5) Spurs
6) Blazers
7) Nuggets
8) Mavs
9) Hornets
10) Jazz
11) Hawks
12) Heat
13) Suns
14) Bulls
15) Pistons
16) Wizards
17)Raptors
19)76rs
20) Knicks
21) Pacers
22) Bobcats
23) Warriors
24) Bucks
25) Nets
26) Memphis
27) Thunder
28) T wolves
29)Clippers
30) Kings

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That's bullshit!!!

I'd put us at 20-21 easily.

Everyone's bumming Washington for a big year.

For the top 7 seeds in the east, I'll go with the following:

1 Orlando
2 Boston
3 Washington
4 Miami
5 Atlanta
6 Washington
7 Detroit

Leaving our main obstacle teams as

Philly
Detroit (debatable at 7)
Chicago
Indiana

For the 8th seed. The 2 main concerns being Chicago & Philly. The main factor about each of these 4 teams when compared to NY, is that they ALL have stars/ go to guys.

Philly..Iguodala and even Young who showed his poise in the playoffs v Orlando.

Detroit.. Gordon and Prince..Don't forget Rip

Indiana.. Granger

Chicago.. Rose. And Deng's back this year as well.

We're gonna need a big year out of Chandler, Harrington and Gallo as go to players when someone has to pull us out of a pressure situation. We were basically void of it last year. So many -5pt losses.

Sessions is a must IMO. That and a Curry + Jeffries trade. Obviously...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
That's bullshit!!!

I'd put us at 20-21 easily.

Everyone's bumming Washington for a big year.

For the top 7 seeds in the east, I'll go with the following:

1 Orlando
2 Boston
3 Washington
4 Miami
5 Atlanta
6 Washington
7 Detroit

Leaving our main obstacle teams as

Philly
Detroit (debatable at 7)
Chicago
Indiana

For the 8th seed. The 2 main concerns being Chicago & Philly. The main factor about each of these 4 teams when compared to NY, is that they ALL have stars/ go to guys.

Philly..Iguodala and even Young who showed his poise in the playoffs v Orlando.

Detroit.. Gordon and Prince..Don't forget Rip

Indiana.. Granger

Chicago.. Rose. And Deng's back this year as well.

We're gonna need a big year out of Chandler, Harrington and Gallo as go to players when someone has to pull us out of a pressure situation. We were basically void of it last year. So many -5pt losses.

Sessions is a must IMO. That and a Curry + Jeffries trade. Obviously...

Wheres Cleveland?

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I really think we're a playoff team this year. Maybe 6-8th seed. A back-up to Duhon (Toney Douglas), bigger line-up (Jordan Hill, ready-to-go Eddy Curry, Darko Milicic), healthy Danilo Gallinari, looking great Wilson Chandler, and probable Ramon Sessions. We're good to go.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
plus a lot of players on our team are playing for contracts. Al Harrington, Chris Duhon, Hughes, Lee, Robinson etc.... All them guys will be playing really hard if they want BIG MONEY in the future because this is their last year as Knicks.

by the way, if Lee and Robinson signs for 1 year this season and becomes unrestricted next year (2010), don't we get to offer them whatever amount we can (so others cannot match) and NOT BE COUNTED ON OUR SALARY CAP? Maybe I read wrong, but if true, Lebron + Lee + Nate + Wilson + Superstar # 2 (maybe Bosh), could be deadly LOL!!!!!!!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ok people, back to reality. We are not a playoff team this year...yet. Not as currently constructed. We don't have Lee, Nate or Sessions....yet. I don't think we'll get Sessions. Donnie doesn't want to spend any money.

If we get Lee and Nate back as 1 year rentals, are we really much better than last year's team? Are Darko Millicic and Gallo going to give us 8-10 more wins? I don't think so. Especially since most of the league has made moves to improve.

1. Orlando
2. Cleveland
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Miami
6. Chicago
7. Washington
8. Toronto
9. Detroit
10. Philly
11. Charlotte
12. Indiana
13. New Jersey
14. New York
15. Milwaukee

dan1608

Benchwarmer
We might be able to do better this year, with a smart Curry + Jeffries trade and an improvement in the Knicks defense.

An Eddy Curry + Jeffries could be used as an oppurtunity to improve the team's defensive standing.

The Knicks are better than Kings, Clippers, Thunder, Wizards, Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Warriors and the Nets. So they should at least rank #22 on any list.

robert56

Benchwarmer
Just because the team is ranked near the bottom doesn't mean anything at the beginning of the season, it is where the team is at at the end of the season that matters. Only way to go from here is up!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok people, back to reality. We are not a playoff team this year...yet. Not as currently constructed. We don't have Lee, Nate or Sessions....yet. I don't think we'll get Sessions. Donnie doesn't want to spend any money.

If we get Lee and Nate back as 1 year rentals, are we really much better than last year's team? Are Darko Millicic and Gallo going to give us 8-10 more wins? I don't think so. Especially since most of the league has made moves to improve.

1. Orlando
2. Cleveland
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Miami
6. Chicago
7. Washington
8. Toronto
9. Detroit
10. Philly
11. Charlotte
12. Indiana
13. New Jersey
14. New York
15. Milwaukee

Ok anyone with a half a brain knows it would take one of the best coaching displays in the world for Mike Dantoni to make us a playoff team!

With that said, you pointed out the improvements other teams made this off season, but there is potential for real improvement with our current roster

1. Wilson Chandler's game should continue to get better this year

2. Galo should be ready to play a major role this season

3. Curry should be in the best shape of his NBA career

4. Mike Dantoni is returning as coach with no major roster shakeups

Ok, these four factors should mean that we are a better team than last year, I see us winning 5 more games this year but still not a playoff team. Not to mention this is Lee's most important year as a Pro, he should be ballin hard, maybe he even shows some D in the interest in earning a large contract in the summer. And Larry Hughes should be better this year for that same reason too!

And I'm not too convinced that New Jersey, Indy, and Char. are better than us And Philly's lost of Andre Miller is like Detroit losing Chauncy Billups they are a team that could easily be lottery bound next season!

1.Clev.
2.Boston
3.Orl (not too con-Vinced, get it?)
4. Washington
5. Atlanta
6.Mia
7.Det
8.Chi
9.Tor
10.Philly
11.KNICKS!
12.Char.
13.Mil
14.Indy
15.NJ

bfab99

Benchwarmer
We're playoff bound this year (6-8th seed). Just play SMARTER this year. We played many HALF-ASSED games last year and lost DUMB ONES. The one in Portland when Jeffries didn't foul when he should've and Roy got the buzzer win, was stupid. The two Al Harrington hang on the rim losses were stupid. Losing to the Thunder with them having 16 game losing streak was stupid. The lost to the Kings (worst team last year, this year, and year after this) in MSG was stupid. Man.... I can recall 5-8 games that were stupid that WE SHOULD'VE WON. We don't make playoffs this year, Lebron aint even gonna look at our team. We don't have a lottery pick too, so we can't be a lottery team. This is dumb. Go KNICKS! PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!