Knicks Sign PG Gabe Pruitt

nyk_nyk

All Star
Wasn't impressed with him in Bos. Whatever. Why sign him when guys like Arroyo and Tinsley are much better?

dan1608

Benchwarmer
Pruitt was never put in a game for a good amount of minutes, so he still needs to prove himself, because he was back up under Rajon Rondo. I have a feeling this is short term. It makes sense financially, considering it's only short term, plus Pruitt doesn't carry a high price tag as a young, free agent.
This year, he will play behind Chris Duhon. Which leave Pruitt with around 10 minutes a game. But, if he's signed into next year, he might be the team's main PG.

nykway24

Rookie
i doubt he'll make it to next year, which leaves the question of who is going to be the knicks main pg next year, toney douglus??

Jmeyreles

Rookie
Instead of signg Pruitt we should've tried to get Mike Taylor or Carlos Arroyo. Which are 2 guys that we know how they play. Pruitt on a good day played at most 5 minutes.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Its just part of Pre Season, every year we sign a player like this, look for Morris Almound and/or D. Nichols to join the squad as well.

Playing for Boston is worth something, but I doubt he makes the team.

I would want to see what Tinsley can offer, or even a player like Dan Dikou

But Matt Barnes was a pickup similar to this in 2005 and he went on to be our starting SF on opening night....of course he was cut 3 games later, but thats just the NBA

Paul1355

All Star
Pruitt never got playing time in Boston and was said to have alot of upside out of college so hopefully he can be a good replacement for Nate after this year.

Donnie is just filling in the roster for training camp. But Pruitt can actually get some decent playing time if Duhon gets hit with an injury.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
i doubt he'll make it to next year, which leaves the question of who is going to be the knicks main pg next year, toney douglus??

I guess that's the plan, having Tony Douglas as our PG next year. There aren't any decent PGs available next year except Rondo and I would hate to have Rondo on the Knicks. I think Donnie and D'Antoni were "all in" for Stephen Curry. Now they don't know what to do.

We can't afford to retain Duhon's Bird rights or Nate's (if we sign him) or Lee's (if we sign him) or Harrington's, or Darko's without eating into the precious 2010 cap. After signing a max free agent we will only have enough left over to sign 1 more player. Who will that player be? Lee? Duhon? Harrington? Someone else?

And then that only leaves us with 8 players (Jeffries, Curry, Douglas, Hill, Gallo, Chandler, max-contract and 1 other player) and only the mid-level exception to sign 5 players.

I was fully supporting the 2010 plan in the beginning but after seeing the projected cap, understanding Bird rights and realizing Curry and Jeffries are untradeable I'm having my doubts about how successful this plan can be. Donnie needs to start exploring other options (wish he had and then we would have Sessions).

2010 lineup (if Jeffries and Curry aren't traded)

PG-Douglas
SG-???
SF-Lebron/Chandler/Gallo
PF-Lee
C-Hill

w/ Jeffries and Curry off the bench.

paris401

Starter
I guess that's the plan, having Tony Douglas as our PG next year. There aren't any decent PGs available next year except Rondo and I would hate to have Rondo on the Knicks. I think Donnie and D'Antoni were "all in" for Stephen Curry. Now they don't know what to do.

We can't afford to retain Duhon's Bird rights or Nate's (if we sign him) or Lee's (if we sign him) or Harrington's, or Darko's without eating into the precious 2010 cap. After signing a max free agent we will only have enough left over to sign 1 more player. Who will that player be? Lee? Duhon? Harrington? Someone else?

And then that only leaves us with 8 players (Jeffries, Curry, Douglas, Hill, Gallo, Chandler, max-contract and 1 other player) and only the mid-level exception to sign 5 players.

I was fully supporting the 2010 plan in the beginning but after seeing the projected cap, understanding Bird rights and realizing Curry and Jeffries are untradeable I'm having my doubts about how successful this plan can be. Donnie needs to start exploring other options (wish he had and then we would have Sessions).

2010 lineup (if Jeffries and Curry aren't traded)

PG-Douglas
SG-???
SF-Lebron/Chandler/Gallo
PF-Lee
C-Hill

w/ Jeffries and Curry off the bench.

so with the 'expected' leftovers for next year, we expect to sign lebron or wade??? i hope that our gm has a plan, cause so far he has impressed me about as much as our 2 prev gm;s... mormon and moron...