Lee for Boozer for real this time?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think if the Knicks could do a sign and trade with Utah for Boozer and they can add Jeffries contract into the mix to make up the salary difference; then I am all for it!! That only helps our cap situation for next season, Boozer is a better defender than Lee, so I view this (if it happens) as a win - win situation for the Knicks.
I have a feeling that Utah wants Lee and an expiring contract as well for Boozer and Walsh is playing hard ball too force Utah's hand in taking a contract like Jeffries back.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Alan Hahn reports on his Twitter page that a source says a rumored deal involving David Lee and Carlos Boozer is "not happening" and that the Knicks do not view Lee as a single-season rental.

Lee is expected to sign a one-year contract with the Knicks before training camp opens at the end of this month. The team will then plan to sign Lee to a long-term contract after the 2009-2010 season.

Earlier, Ric Bucher reported that the Jazz is looking to acquire Lee by working out a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.

"The Jazz have great interest in Lee and are still looking to move Carlos Boozer," Bucher said. "There would have to be other pieces involved, but with Boozer's contract expiring, that would make sense for both sides."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61628/20090916/knicks_plan_to_retain_lee_after_coming_season/

It's bullsh*t. Hahn makes another good point, why would Utah want to help us out? They own our lottery pick next year.

Question, if Walsh intends on signing Lee long term next year and he wants to bring Lebron here, won't we have a serious logjam at the forward position? Lebron would probably play the 4 in D'Antoni's system, which would leave Lee on the bench (unless he still plays C). If Lebron plays the 3, that leaves Chandler and Gallo on the bench.

Plus, who plays PG and SG? We won't be able to afford Lee, Lebron and Duhon. Is Douglas really the starter next year?

Has anyone else thought of this? Where does Lebron fit on this team? Maybe we should go after a good PG, SG and C with the cap room in 2010 instead of a max-contract player.

So many questions and doubts.

It's bullsh*t. Hahn makes another good point, why would Utah want to help us out? They own our lottery pick next year.

Question, if Walsh intends on signing Lee long term next year and he wants to bring Lebron here, won't we have a serious logjam at the forward position? Lebron would probably play the 4 in D'Antoni's system, which would leave Lee on the bench (unless he still plays C). If Lebron plays the 3, that leaves Chandler and Gallo on the bench.

Plus, who plays PG and SG? We won't be able to afford Lee, Lebron and Duhon. Is Douglas really the starter next year?

Has anyone else thought of this? Where does Lebron fit on this team? Maybe we should go after a good PG, SG and C with the cap room in 2010 instead of a max-contract player.

LJ

you answered your own question at the very moment you stated " Lebron would probably play the 4 in D'Antoni's system". If Lebron can play the 4 then gallo could probably play the 2 or the 1 in D'Antoni's system.
No one who can shoot the rock handle the rock dunk the rock pass the rock and run the floor will be sitting down. Mike D would start Lebron at the 1 Gallo at the 2 Chandler at the 3 Lee at the 4 and Amare at the 5 in 2010 if he had it his way which he very well might.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Hahaha... Lebron fits anywhere he wants on the Knicks. You do make a good point about the forward spot though. Lebron plays the same position as two of our most promising young players. Either A) One of them gets traded for a different position player or B) Dantoni makes them play out of position. I could definitely see Dantoni playing Lebron at the 2 for long stretches.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
LJ

you answered your own question at the very moment you stated " Lebron would probably play the 4 in D'Antoni's system". If Lebron can play the 4 then gallo could probably play the 2 or the 1 in D'Antoni's system.
No one who can shoot the rock handle the rock dunk the rock pass the rock and run the floor will be sitting down. Mike D would start Lebron at the 1 Gallo at the 2 Chandler at the 3 Lee at the 4 and Amare at the 5 in 2010 if he had it his way which he very well might.

PG - Lebron
SG - Gallo
SF - Chandler
PF - Lee
C - Amare

Umm. I don't think that lineup works. Plus, if we sign Lee and Lebron there won't be enough cap space to sign Amare.

Most likely the lineup would be:

PG-Douglas
SG-Chandler
SF-Gallo
PF-Lebron
C-Lee

w/ Hill, Jeffries and Curry off the bench. That's it. We can't afford any more players. An 8 man roster.

Do you see? The math and the rotations don't work. I'm sure Donnie realizes this. To have a comlpete team, maybe we shouldn't go after a max-contract in 2010 and just get multiple good players. Then go after a max-contract when Jeffries' and Curry's contracts expire.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
LJ

I would love to see LeBron at the 1. I have always said that he reminds me of Magic Johnson and LJ could to the Knicks what Magic was for LA. If Gallo can show his long range shooting consistantly that he would be a perfect 2/3 player in Mike D's system. I'm not sure how good he could defend his position, especially in the half court game but it would be interesting to see. If Mike D and Walsh could manage to get King James and either Amare or Bosh to the Knicks while retaining Lee, Chandler and Robinson then he would have 6-7 players that could play multiple positions which would give Mike D the flexibility to put any combo of these guys on the court at any time. Could potentially be a nightmare for the opposing coaching staff to prep for a game. Let's explore the possibilities:

Scenario 1
5 - Amare or Bosh
4 - Lee
3 - James
2 - Chandler
1 - Duhon

Scenario 2
5 - Amare or Bosh
4 - Lee
3 - Chandler
2 - Gallo
1 - James

Scenario 3
5 - Lee
4 - Amare or Bosh
3 - Gallo
2 - Robinson
1 - James

Scenario 4
5 - Amare or Bosh
4 - Gallo
3 - Harrington
2 - Chandler
1 - Labron

I mean the possibilities are endless!

You could go small and fast
5 - Lee
4 - Labron
3 - Chandler
2 - Robinson
1 - Duhon

All Shooters
5 -Amare or Bosh
4 - Gallo
3 - Harrington
2 - James
1 - Duhon

All Defense:
5 - Sene
4 - Amare or Bosh
3 - Lee
2 - Chandler
1 - James

Kiyaman

Legend
Lebron would have Dantoni Fired after the first season.
Shaq did it in just a half a season.

Lebron will remain a "Point-Foward" throughout his NBA career....as a PF in an uptempo system he would have to bumb-bodies with some of the hard hitting centers that presence force a halfcourt game like: Howard, Oden, Blake, Nene, Horford, Zaza, Dalembert, Haslem, Bynum, Haywood, Perkins, Big Baby, and Varegao.

Some people imagination can go off the hook about Lebron and Kobe, untill they shake the hands of a couple of centers and PF in the league.
I recall Rodman grabing Jordan out of the air and slamming him down on the court in a playoff game to assure Detroits a series win. And years later people wondered why Jordan and coach Jackson wanted Rodman on the Chicago Bulls.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Lebron would have Dantoni Fired after the first season.
Shaq did it in just a half a season.

Lebron will remain a "Point-Foward" throughout his NBA career....as a PF in an uptempo system he would have to bumb-bodies with some of the hard hitting centers that presence force a halfcourt game like: Howard, Oden, Blake, Nene, Horford, Zaza, Dalembert, Haslem, Bynum, Haywood, Perkins, Big Baby, and Varegao.

Some people imagination can go off the hook about Lebron and Kobe, untill they shake the hands of a couple of centers and PF in the league.
I recall Rodman grabing Jordan out of the air and slamming him down on the court in a playoff game to assure Detroits a series win. And years later people wondered why Jordan and coach Jackson wanted Rodman on the Chicago Bulls.

Shaq didn't get D'Antoni fired. He resigned because of Steve Kerr's piss-poor management. Lebron loves D'Antoni after playing for him and playing his style in the Olympics.

Lebron as a PF in D'Antoni's system would work well. A better version of Marion who played the PF in Phoenix. Marion = 6'7" 230lbs., Lebron = 6'8" 250lbs., David Lee (who you love so much and think should be our PF) = 6'9" 240lbs.

And D'Antoni plays guys in multiple positions so he could still be a point-forward.