The writtings on the wall:David Lee is a Goner!

New New York

Quiet Storm
David Lee has conceded to the fact that he is not going to get a multi year offer from another team. He and his agent have agreed to accept a one year deal from NY at the price Donnie offered a multi year deal at

So why arent things moving?

Simple, Donnie Walsh is in serious discussions with someone, who, I have no idea? My theory it is a dark horse team (not Port. or Utah who have been linked to trade rumors), my guess is maybe Chicago.

Now the deal may not end up happening, David could be a Knick come two weeks from now. But there is a deal being discussed, trust that!

Reason I say a "dark horse team" is because Walsh's trades so far had not been rumored to happening before they took place. Look at four of Walsh's five trades, only the Darko Q-Rich deal was reported before it happened, the other four came out of nowhere. I say this because some of might think because we are not hearing any rumblings in the medis then nothing is happening.

My theory is, a lack of news about David Lee in fact means something is happening! With training camp scheduled to open in now less than two weeks, it wouldnt make sense for this process to be drawn out as long if it did not need to be.

You may say "well it is just as quiet on the Nate Robinson front", my answer to that is I think the trade will either include a combo guard, thus Donnie waiting to see how it plays out before signing Nate, or it could be a deal involving both Lee and Nate! Either scenerio explains why Nate's situation is taking so long too!

I honestly love the Lee for Blake and Outlaw trade if they throw in Bayless or a first rounder next year (although Outlaw would represent our 3rd starter worthy SF). Look if Duhon looked great running the Point, Blake would look almost All Star worthy doing it.

I think we could package sign Lee at a multiyear deal for 8 million package him and Jefferies to Sac. for Shareef's and Kenny Thomas' contract.

Anyways, just know that David is being shopped as we speak

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Why does everyone think Blake is an upgrade over Duhon? I would hate that Lee for Blake, Outlaw and Bayless trade. We would be trading a starter for 3 backups in my opinion.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why does everyone think Blake is an upgrade over Duhon? I would hate that Lee for Blake, Outlaw and Bayless trade. We would be trading a starter for 3 backups in my opinion.

I agree although Bayless can be special in Dantoni's system. I rather get Rudy somehow some way.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
David Lee has conceded to the fact that he is not going to get a multi year offer from another team. He and his agent have agreed to accept a one year deal from NY at the price Donnie offered a multi year deal at

So why arent things moving?

Simple, Donnie Walsh is in serious discussions with someone, who, I have no idea? My theory it is a dark horse team (not Port. or Utah who have been linked to trade rumors), my guess is maybe Chicago.

Now the deal may not end up happening, David could be a Knick come two weeks from now. But there is a deal being discussed, trust that!

Reason I say a "dark horse team" is because Walsh's trades so far had not been rumored to happening before they took place. Look at four of Walsh's five trades, only the Darko Q-Rich deal was reported before it happened, the other four came out of nowhere. I say this because some of might think because we are not hearing any rumblings in the medis then nothing is happening.

My theory is, a lack of news about David Lee in fact means something is happening! With training camp scheduled to open in now less than two weeks, it wouldnt make sense for this process to be drawn out as long if it did not need to be.

You may say "well it is just as quiet on the Nate Robinson front", my answer to that is I think the trade will either include a combo guard, thus Donnie waiting to see how it plays out before signing Nate, or it could be a deal involving both Lee and Nate! Either scenerio explains why Nate's situation is taking so long too!

I honestly love the Lee for Blake and Outlaw trade if they throw in Bayless or a first rounder next year (although Outlaw would represent our 3rd starter worthy SF). Look if Duhon looked great running the Point, Blake would look almost All Star worthy doing it.

I think we could package sign Lee at a multiyear deal for 8 million package him and Jefferies to Sac. for Shareef's and Kenny Thomas' contract.

Anyways, just know that David is being shopped as we speak

I disagree about trading Lee for Blake Outlaw. I am in the same camp with Walsh on this one; no ticky no shirty!!! Fernandez for Lee is the trade here the other guys are throw in players... Outlaw is an athletic forward but he is one of these "tweener" guys; whereas he is in between a 3 and a 4. Not a great defender, not a great shooter... Young, Athletic, quick... Could have a role in Mike D's system.... Not a prime piece in a trade for Lee and neither is Blake.

Utah is interested in Lee, that is not a secret but from what I understand they will not take back a contract that goes beyond this season; even if it is 1 year. I also believe they want a pick (not a lottery).

If Walsh can stand his ground, I would pull the trigger on Lee, Curry and a #1 for Boozer. You loose a # 1 but you get 40 mil off the books for this off season to make 2 offers and resign Boozer!!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Lee and the Delay

I do not beleive that there are any sign and trades out there that Walsh will accept. Bartlestein might be talking, but he is talking to himself. He has overplayed his hand from the beginning. In this economy or otherwise, Lee was not going to get $10M to $12M a year on a long term contract from anyone.

I believe the hold-up is Bartlestein's insistence on a one year contract for too much. Although Walsh, for the sake of good will, is willing to go substantially over the player option amount -- which is about $2.3M for Lee -- I doubt he wants to pay the $10M or more that Bartlestein and Lee are likely "demanding."

Lee and Nate will sign eventually.

New New York

Quiet Storm

one Starter for 3 backups sounds like a fair deal to me! Plus Bayless would likely become the starting SG for us, the kid is basically Stephon Curry. Blake has started more frequently in his career than Duhon so it is not my opinon but rather the opinion of NBA coaches, but considering we do not have a backup PG this trade.

CoolClyde

Dlee Dlay

I do not beleive that there are any sign and trades out there that Walsh will accept. Bartlestein might be talking, but he is talking to himself. He has overplayed his hand from the beginning. In this economy or otherwise, Lee was not going to get $10M to $12M a year on a long term contract from anyone.

I believe the hold-up is Bartlestein's insistence on a one year contract for too much. Although Walsh, for the sake of good will, is willing to go substantially over the player option amount -- which is about $2.3M for Lee -- I doubt he wants to pay the $10M or more that Bartlestein and Lee are likely "demanding."

Lee and Nate will sign eventually.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Kiyaman

Legend
Whatever whatever.....Walsh have to pull off something big before training-camp or this will be his second offseason in a row with his thumb up his butt

This hold-up on signing "complimentary-players" Nate & Lee when both players already publically committed themselves to the Knick team (Nate in early July, and Lee at the end of August), may force Walsh to trade Lee & Nate to make it look like he was doing something this offseason besides jerking off.
The big problem is whomever Walsh gets for Lee or Nate better produce like Lee or Nate b/c complimentary-players produce on any team even the Knicks.

hold up, Walsh did get rid of the worst Knick ever "Q.Richardson" this offseason.....but so did two other teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lee vs Boozer in a Knick uniform interesting

Lee vs Boozer
nailbite.gif
nailbite.gif
pray.gif
pray.gif
without any stats

Knick-Fans really need to think and revalue this one over.....Utah Jazz gets our first round draft pick.
The Boozer for Lee trade would also give Utah Jazz our best rebounder, our best passing bigman, and our best bigman hustler that can score off of any broken-play. And when u look at the chemistry Lee have with his Knick teammates u have to admit his complimentary performance has improve alot of his teammates performance.
Also remember David Lee was only given the "Green-Light" in only one season out of his four Knick seasons.
Without David Lee this season Utah Jazz will be blessed with a low lottery pick from Donnie Walsh.

What are all the things that Boozer have to offer the Knicks? not enough to compare with David Lee, especially if his injury (and attitude toward teammates) is not 100% healed. It look to much like a Mcdess all over again.

I will admitt once upon a time, I did want Boozer as our starting PF 2 to 4 years ago instead of Davis, Mo Taylor, Malik, Frye, and Zach.
The Curry & Boozer inside game as starters would've been powerful with David Lee coming off the bench to back-up either for 30 mpg.

To all Dantoni-Fans:
The Bigmen (PF/C) peremeter game played-out for any team that dont have an "Olyjuwan, Shaq, Duncan, or Howard" as their CENTER of attention....ask 6 Championship Rings PF-Horry, or the Cavs Big-Z being stepped on big time by Shaq this season.

smokes

Huge Member
This hold-up on signing "complimentary-players" Nate & Lee when both players already publically committed themselves to the Knick team (Nate in early July, and Lee at the end of August), may force Walsh to trade Lee & Nate to make it look like he was doing something this offseason besides jerking off.

Yeah, they both publicly committed to the Knicks after Lee realized he would NEVER get $10 million+ and after Nate realized the only offer he was getting was from Greece. Then they committed... After months of free agency... yeah.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, they both publicly committed to the Knicks after Lee realized he would NEVER get $10 million+ and after Nate realized the only offer he was getting was from Greece. Then they committed... After months of free agency... yeah.

And................

The entire league knows that Donnie Walsh want something for Nate & Lee.....accept u

whats truly sad, is that we consider Lee our best this and best that haha, if lee is our best anything other than rebounding, then we must be pretty damn bad huh.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
lee seems to be the 'white' version of outlaw... not a great defender, not a great shooter...

Well, true but Lee is a dominating rebounder which Outlaw is not a great rebounder. While Lee and Outlaw are probably at par with their defensive skill set but Lee brings more to the table with his rebounding and his low post presence; which is mediocre at best but Outlaw has none; he just can not post up at all!

Well, true but Lee is a dominating rebounder which Outlaw is not a great rebounder. While Lee and Outlaw are probably at par with their defensive skill set but Lee brings more to the table with his rebounding and his low post presence; which is mediocre at best but Outlaw has none; he just can not post up at all!

Low post presence.

Lee scores on wide open dunks and layups.

Have you ever seen him post up.

its quite the funny picture.

smokes

Huge Member
And................

The entire league knows that Donnie Walsh want something for Nate & Lee.....accept u

No I know it, I just don't think anything is going to force him to do it. You just decided that as another negative slate against Walsh.