I know it is just one practice but.....

New New York

Quiet Storm
Word has it that Gallo is showing signs of why we took him with the 6th pick

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/sports/basketball/30knicks.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

More importantly is that he is showing no signs of the back injury!

Now Gallo blowing by players who will not crack the rotation or even make the team at all isnt anything to get too excited over, but maybe he is the player that ends our streak of wasted lottery picks.

At 21 yrs old a good season from Danillo would be encouraging regardless of how the 2010 off season plays out.

other notes: David Lee is now missing layups with a 7 million dollar contract is unacceptable!

Curry's hurt Hammy has him out of scrimages for a good part of camp, and puts him playing in the Pre Season opener in danger

In Non Knick news- I hear Jerome James has no intentions of retiring and believes he can make an impact this season, thus Chicago will not be able to get the medical retirement cap relief which is why they traded for him.....after as many times as Paxon raped Isiah in trades, I have to give kudos to Donnie for getting us a little payback!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Good news. We need something to be hopeful for. He's one of the only players that will be here next year.

It definitely looks like the starting lineup is going to be:

PG-Duhon
SG-Chandler
SF-Gallo
PF-Harrington
C-Lee

w/ Nate and Jeffries first off the bench.

I have no idea how D'Antoni intends on getting this group into the top 15 in defense. Should be fun to watch offensively though.

Bad news for Curry. There is no way we are going to trade him before the deadline, which sucks.

With all of our players in 1 year contracts and D'Antoni typically playing a short rotation, does anybody think this could cause serious problems both on the court (jacking up lots of shots and not playing team ball to get their stats up for a new contract) and in the locker room (not getting enough playing time and bitching and moaning all the time)?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
now thats what i wanna hear, yes its practice, yes its 1 practice, but also yes this is huge, gallo being healthy and playing without pain at all! is huge for us say what you will but gallo has game, he's money with his shot, and he plays smart all the time, he has what it takes to suceed in this league and my guess is he will. he's going to be a cornerstone for 2010 and beyond and he and chandler loom large on what happens in 2010 so i want them to play great basketball

and LJ4ptplay, i dunno how D'Antoni plans on doing it but i ope he could, if we could force a few turnovers and allow a little less points thats more % of the game we got the ball which means more points which means more wins, defense creates offense and D'Antoni finally got that point lets see what happens im excited

Toons

is the Bo$$
duhon.........n8
chandler......hughes
gallo...........jefferies
lee.............hill
darko......... curry

*douglas in the front court mix

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
This is great news. I hope Gallo finally shuts up all his skeptics. He is going to be our go to guy this season. I really hope he starts. Can't wait for him to show why we drafted him over the others in the draft. As for Jerome James...I couldn't stop laughing. This guy is done. He should just retire and get on with his life but this puts the Bulls in a bad situation because he doesn't want to. Well you know what Bulls, what comes around goes around...haha

Kiyaman

Legend
Gallo Gallo Gallo Gallo Gallo

Marbury Marbury Marbury Marbury Marbury

Wade Wade Wade Wade Wade

Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe

No teammates are all that thrilled over favorite special treated teammates.....
which is why Kobe had to ask for a trade after teammates treatment of him.
Wade felt it real bad from his teammates the seasons after the Championship.
Marbury gloated over all the special treatment he got on the Wolves, Nets, Suns, and Knicks and look where it got him.
I feel sorry for Gallo b/c Dantoni is putting his name out their way to much, as if he dont have any other teammates. Lucky Gallo is not a quarterback in the NFL I could see his linemen missing a block here and there b/c of the stupid coach mouth.

With Ewing, Starks, and even Sprewell making all the noise in a game it was easy for Allan Houston to score a point here or there to get a quiet 25 to 30 points at the end of the game.
Gallo should tell Dantoni to shut the F....up.

dude your comparing championship teams to a bunch of players who havent even played on an all star team.

no one on the knicks can say a word about Gallo getting attention because they probably all realize he is the best player on the floor when he is out there. you didnt hear any one bitching about nate getting all of the superlatives with the dunk contest, they were their to support.

The one thing I have to say and I love about our knicks, is they all truly appear to root for eachother and care for eachothers success. even in games where we were out of the playoff picture, guys were standing up cheering on the bench players down the stretch. I honestly Think just like when Mike D in phoenix had a few stars and nash got all the credit, you never heard grumbling until Mike D left. the guy is a players coach and he has a way of getting his players to enjoy playing together. If you dont move the ball you sit, there will be no one buy this year, there will be a few scoring 20 here or there just like last year.

one game Chandler
Next game Al
Next game nate
next game Lee

We will be fine, and there was never a problem with the knicks , all the players knew ewing was the man , and when ewing left, spree and houston had great NBA finals great chemistry.

You state WADE.... where is your empirical evidence to support your statement, I dont recall hearing any one bitch out of the girth of stars who never won were handed a ring by the man. ZO loves him, Gary loves him, Walker loves him, Shaq loves him. No one disliked wade, they won together and they get that. Stop it.

now on to the rest of the league.

Kobe ok hes cocky big deal he deserves it

but around the league if your point was that teams dont like a player getting all the attention, I suggest every one dont sip the kool aid.

Dirk
Amare
Nash
Howard
Garnett
Bosh
Paul
Roy
Duncan
Dwill
Drose
Granger
Arenas
Durant
Ming
Anthony

you dont hear any disgruntled players claiming they hate their star player gets so much attention

your a fool

we in new york ask that our team drafts a star for once

Mike D and Walsh Are attempting to do what we ask for and groom Gallo into a budding Star in this league

and all we do as usual knick fan negative nancies is say that if we get a star itwill ruin our chemistry

I GOT AN IDEA KIYA

why dont we relegate ourselves to mediocrity for another decade and never sign a star ever, or develop a star, just in case the rest of our "role " players get pissy that they arent getting the press

dumb.

Paul1355

All Star
Word has it that Gallo is showing signs of why we took him with the 6th pick

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/sports/basketball/30knicks.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

More importantly is that he is showing no signs of the back injury!

Now Gallo blowing by players who will not crack the rotation or even make the team at all isnt anything to get too excited over, but maybe he is the player that ends our streak of wasted lottery picks.

At 21 yrs old a good season from Danillo would be encouraging regardless of how the 2010 off season plays out.

other notes: David Lee is now missing layups with a 7 million dollar contract is unacceptable!

Curry's hurt Hammy has him out of scrimages for a good part of camp, and puts him playing in the Pre Season opener in danger

In Non Knick news- I hear Jerome James has no intentions of retiring and believes he can make an impact this season, thus Chicago will not be able to get the medical retirement cap relief which is why they traded for him.....after as many times as Paxon raped Isiah in trades, I have to give kudos to Donnie for getting us a little payback!
I know Gallo is going to impress everyone this year and have a solid season. Of course he willl show his weaknesses but he will be a big scorer, clutch, and will bring a good IQ to the team.

Hearing Curry being hurt just makes me sad, he loses 30 pounds and now has a hamstring problem? Donnie did say that Eddy still has to get up to pace with the system and running so i guess we can expect the hamstring to blow out due to Mike D's running drills.

If Lee is missing lay ups then he won't see 8 million as another offer again. Lee's main concern is improving his defense which was at a D- to an F last season. Many of the 18 gmaes we lost by 5 or fewer points were due to his poor defense in the post.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
which is why Kobe had to ask for a trade after teammates treatment of him.

What are your sources for this information? Please provide.

Wade felt it real bad from his teammates the seasons after the Championship.

I feel sorry for Gallo b/c Dantoni is putting his name out their way to much, as if he dont have any other teammates. Lucky Gallo is not a quarterback in the NFL I could see his linemen missing a block here and there b/c of the stupid coach mouth.

With Ewing, Starks, and even Sprewell making all the noise in a game it was easy for Allan Houston to score a point here or there to get a quiet 25 to 30 points at the end of the game.
Gallo should tell Dantoni to shut the F....up.

Honestly dude, where do you come up with this stuff? You sound like a very spiteful person. What happened in your life to make you think that everybody is out to get revenge? Most of your posts are filled with spiteful conspiracies.

GetRealistic

Starter

Honestly dude, where do you come up with this stuff? You sound like a very spiteful person. What happened in your life to make you think that everybody is out to get revenge? Most of your posts are filled with spiteful conspiracies.

100% agreed. If nice things aren't said about Kiyas pet players Lee, Robinson, and Chandler he doesn't want to hear about it. The sad part is Lee, Robinson, and Chandler are all nice players but they are side pieces not major pieces on a championship team, while Gallo has all the ability to be a major piece but he refuses to see it. My guess is he's still mad that Gallinari didn't play in summer league.

I wouldn't worry about it though, he tauted Balkman, and Nicholes to be great NBA players and neither have amounted to anything.