N8 Starting to Percolate

CoolClyde

N8 should start. If given minutes, he's more than capable of 20 pts, 5 dimes, 5 rebounds a game,
and I'll take that. To those who say we need a sparkplug off the bench, I think Douglas can be
that guy, along with Hill.

Hughes blows, he cannot get into a groove given limited minutes; I'm happy seeing his DNP,
allowing Douglas more time.

As much as I hate Jefferies, No-D'Antoni will probably start him, although I prefer this lineup,
with Chandler starting at PF.

Duhon/Douglas
N8/Hughes
Chandler/Jefferies/Hill
Harrington/Gallo
Lee/Darko

What a shame we're forced to keep Eddy Curry and Cuttino Mobley on the roster;
Marcus Landry and Joe Crawford are decent players, yet one of them has to go.

Start N8!

the portable man

Benchwarmer
dantoni has been hinting a lot in pregame interviews that nate'll start

if they can keep running those quick perimeter pop-outs and pick & rolls, they should get a lot of good shots

i'd like to see a few isolations and clear-outs for nate as well, he'll almost definately get to the basket

hopefully the motivation from beating the celtics doesnt die out too soon becuz last game was VERY GOOD basketball

richtree

Rotation player
Problem is with the defensive end. Duhon and Nate can't defend. Sure they may get some steals but that would leave us undersized and Hughes can at least defend somewhat.

It doesn't really matter who starts because it will be

Nate, Wilso, Gallanari, Lee, Harrington for the last 4 Minutes of every game.

If we have a Lead Darko or Jefferies will be rotated in for defensive purposes.

Paul1355

All Star
N8 should start. If given minutes, he's more than capable of 20 pts, 5 dimes, 5 rebounds a game,
and I'll take that. To those who say we need a sparkplug off the bench, I think Douglas can be
that guy, along with Hill.

Hughes blows, he cannot get into a groove given limited minutes; I'm happy seeing his DNP,
allowing Douglas more time.

As much as I hate Jefferies, No-D'Antoni will probably start him, although I prefer this lineup,
with Chandler starting at PF.

Duhon/Douglas
N8/Hughes
Chandler/Jefferies/Hill
Harrington/Gallo
Lee/Darko

What a shame we're forced to keep Eddy Curry and Cuttino Mobley on the roster;
Marcus Landry and Joe Crawford are decent players, yet one of them has to go.

Start N8!
WHAT!?!?!?!

How is Cuttino MObley still on the roster?

WHy can't we keep crawford and landry?

SilentJay

Rookie
Mobley should be coming out of the roster in late november (it has to pass a year declared unfit to play for his spot to vanish).
Nate starting brings pros and cons. On the offense he can take the ball off Duhon's hands when he's not producing, which is excellent because Duhon often slips into those times where he just doesn't know what to do the ball. The con would be on the other side of court because we'd have the undersized that could take its toll. In my eyes, the most effective D took place when Doulgas, Nate and Will were playing together. That's why Toney D will definitely take a bunch of minutes from Duhon. Overall, this team is short of PG, SG and C, which begs to ask the following: after we get the "big FA" (won't speculate on who it could be), we'd still have to fill to spots. It's all pointing that Rondo won't sign and extension and that he's looking for big money...

Paul1355

All Star
Mobley should be coming out of the roster in late november (it has to pass a year declared unfit to play for his spot to vanish).
Nate starting brings pros and cons. On the offense he can take the ball off Duhon's hands when he's not producing, which is excellent because Duhon often slips into those times where he just doesn't know what to do the ball. The con would be on the other side of court because we'd have the undersized that could take its toll. In my eyes, the most effective D took place when Doulgas, Nate and Will were playing together. That's why Toney D will definitely take a bunch of minutes from Duhon. Overall, this team is short of PG, SG and C, which begs to ask the following: after we get the "big FA" (won't speculate on who it could be), we'd still have to fill to spots. It's all pointing that Rondo won't sign and extension and that he's looking for big money...

We should def get Rondo if we can...nice piece to attract FA with.

But for the present....PG is our biggest concern because Douglas looks really good and Duhon is not and he is going to eat his minutes. Duhon has to be more active on offense..plain and simple. He has a good outside shot and has to take it.

Hughes is a problem right now...our most important concern for one player. He has to get it going.

Center should clearly be Darko Millicic. He blocks shots, rebounds, clogs the paint with his size, and makes very good passes which no one expected. having Lee as our center gives us huge a disadvantage on defense. Lee is a bad defender and making him guard Centers just leaves us vulnerable to get dominated in the post.

SilentJay

Rookie
I think it'd be great to get Rondo, but the fact is, if we can't get rid of JJ or Curry's contract we'll only have enough money for one max contract and then about 7 or 8 mil (if my math serves right) for another player. After that we're left with the MLE, bi annual and vets minimum. Then there's the other spots in which we lack, SG, which begs to offer the question: what about Joe Johnson? I don't see him as a big contract (as much as he says he is, he's just not a big money player in my eyes).
If I remember correctly, DW's plan from the beginning was to get LBJ and Bosh, in other words LBJ and a big guy. That's why Amare's in the mix as well. The fact remains: there's a bunch of great players available in 2010 and there's just not enough money as it stands to get more than one.
Losing Curry's contract seems almost impossible at this point, not so much JJ (as long as he remains healthy), which is why DW didn't do much with the offseason.
So money must be spent wisely and with the apropriate thinking, which is: we need to bring players that fill needs in much needed spots.
And giving it even further thought: a guy like Rondo (as good and athletic as he is), how good will he fit in this system considering his poor outside shooting? I would seriously consider, as a second piece (if DW's mind's still not set only in LBJ and Bosh) Joe Johnson and, if his season is decent enough, maybe extending Darko's contract. Just throwing a combination out there. Love to hear others.
It's definitely gonna be an exiting offseason. Nevertheless, we must accept the fact that if this team doesn't play decent ball and have a decent record (by that better than last season's 32 wins) it's gonna be harder to attract the big names if the money's tight.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
rondo sucks u guys are once again out of ur minds

he can't shoot, too typical, got swatted by derrick rose in last year playoffs, sucks against the good PG's in league

no thanks

toney douglas would shit on rondo every time, offense AND defense

if douglas was on celtics now he'd be the next dennis johnson

SilentJay

Rookie
I'm gonna stand strong being Toney D, but I'm alson gonna say that we can't get ahead of ourselves. Just as it is too early too say flat out that Hill is a bust, is way to early to start pointing Douglas as an "excellent PG". He's got good abilities on D, but he has a long way to got before his game reflects court vision on offense and understanding of the NBA style and pace. Douglas and Rose are completely different type of PG IMO. Rose's advantage is that he's got experience on his side, as well recognition by the league.
I really do hope Douglas can get to that point, but no way to tell just yet.