if duhon starts 1st game, i'm literally gonna shit myself no holding back

GetRealistic

Starter
if the starting backcourt on wednesday will not be douglas and robinson, i will:barf:

no holding back

gallo 6th man of the year
wow

Well if i were you i'd prepare to clean up one hell of a mess. I don't know if your knew or something but unless theres a crazy pre game injury there is no chance that lineup you stated plays.

Duhon is probably the safest starter at this point and he should be because Douglas is a roookie... Maybe come January you'd have a point but now, no way.

I could see Nate starting but i doubt it. Do you really want Duhon or Nate guarding Wade to start the game, because with that lineup you'd have that.

The starters will be

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Jefferies
Lee

Not saying it will be our starting lineup all year or even our best unit but thats what its going to be so start getting your baby wipes ready.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Lol agreed, barring some unforseen injury or doing this to D'antoni's wife...

chris_duhon-lap_dance.jpg

Duhon will be starting...
I'll instead shit myself if starting lineup is Douglas, Hughes, Landry, Jeffries and Curry lol. And before anyone jumps down my throat I like Douglas as well, hes just about as unlikely to start as the others (besides Jeffries) I just mentioned because of lack of experience at this point.

SilentJay

Rookie
No chance of Duhon taking the bench. He really has a safe spot and I don't see him taking the seat until late in the season. The combination of Duhon/Nate or Douglas/Nate will be quite frequent, IMO. }
I'd like to see Darko getting more minutes than the ones he got during preseason, taking some away from JJ (not all of them though, he has to be "showcased").
But for me, if Duhon can have the sort of game he had in the last Nets game (excepts for all those TO's), he can definitely help out this team. Of course, I may be asking for too much, but there's nothing wrong with that. I do remember him having a more than a decent first half of season until he got burnt. Now that TD's here, let's hope that doesn't happen.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Having a stellar preseason doesn't mean shit to D'Antoni.

Ask Patrick Ewing Jr.

Ask Stephon Marbury.

Ask Nate Robinson.

I wouldn't shit on myself because duhon proved to me that he can play the point for us for long times to come plus he's real smart and make good de isions can't help it if he's on a mediocore team got to give him some respect.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
i will obliterate my waste completely if douglas DOESNT AT LEAST start against the teams with stronger more built PG's

duhon can hang with chalmers most likely this time but i would honestly have douglas guarding wade most of the game

maybe even put jeffries and gallo on him too

Kiyaman

Legend
i will obliterate my waste completely if douglas DOESNT AT LEAST start against the teams with stronger more built PG's

duhon can hang with chalmers most likely this time but i would honestly have douglas guarding wade most of the game

maybe even put jeffries and gallo on him too

o.k. that sounds much better b/c last season both Duhon & Nate did a poor job defending SG. And rookie Douglas defensive talents look more sharp for the task.
Douglas & Nate add a helluv depth off the bench (I still say we should've traded for a starting SG after watching Larry Hughes mess everything up last season).

Duhon isn't anything special, but he plays the position well enough in terms of shooting, passing, defense, and decision making to fulfill the stopgap role he was signed to. He isn't the long term answer, so he doesn't need to be anything more than he really is.
In his first 51 games last season, he averaged 12.5ppg 3.7rpg 8apg and shot 39.7% on threes and no one was really complaining about him.
When we added Larry Hughes in the rotation.....Duhon automatically went down, Gallo decided it was time for surgery, and Nate started yelling at Dantoni, and all this happen in Larry Hughes 2nd game as a Knick.

KingCharles34

All Star
Duworm is terrible...i cant deal with the fact that this bums gonna be our point guard for another season, its hard to watch him.

mafra

Legend
I just do not comprehend the DW plan? How do you hire coach D'ant and then neglect the PG position? WHat's the point to run D'ant's offense if it has no QB to run it?

DW is going to regret not using Chandler to procur a PG in last year's draft.

Heck, forget about trading up for Flynn, Rubio or Curry.... Why not at least attempt to snag a LAwson or Teague?

Anyway, the irony was last draft was filled with many potential PGs. We had our chip to grab one (Wilson Chandler) but we never pulled the trigger? Then we draft a project the year after we drafted a project?

How does this coincide with the 2010 plan?

I fathom drafting DG, but last year's draft was perplexing. Who exactly do we feel will run the point next year? How will we attract Lebron with no PG this year?

Tell me you wouldn't prefer a Flynn/Rubio/Curry PG with D-Blaire, instead of having Chandler, HIll and Douglas?

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
To be successful this season we need Duhon to play like he did early last season, run the pick and roll and hit open 3s. I don't understand how Walsh thinks this team can be successful running D'Antoni's system when the only real threat from downtown we have is Gallinari. Surround Gallinari with other shooters and he won't have to sit back behind the arc all game.