Knicks: a roster loaded with bench players.

metrocard

Legend
Lee and Gallinari are the only legit starters and Gallinari isn't even proven yet.

Duhon is a back up PG...can't create, is very limited...he is slow footed and his defense gets overrated. He's just a good post defender for a PG...

Hughes is Larry Hughes...washed up old streaky SG who isn't what he use to be.

Harrington is Crawford on steroids.

Chandler has ability, but is low on skill. Has worked on his jumper, but his potential as a jumpshooter seems limited....very STREAKY shooter and doesn't hang around the paint enough....not a Renaldo Balkman type rebounder/defender...and definately isn't Trevor Ariza.

Darko has mad skills, abilities and talent all together. IMO, he wasn't meant to play basketball. Its all mental problems for him. He misses a lot of easy shots (Lay ups, open jumpers, baby hooks...dude is 7"1 missing hooks over 6"8 guys)

Douglas is our best perimeter defender...but thats all I see him bring to the table. He's a shorter Mardy Collins.

Jordan Hill is only good at keeping the bench warm...I never seen a least intense player in my life. He will never make it.

Eddy Curry, LOL.

Jared Jefferies; has as much efficiency as Ryan Bowen.

Robinson is actually a quality bench player, but has no business starting.

We primarily need a PG and a SG.

a creator and an efficient scorer.

mafra

Legend
Too bad we didn't draft Gordon and Henderson. We might have the guard combination you seek.

TunerAddict

Starter
You lie.

We had Eric Gordon, he went right after we took the Italian free-throw clunker. We had Henderson, he went after we selected Hill.

Shit, forgot Henderson is a rookie. For some reason I was thinking he was a 2nd year player :/

And you criticism of Gallo is retarded. He missed a freethrow. He made like 27 of 28 last year.

People miss freethrows. Everyone has.

Eric Gordon is a terrible pick anyway. We already have an undersized SG in Nate Robinson, why invest in a 6'2" shooting guard that can't play defense and isn't athletic enough to overcome it?

Why draft Henderson? A guy that will never be more then a role player?

I didn't like the Hill drafting, I still don't. I wanted Brandon Jennings.

mafra

Legend
I'm not hating on Danillo. Just saying if you are going with a 2 year plan to improve and attract free agents.... you have to draft wisely. GO SAFE.

Gallinari and Hill are projects.

Eric Gordon and Gerald Henderson were safe picks. NBA players with NBA bodies. Maybe Terrence Williams or Lopez were better. Point is, you cannot reach TWICE.

I can live with the Gallinari selection, but it might not work out.

Gordon-Henderson-Lebron-Lee-Bosh could via for a title.

Will we lure Lebron here with this garbage? And, if we do not.... what's the plan?

metrocard

Legend
Lee is a starter but its like when he goes up against good players, he looks like crap. (J'Oneal for example)

Drafting Lopez would of made a huge difference for us.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
You lie.

We had Eric Gordon, he went right after we took the Italian free-throw clunker. We had Henderson, he went after we selected Hill.

You said you not a(Gallo) hater but your statments about him look retarded.
In two games this seasson the guy shoots 500%fg and 538% from 3point. Also he took 34 shoots in his NBA carrer and missed 3 so far. Last year his FG and 3p% were almost identical at 45+%.

Are you mad cuz he missed 2 free throws those two games?

If there are 2 players to keep on this team is Gallo and Lee. Smart players that take small amount of shots and are consistent and effective.

mafra

Legend
You said you not a(Gallo) hater but your statments about him look retarded.
In two games this seasson the guy shoots 500%fg and 538% from 3point. Also he took 34 shoots in his NBA carrer and missed 3 so far. Last year his FG and 3p% were almost identical at 45+%.

Are you mad cuz he missed 2 free throws those two games?

If there are 2 players to keep on this team is Gallo and Lee. Smart players that take small amount of shots and are consistent and effective.

Gallinari and Lee are not good enough offensively to live with their below-average defense. They are not just poor man-2-man defenders, but they are also LOUSY team-help defensive players.

As a #3 option on a good team, Lee is fine (and we hope Danillo is in the future). BUT, if you think Lebron is licking his chops to come play with Danillo and Lee.... wait until reality hits next July.

Lee DISAPPEARS when the game is on the line. Danillo is nothing but a BIG question mark. He missed the game-winner tonight right? And, that 1-2 from the free throw line cost us as well. My issue with Gallinari is he's not going to be ready for another 2-3 years. Until he gets stronger and tougher, we are just force-feeding him b/c our team stinks.

And please.... Stop with this David Lee nonsense. Where was he tonight in OT?

I do agree you keep both these players. BUT, the issue remains: If Walsh fails to recruit Lebron this team is doomed. You aint winning anything with what we have right now. Maybe a player plus Bosh will suffice....]

Still, with that said.... Lee and DG are the only 2 Knicks I think are worth anything (maybe Chandler as a defensive backup guard).

Paul1355

All Star
A question

Lee and Gallinari are the only legit starters and Gallinari isn't even proven yet.

Duhon is a back up PG...can't create, is very limited...he is slow footed and his defense gets overrated. He's just a good post defender for a PG...

Chandler has ability, but is low on skill. Has worked on his jumper, but his potential as a jumpshooter seems limited....very STREAKY shooter and doesn't hang around the paint enough....not a Renaldo Balkman type rebounder/defender...and definately isn't Trevor Ariza.

Darko has mad skills, abilities and talent all together. IMO, he wasn't meant to play basketball. Its all mental problems for him. He misses a lot of easy shots (Lay ups, open jumpers, baby hooks...dude is 7"1 missing hooks over 6"8 guys)

Douglas is our best perimeter defender...but thats all I see him bring to the table. He's a shorter Mardy Collins.

Jordan Hill is only good at keeping the bench warm...I never seen a least intense player in my life. He will never make it.

Eddy Curry, LOL.

disagree on Douglas and Hill.

Douglas has shown signs of impressive offensive ability with making clutch shots against the Nets in the preseason and has a decent jumper for a guy who was only praised for his defense. For 1st round 29th pick I think he will be a steal.

Hill needs more time to develop but he is intense, problem is that he has a low IQ. He is a very aggressive rebounder and in the future will be a big rebounding PF who can block some shots. Can be really good or D+ average...we'll wait and see.

Everything else seems accurate for the most part.

What's your views on how Mike D has handled games 1 and 2?

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer

Eddy Curry, LOL.

I agree completely...The thing is, this has been a team of nothing but bench players, with the exception of Marbury from '04-'06, since probably about 2003. I don't think I can watch another entire season with Do-Do Duhon as our starting PG. I mean what starting PG dribbles the ball off his knee with a clear path to the basket and a chance to win the game? :barf:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i agree almost 100% with metro. lee is basically playing to his ceiling. gallo is starting to pick things up, but his lack of speed is hindering him on defense (you let stephen "no name" grahm score on you gallo??). and i agree completely with you analysis of chandler. if he can learn to play smart and more effiecient, it would help him greatly. right now he just looks lost sometimes

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Lee is a starter but its like when he goes up against good players, he looks like crap. (J'Oneal for example)

Drafting Lopez would of made a huge difference for us.

Lee can't play defense, but he's great on the boards and finishes extremely well around the basket. He's not a star because of his defensive woes, but I think he can start on a championship team. He'd just be the 3rd or 4th best player.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Gallinari is by the best player on this team.

I don't think he's better than Lee yet, but speak to me again in a month or so and I'll probably agree with you.

He has to learn some more, but with that shot, what a freaking weapon he's going to be when we have a star player that draws doubles.

jpz17

Starter
the only true starters they have I believe are Lee Chandler and Harrington. Chandler is even a stretch. We all know this has been a problem. That is why they will sign a big FA like Bosh this off season