Harrington needs to go!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Harrington has got to go!!

I know some on here are fans of his BUT seriously how is the ballhog still on this team? The man simply does'nt know how to play with the team,I honestly think he does'nt care about nobody but his self.He never passes the ball no more and when he has the ball he will take a double team and try to score on them.He has been double teamed since the season has started and they have been players WIDE OPEN for a shot but he won't pass the ball to them.

What really pisses me off is that he is in the game during crunch time and thats when he screws up the most.He wants to be the hero every game and he does'nt do crap EVER.He is taking minutes away from Gallo,Hill,Darko and even Lee and thats not right.Sit the ballhog on the bench and let the other players play that want to win and will play team ball.

Last edited:
I personally believe there is allot of that. WE traded him in order to get rid of jamal, contract situation. now we are stuck with al and really, I only believe that he plays the way he does because of one reason WE SUCK. lol. for real though. I mean the guy has to take some of the shots he takes, if it was dark or hughes, or hill taking the shots we would be ripping on them. We are a losing team, its hard to blame guys. honestly if gallo, harrington, or chandler were role players on a winning championship level team they would be revered. Al harrington didnt become a ball hog loser, until he got traded to the knicks. so
Focus on the team ,
not harrington
because i promise you
he isnt the reason why we are 1-7

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I personally believe there is allot of that. WE traded him in order to get rid of jamal, contract situation. now we are stuck with al and really, I only believe that he plays the way he does because of one reason WE SUCK. lol. for real though. I mean the guy has to take some of the shots he takes, if it was dark or hughes, or hill taking the shots we would be ripping on them. We are a losing team, its hard to blame guys. honestly if gallo, harrington, or chandler were role players on a winning championship level team they would be revered. Al harrington didnt become a ball hog loser, until he got traded to the knicks. so
Focus on the team ,
not harrington
because i promise you
he isnt the reason why we are 1-7

I'm bias because I'm a Harrington fan. Let me just put that out there. Here's my spin. Think of it from his point of view. You think you're the best player on the team but no one knows it. You're not starting and you really think you can help the team win, but the coach only gives you limited minutes. Wouldn't you try to do all of the scoring your time out there? It's not like he'll get more minutes by making passes.

In fairness he has been making some poor decisions but so has the entire team. I'd want my vets out there as much as possible. You can't expect Gallo to do it all this early in his career. He should be heading back to the bench. That will lower expectations and really help him in the long run. 13 off of the bench isn't half bad. 13 starting with 30+ minutes looks like shit.

Well I think in that case you are under estimating Gallo's ability. I mean to tell you the truth, if there wasnt so many veterans on this team playing for money, Gallo would be averaging over 20 ppg in 30 mins. The guys scoring ability is amazing. He should be getting way more than 7 shots like last game. If he took 15 shots last game we probably win. I believe Gallo overall is the best natural scorer on our team, as well as the most fundamentally sound offensive players in all areas out of this years sophmore class.

richtree

Rotation player
I think Harrington is the least of any of the Knicks' problems right now.

I think he and the coaching staff know that he is being alittle bit overly aggressive and maybe not passing as much as he should, but there isn't much help out there.

Chandler is just not fundamentally sound. Next 3 games just watch him on the offensive side of the ball.

Chandler does not cut after he passes the ball. He does not understand angles to get to the basket or for setting up his teammates.

I do think Chandler is a good offensive rebounder but Al Harrington is our only go to option on the floor. He can score outside, inside, and usually beat the big that is covering him to the hoop.

He is only knick that can get to threw throw line.

Douglas is slowly emerging but Al Harrington's "zeal" is a sign how bad he wants to win and become a leader.

I think they can point out that some of his shot aren't the best option when other players are available, but just for once can we hit Chandler cutting to the hole after he gives it up.(Chandler needs to cut).

Here is a question for all you Knick fans. There will be man games where it will come down to the last 3 possessions of the game.

Who do you want to have the ball in their hands?

Hughes?
Gallo? (doesn't create much yet)
Douglas (hasn't proven make big shot)
Harrington?
Chandler (Brick)

CoolClyde

Al's just going thru mental difficulties after being benched by Damntoni SSOL (tm). Harrington's one of the best creators on this team, and the only veteran with a spark. No-D'Antoni should stick with Al as starter, with an eye towards driving instead of shooting when bricks are flying. same with Chandler. Harrington is losing confidence being on losing team, but he's a lot better than Crawful, and I like him as a Knick. Not only that, LeBron respects Al and has said so in interviews, a slim reason for LBJ to be king of NY in 2010...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Harrington

Harrington is the most athletically gifted of all the Knicks -- better than Nate because of his size -- but he makes poor decisions and rarely involves his teammates. Apparently he never fails to see himself as the go-to guy.

Chris Rock was interviewed during the game with the Cavaliers. One comment he made: "If Harrington is your go-to guy, you have a problem." There is some truth in that comment.

CoolClyde

Harrington is the most athletically gifted of all the Knicks -- better than Nate because of his size -- but he makes poor decisions and rarely involves his teammates. Apparently he never fails to see himself as the go-to guy.

Chris Rock was interviewed during the game with the Cavaliers. One comment he made: "If Harrington is your go-to guy, you have a problem." There is some truth in that comment.

Totally:agreed:

the Knicks have no go-to guy. N8?

NYK4Lyfe

Rookie

Chris Rock is right. Harringtons a talented guy but he takes way too many bad shots and it seems like the thought of setting up teammates doesnt even enter his mind.

Paul1355

All Star
I know some on here are fans of his BUT seriously how is the ballhog still on this team? The man simply does'nt know how to play with the team,I honestly think he does'nt care about nobody but his self.He never passes the ball no more and when he has the ball he will take a double team and try to score on them.He has been double teamed since the season has started and they have been players WIDE OPEN for a shot but he won't pass the ball to them.

What really pisses me off is that he is in the game during crunch time and thats when he screws up the most.He wants to be the hero every game and he does'nt do crap EVER.He is taking minutes away from Gallo,Hill,Darko and even Lee and thats not right.Sit the ballhog on the bench and let the other players play that want to win and will play team ball.
Hey he is in his last year of his contract and as CLyde Frazier says, "He tries to hard and does not let the game come to him." If Harrington took a relaxed approach during crunch tmie then he would be as clutch as he was in many games last year but being e captain has ruined his mental apporach a little bit. I feel that Duhon and Harrington are struggling because they are putting too much pressure on themselves as captains on a team that is sucking.

Don't get me wrong i feel Duhon and Harrington should not start but being captains can be a clear example of why they are not the same players as last year, especially Duhon.

It's better to see the young players like Douglas and Gallinari play better because it shows we have a brighter future.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Well I think in that case you are under estimating Gallo's ability. I mean to tell you the truth, if there wasnt so many veterans on this team playing for money, Gallo would be averaging over 20 ppg in 30 mins. The guys scoring ability is amazing. He should be getting way more than 7 shots like last game. If he took 15 shots last game we probably win. I believe Gallo overall is the best natural scorer on our team, as well as the most fundamentally sound offensive players in all areas out of this years sophmore class.

I agree 110% with you about Gallo,I to think may be the future of the Knicks with his shooting.If he would develope a post up game and drive to the basket more then you may be looking at a all star.Thats why I think the Knicks should play the young guys more to get their feet wet in the nba.I have nothing againist Harrington but it seems like he's never on the same page of the team.This season is already done for us now at 1-8 so I think the young players Hill,Douglus,Gallo need more minutes in the game. but thats just me.

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
We can all hope Harrington pulls an AROD and plays for the team and Helps wins an NBA Finals the same way Arod Dominated the MLB Playoffs within the next 2 years. : P I think Harrington wants to play so good here that he trys to hard in NY. I feel bad for him, and don't hate him.

Harrington could be a good player with a Center that could actually play, a Star Scorer and an Above Average Point Guard. He plays with a bunch of scrubs and it rubs off on him, not saying Harrington ain't scrubby himself. But he has a lot of talent.

C ??
PF LEE
SF LJames
SG Gallinari
PG Alston

Bench -
6th Harrington
PG Douglas
SG Hughes or chandler
PF/SF Hill
C Milicic

I'm just seeing what looks good on paper. I'm not 100% knowledgable about the league in it's entirety.

Guys like Lebron and Alston could make Harrington, Douglas, Lee Look awesome. Even if Milicic and Gallinari Develop

Last edited: