Reason you are a Knicks fan ?

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Hey guys here is a thread I found cool and that I imported from nyfanpage.com.
I'm curious about your answers.

Here is my reason:

I fall into my basket frenzy when I was around 10 years old in 93 because of MJ, but then I remember seeing this Knicks team play against the bulls and that sound of "D-fense" coming from the Garden crowd was sick my friends ! It couldn't stop resounding in my soul nights and days. Each player was nasty from Pat to Oak and my fav Mase. We had a TEAM. From then I found my religion. Now wathcing Knicks is a need. Been to the garden 18 times and I'll go again asap.

metrocard

Legend
I'm repping the team that plays for me and my people, NY.
Knicks fan forever...can't understand people who change teams.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Born in Jamica Queens, so I love NY and I love the NBA just as much so naturally The Knicks are my team

Dig this...My parents first date was Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals, they got the seats from a client of my Grandfather. so you can say I was destined to be a Knicks fan.

11/29/1980 -exactly a week after I was born- I attended my first Knick game, I was told the game was against Portland and we won!

1985 was the year I started school and was the same year Pat Ewing became a Knick!

Life Priorities

1.God
2.Wife and kids
3.KNICKS

I with Metro...how do "fans" hop from team to team

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Born in Jersey but everyone hated the Nets when I was a kid. The real reason I loved the Knicks= Patrick Ewing.

I had the shoes. We called them the black E-wings!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Same as the Frenchy. Everyone was bumming Chicago in the late 80s. I watched my first Knicks game when they played Boston in maybe 87? Anyway Ewing destroyed the Celtics and I loved Mark Jackson's style.

Living in Tasmania I waited like a year until I saw the Knicks again on TV but they were my fave for sure. I've traveled to NY twice from Tasmania to the Garden solely to watch the Knicks in both 1996 at age 16 and 2003.

The ticket staff ****ed up my seating arrangements in 96 and when I complained and said I'd travelled like 2000 miles for one game they put me in the club seats 5 rows back. ****ing glorious...

jbalsa2

Rookie
Born and raised in Queens. Father was a Knick fan and naturally I become one. Same goes for the Jets and Mets. What an upsetting trifecta as of late...

Pricey

Rotation player
To be honest i have no idea why i am a Knicks fan.

Im not from NY, i have no affiliation or history that ties me to the team.

I liked the Chicago Bulls cause they were pretty much the only team with the Lakers that ever got on TV over here and when i came to the states in the early 90's as a 12 year old i saw the Bulls vs Knicks in the Eastern Conference Finals, when Starks dunked on Jordan. I saw the passion the Knicks fans had and i had not seen that by another NBA club.
I was in Texas at the time on holiday and everyone was rooting for the Bulls and i asked why, they said cause no one likes New York.
From then on i had no choice, i love to be hated and i love passionate fans.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
first thing i ever watched was a knicks game, fell in love with them as a time. ewing and starks mesmerized me. the teamwork, the passion, the winning, it all was perfect. than my favorite player allan houston came on to the scene. even through all these tough times, it seems like a decade of humiliation, i have always and will always be a new york knicks fan

NYK 2010 baby

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
I'm repping the team that plays for me and my people, NY.
Knicks fan forever...can't understand people who change teams.
I got so pissed when the Nets made the 2003 finals. A lot of people I knew stopped wearing their Sprewell, Ewing, and Houston jerseys and started wearing Kidd jerseys.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Well I turned into a huge Gtown fan when I was eight years old in 82.In 85 when Ewing turned pro I told my dad and mom whoever drafts Ewing they will be my team for life.Thats when I became a Knicks fan!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Born and raised in Queens. Father was a Knick fan and naturally I become one. Same goes for the Jets and Mets. What an upsetting trifecta as of late...

I am right there with you....the good news is that once our teams start winning again we'll feel good for our loyalty