Help with a new editorial, GM of the day!

Blas

Benchwarmer
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you were interested in participating in an article I want to write for the site.

Since we have advice and opinions on how Walsh should handle our team, I think it would be a good idea to write an article on the site about it.

Here is what I am thinking:

If you are interested, please post on this thread on how you will turn this team around. Max three year time frame (this year, 2010, and 2011). Also, it would be good to have reasons with every decision you make along with why it is even possible. I.E. trading/signing for CP3. You do not need a ton of moves. You can have two or three big moves. Try to be realistic.

Deadline is December 18th, 2009.

Please check your grammar and spelling.

I will choose three people at a mix of random and realism. If you you somehow trade/sign and create a team with CP3, John Wall, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, I will probably not choose you.

If you have any suggestions to improve this process please post =).

Post away!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I posted this in another thread but here it is again. I post trade ideas all the time but this one might be the most realistic. And it works in the trade machines.

The only problem I see with these is that Lee and Nate have trade veto clauses in their contracts. They would have to sign off on them in order for them to work. Maybe KOL could pool our money together and send some hired goons to Nate and Lee to "convince" them it is in their "best interest" to accept these trades.

Chandler + Nate + Jeffries to Golden State for Monta Ellis

Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Golden State and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Gives Golden State cap relief and two players to put in their rotation. Heck, they traded Jackson for an injured Bell that won't play a minute for them and Radmanovic. They would surely go for this.

Lee + Curry + Mobley's contract to Hornets for Okafor + Peja Stojakovic

Due to New Orleans and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New Orleans and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Gives New Orleans instant cap relief for two players they want to remove and a young player they may want to resign.

This also leaves the Knicks with talent to attract a max free agent and enough cap relief to sign 1 max free agent.

PG-Ellis
SG-signed with MLE
SF-Gallo
PF-Lebron
C-Okafur

w/ Douglas, Hill and Stojakovic off the bench.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Thanks for posting LJ4ptplay.

Is there anyone else interested? I figure this is a good way to get posters opinions out on the website.

jpz17

Starter
I posted this in another thread but here it is again. I post trade ideas all the time but this one might be the most realistic. And it works in the trade machines.

The only problem I see with these is that Lee and Nate have trade veto clauses in their contracts. They would have to sign off on them in order for them to work. Maybe KOL could pool our money together and send some hired goons to Nate and Lee to "convince" them it is in their "best interest" to accept these trades.

Chandler + Nate + Jeffries to Golden State for Monta Ellis

Due to Golden State and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Gives Golden State cap relief and two players to put in their rotation. Heck, they traded Jackson for an injured Bell that won't play a minute for them and Radmanovic. They would surely go for this.

Lee + Curry + Mobley's contract to Hornets for Okafor + Peja Stojakovic

Due to New Orleans and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New Orleans and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Gives New Orleans instant cap relief for two players they want to remove and a young player they may want to resign.

This also leaves the Knicks with talent to attract a max free agent and enough cap relief to sign 1 max free agent.

PG-Ellis
SG-signed with MLE
SF-Gallo
PF-Lebron
C-Okafur

w/ Douglas, Hill and Stojakovic off the bench.

I can't see NO dealing a guy they just got, and Okafor is trash IMO. Nice other deal though