Knicks talk t-mac again!!!!!

According to tommy dee sources says knicks are talking to Houston about t mac because he had a fall out with the organization I would put the article up but I'm writing from my I touch what ya think about that. I wouldn't mind having iverson and mc grady but to bad we not signing iverson but I'll take mcgrady though.

I could see T mac as being more likely because he can play more off the ball and he fills a need that does not require less minutes for chandler or gallo, he can play the 1 of 4 positions in this offense, as opposed to iverson needs the ball in his hands 90 percent of the game

johnstarky

Rotation player
According to tommy dee sources says knicks are talking to Houston about t mac because he had a fall out with the organization I would put the article up but I'm writing from my I touch what ya think about that. I wouldn't mind having iverson and mc grady but to bad we not signing iverson but I'll take mcgrady though.

This has been a year full of Knick rumors.

I will celebrate when I actually see T Mac in a Knick uniform.

Paul1355

All Star
The Tommy Dee article

It's by Dan L, my bad but its a good article.

rotating.php

TMac: The Real No-Brainer

<abbr class="updated" title="2009-11-21T00:34:12-0800">Nov 21st, 2009</abbr> <address class="author vcard">by Dan L. </address>
Ok so the Knicks turned down the chance to sign Allen Iverson. Now fans won’t get to see The Answer jack up 25 shots a night at the expense of Gallinari, Douglas, Hill, and most importantly, Eddy Curry, just to win 5 more games.
[Note: since Donnie used player development as an excuse to not sign A.I., I would like to see the Knicks actually do that every night. So far they haven't.]
But make no mistake, the Knicks need to showcase Curry. The better he looks (and he looked good on Wednesday), the better the chance the Knicks can trade him, thereby clearing enough cap space to sign two max guys in July.
It has also been reported (by Hahn among others) that the Knicks are looking at alternative opportunities to improve the roster. That could explain why their hotness for Iverson seemed to turn ice cold overnight. What potential opportunity could be in the works? Adrain Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that Tracy McGrady is fed up with the rockets and the situation has reached a boiling point. Wojnarowski also writes that the Rockets main goals in dealing with TMac involve maintaining team chemistry and saving money by having insurance pick up 80% of his per game salary for each game that he misses from here on out.
Now, the incoming and outgoing salaries involved in any trade with the Rockets must be within 150% of one another. That means the Rockets can take back a good amount less than than McGrady’s $23 million. That difference is doubled, since as a tax paying team, the Rockets would also be spared a dollar for dollar penalty equal to difference between McGrady’s salary and whatever they bring back. And if one of the contracts is Cuttino Mobley’s, Houston will be entitled to have insurance cover it, as long as they obtain it by the end of the month (a year from Cuttino’s “injury”).
A deal that makes a lot of sense for both teams is Duhon/Jeffries/Darko for McGrady/Cook. Knicks lose Jeffries and get a scorer and the Rockets maintain chemistry and save millions on Mobley’s contract and millions more in avoiding a dollar for dollar tax penalty. Once Mobley’s contract comes off their books, Houston would save about $10 million in salary and thus $10 million in tax as well. In fact, this trade makes so much sense, I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet.

Paul1355

All Star
the actual tommy dee article

<table width="100%" bgcolor="#02549d" border="0"><tbody><tr><td width="1%">

</td> <td width="99%"><table width="100%" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td>Sources: Knicks Want to Talk T-Mac</td> </tr> <tr> <td>By Tommy Dee - Nov 22, 2009 10:04 am</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> </tbody></table> Via Hahn:
tracy_mcgrady.jpg

??The Knicks have been trying to engage the Rockets in talks regarding Tracy McGrady since the summer.
Multiple sources told Newsday that New York could try to contact Houston again, this time with greater success, in the wake of reported issues between McGrady and the Rockets.
There was a reported confrontation between McGrady and coach Rick Adelman, which both denied, this week regarding the star?s return from a knee injury??
Eddy Curry, plus for T-Mac is a deal that was first speculated by Ric Bucher, who admitted it on the Brandon Tierney Show around draft time. And we applaud him for putting on his thinking cap, although, at the time, Curry didn?t have trade value. I believe Curry does now and will continue to show it. Something like Curry, Chandler and Mobley for McGrady and David Anderson.

If the Knicks have been calling, it?s about time the Rockets at least answered the phone.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
tracy mcoverrated

guy has been shooting 40% or lower since 05-06

he's slow as **** now, we need a true sg who can defend and play off-ball for shots like RIP, and can occasionally make a move

JayJ44

Starter
If it means getting rid of Curry, then it's a good trade. BTW, isn't there already a thread on this topic?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It's by Dan L, my bad but its a good article.

rotating.php

TMac: The Real No-Brainer

<abbr class="updated" title="2009-11-21T00:34:12-0800">Nov 21st, 2009</abbr> <address class="author vcard">by Dan L. </address>
Ok so the Knicks turned down the chance to sign Allen Iverson. Now fans won?t get to see The Answer jack up 25 shots a night at the expense of Gallinari, Douglas, Hill, and most importantly, Eddy Curry, just to win 5 more games.
[Note: since Donnie used player development as an excuse to not sign A.I., I would like to see the Knicks actually do that every night. So far they haven't.]
But make no mistake, the Knicks need to showcase Curry. The better he looks (and he looked good on Wednesday), the better the chance the Knicks can trade him, thereby clearing enough cap space to sign two max guys in July.
It has also been reported (by Hahn among others) that the Knicks are looking at alternative opportunities to improve the roster. That could explain why their hotness for Iverson seemed to turn ice cold overnight. What potential opportunity could be in the works? Adrain Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that Tracy McGrady is fed up with the rockets and the situation has reached a boiling point. Wojnarowski also writes that the Rockets main goals in dealing with TMac involve maintaining team chemistry and saving money by having insurance pick up 80% of his per game salary for each game that he misses from here on out.
Now, the incoming and outgoing salaries involved in any trade with the Rockets must be within 150% of one another. That means the Rockets can take back a good amount less than than McGrady?s $23 million. That difference is doubled, since as a tax paying team, the Rockets would also be spared a dollar for dollar penalty equal to difference between McGrady?s salary and whatever they bring back. And if one of the contracts is Cuttino Mobley?s, Houston will be entitled to have insurance cover it, as long as they obtain it by the end of the month (a year from Cuttino?s ?injury?). A deal that makes a lot of sense for both teams is Duhon/Jeffries/Darko for McGrady/Cook. Knicks lose Jeffries and get a scorer and the Rockets maintain chemistry and save millions on Mobley?s contract and millions more in avoiding a dollar for dollar tax penalty. Once Mobley?s contract comes off their books, Houston would save about $10 million in salary and thus $10 million in tax as well. In fact, this trade makes so much sense, I?m surprised it hasn?t happened yet.

I thought there was a rule somewhere about Mobley's contract only being valuable until next week.

The Curry + Mobley trade must happen by next week or else Curry won't be traded at all this year. Mobley's contract is our most valuable asset and the only way I can see a team giving an expiring contract for Curry.

dlee420

Banned
Nate Robinson?

Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
???

Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.

This is a T Mac thread dude. Don't be silly. And N8 is a liability at crunch time because he's a useless defender unless he's gambling the passing lane.

Paul1355

All Star
I agree...once Mike D loses his infatuation with Duhon will we start to win more games down the stretch.

Nate had 19 points and was red hot and then never stepped on the floor again, It just adds to my huge list of disagreements I have with Mike D's substitution methods.

dlee420

Banned
I'm posting these everywhere dude... something needs to be done about this.. how are you telling me duhon should be in over nate? are you nuts?

mafra

Legend
I agree...once Mike D loses his infatuation with Duhon will we start to win more games down the stretch.

Nate had 19 points and was red hot and then never stepped on the floor again, It just adds to my huge list of disagreements I have with Mike D's substitution methods.

INDIANA radio announcers sort ot ripped D'ant for his subbing patterns.... Knicks were ahead, he made a few moves and Indiano went on a big run....

Announcers says, "That's a classic cause for making a substituion for substitution sakes. Just over-thinking. You have a group playing well, stick with it for a while. Why just make a move just to make a move?"

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I totally agree with what the Indiana commentators had to say about D'Antoni. He always takes players out when they're doing so well, for players who haven't been producing throughout the game. We have lost several games this season due to that. I'm sick of hearing these rumors of players coming to the Knicks or the Knicks trying to pursue them. I'm not going to get myself hyped up and then let down when we don't obtain them. Though Tracy would be a upgrade, I really wouldn't want to take a chance of getting him and him not producing or getting injured. Which is highly likely. The only way i would be happy with this is if we get rid of Curry / Jefferies contracts and if we can get a pick. The number 1 priority is getting a PG that is able to run this offense.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
I totally agree with what the Indiana commentators had to say about D'Antoni. He always takes players out when they're doing so well, for players who haven't been producing throughout the game. We have lost several games this season due to that.
Which is why I have gone from a D'Antoni fan to a person who always questions his decisions. He is showing a bad light this year on his logical thinking. If his sub patterns are costing us games then he is obviously an over rated coach

dre48ny

Rotation player
don't know how much production we will get from T-Mac, but the expiring contract for curry or jefferies can't hurt. I hope it gets done. Mobley's contract should be the deal maker, cross our fingers.