The Plan: Ok, so we get "LeBron"

iSaYughh

Starter
All I care about is seeing Gallo, Hill, and Douglas develop, while shedding Jeffries and/or Curry by way of showcase-flipping Nate, Harrington, and Lee. All three guys can be quite attractive for the right team, and all their numbers should be nicely fattened up if we play the cards right. All are flawed, but cmon, there is a team out there that will take them on for some short-term salary damage.

We get the cap space room we so badly crave, and Gallo, Hill, and Douglas flex their stuff for the NBA to see.

We go after and get LeBron, or Wade + ____, etc.

We reach the promised land we've been getting sold all this time.

What are we going to do for a C, let alone a PG? What possible plans can we have in play for these two so key positions?

Not that we necessarily need a beast in both slots, but certainly we need someone that fits well and is competent to really feel back on top.

I feel like we may be able to make a good deal with the Wolves/Nets, particularly if they land John wall, but seems kinda ephemeral as far as plans go.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I really don't get the over all point of what you're saying?

Are you saying we should trade Nate and Lee or by the ASG or what?

And

We go after and get LeBron, or Wade + ____, etc.

It's that easy is it?

This thread is giving me a migraine.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Everyone is so affraid of the fact that we can only sign one max contract next season that i really think no one thinks of the season after.

How about Donnie having a plan that would pursue LBJ to join the Knicks on 2010 and promise him that in 2011 he will get his wish of getting a decent sidekick. Don't we get rid of Curry and Jeffries after the 2011 season?

paris401

Starter
Everyone is so affraid of the fact that we can only sign one max contract next season that i really think no one thinks of the season after.

How about Donnie having a plan that would pursue LBJ to join the Knicks on 2010 and promise him that in 2011 he will get his wish of getting a decent sidekick. Don't we get rid of Curry and Jeffries after the 2011 season?

so we tell 'bron ..sign with us, and in 2010/11 u will be playing with curry/jeffries/zepole/hill/chandler n douglas, n we will attempt to sign one of the 2011 free agents??

do u really think that will work??

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Who the hell knows?

All we do know is that there's not much to be done OTHER than the 2010 plan. It's not like any of the players we have now are going to lead us to a championship without a big name star - and in the NBA, you don't win championships by having a team of roleplayers. It's that simple - every NBA champion team has a superstar on it (the 2004 Pistons might be the one exception to the rule, and even then they were a really good defensive minded team which is something we are not) and we'll need one if we even want to come anywhere close to being competitive.

paris401

Starter
i agree, i just think with our present roster, neither star (lbj,dwade) will join our sinking ship...

miami will b even further under the cap then we r.. 'if' lbj looks in south beach, he will see another superstar on the roster and a 2nd year player beasley, who is pretty good, certainly better then any player on our roster of misfits...

i just hope that walsh has a plan "B" if he fails to lure the big fish (s)

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
so we tell 'bron ..sign with us, and in 2010/11 u will be playing with curry/jeffries/zepole/hill/chandler n douglas, n we will attempt to sign one of the 2011 free agents??

do u really think that will work??

Yes, Lebron can see the salary cap situation just as clear as anyone else. Further players will be tripping over themselves to come win a title with LBJ in NYC. Look at what Artest did with LA to see how easy it is to get talent when you have a superstar player as your anchor.

paris401

Starter
Yes, Lebron can see the salary cap situation just as clear as anyone else. Further players will be tripping over themselves to come win a title with LBJ in NYC. Look at what Artest did with LA to see how easy it is to get talent when you have a superstar player as your anchor.

well then my point is valid..he can sign down in south beach, and in 2011 the heat can then also sign melo or another talent...

mafra

Legend
well then my point is valid..he can sign down in south beach, and in 2011 the heat can then also sign melo or another talent...

Three reasons why Lebron would never sign in MIA:

1- Wade already has a title. If he ran to South beach, he would always be viewed as a 2nd fiddle.... always 1 title behind Wade. Ego is too big to make it appear like he's running for help.

2- Lebron is really loyal. It's not like he'll be fleeing his only team he's ever know, the team that drafted him- he would be abandoning his HOMETOWN team, his family... and that carries enormous weight for LJ. He feels like he owes CLE something- and the "lure" of MIA aint big enough to dwarf that feeling he would have if he turned his back on Ohio.

3- LJ is a NY-ophile. Winning would be great in CLE, or MIA, but if he went to NY and turned that joke around and delivered a title there- It wouldn't compare to anything else. the money he would make, the stars that would show up nightly, the fact that he would have parades in NY.... WOW!

It still might not be enough to pull him away from CLE, but the fact that Gallo just might have the greatest future of any player on CLE.... that might help. Along with the fact that he would bring a star with him either in 2010 or 2011....

Who knows.

ANU

Starter
first thing that needs to happen is for us to get rudy fernandez before the all star break.

then if you sign lebron or wade, you get naked and dance in the streets.

personally, i'd throw 2 first round unprotected picks with wil at the hornets or jazz for wall.and if they bite.

wall or conley
Fernandez or wade
james or clark
gallinari
hill

if you sign wade, you flip fernandez for earl clark and put him at the 3.

or if you sign lebron you flip chandler for a mike conley if you can if you can't make a play for wall.

any variation would please me.

paris401

Starter
Three reasons why Lebron would never sign in MIA:

1- Wade already has a title. If he ran to South beach, he would always be viewed as a 2nd fiddle.... always 1 title behind Wade. Ego is too big to make it appear like he's running for help.

2- Lebron is really loyal. It's not like he'll be fleeing his only team he's ever know, the team that drafted him- he would be abandoning his HOMETOWN team, his family... and that carries enormous weight for LJ. He feels like he owes CLE something- and the "lure" of MIA aint big enough to dwarf that feeling he would have if he turned his back on Ohio.

3- LJ is a NY-ophile. Winning would be great in CLE, or MIA, but if he went to NY and turned that joke around and delivered a title there- It wouldn't compare to anything else. the money he would make, the stars that would show up nightly, the fact that he would have parades in NY.... WOW!

It still might not be enough to pull him away from CLE, but the fact that Gallo just might have the greatest future of any player on CLE.... that might help. Along with the fact that he would bring a star with him either in 2010 or 2011....

Who knows.

hey...maybe u are rite, but one point is $$$$... that is not his motivation... he wants ring (s)... now if u can come to ny as the savior, win some titles (why not be greedy), and make mucho dinero on top of that.... well sounds good to me....

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Walsh didn't just dump our long term contracts for LeBron, he dumped them to give us more flexibility. More cap room is always better and allows you to make better moves given the situations that may or may not arise.

In any case it's not like our team was going anywhere with Z-Bo and Jamal Crawford on this team, let alone Jerome James.

Oush

Rookie
hey...maybe u are rite, but one point is $$$$... that is not his motivation... he wants ring (s)... now if u can come to ny as the savior, win some titles (why not be greedy), and make mucho dinero on top of that.... well sounds good to me....

thats actually not true.

i agree that he wants rings and that is probably the reason he would never come to New York, since even with him, I don't think he believes he can win a championship.

BUT!

Bron Bron has said in the past that he wants to be the first "billionaire athlete" so clearly the lure of the $$$$$ is at least a part of his motivation.

never underestimate the power of the dollar sign.

paris401

Starter
Walsh didn't just dump our long term contracts for LeBron, he dumped them to give us more flexibility. More cap room is always better and allows you to make better moves given the situations that may or may not arise.

In any case it's not like our team was going anywhere with Z-Bo and Jamal Crawford on this team, let alone Jerome James.

well i guess we'll see if he is a genius, or not...