Shawne Williams
Adam Morrison
Jordan Farmar
Mark Blount

Mavs recieves

Jared Jeffries

Lakers Recieves

Nate Robinson
Cuttino Mobley (with insurance benifits)
Matt Carroll

Minny recieves

Sasha Vujacic

Ok so this is quite a complicated trade but let me tell you why this is appealing to all

The knicks, sort of self explanitory, they rid themselves of nate (who has been a problem) and jared's contract, and recieve all expirings. Blount obviously wont help but AMMO is a great shooter and Jordan may be able to provide some backup pg duties. I dont know much about Shawne Williams except he was a major problem in Dallas but he wont be here by the end of the year anyway. Point is, they get expirings for Jared's contract

The Mavs get a proven defender (say what you want about Jared but if he is anything he is a defender) and more importantly, rid themselves of Williams which they have been trying to do for a while. Plus they get rid of Carrolls 4 years, which Cuban may like.

The Lakers, as anyone who has been following them knows, have been trying to get some money relief for a while, and Mobleys contract has the insurance benifits which Buss would certainly like. I also know they think highly of Nate. They also recieve Carroll who Jackson may like his outside shooting, and get rid of players who arnt critical for their team anyway. Point is, they save money, get Nate, and are still powerful in the West.

Minny has been trying to build their team like its nba live, so they may like getting Vujacic for a player theyve wanted to get rid of since they got him.

thoughts? I put a lot of effort into this one :)

Last edited:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Jeffries I see finally knows his role with this team (set picks, take charges, play tough defense) and he is doing a great job lately. In the beginning of the season he was just shooting too much and trying to create for others as if he was Boris Diaw, lol. If a contending team can see the positives he gives a team when he plays to his strength maybe just maybe we get rid of his salary next season :drool:. Adam Morrison is my favorite player in the NBA and would love to see him get his career back on track with the Knicks. I even give him some playing time when I play NBA Live 10, lol.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Hey guys tell me what you think of this deal

Outgoing Knicks

Jared Jeffries
Cuttino Mobley
Nate Robinson

Outgoing Mavs

Shawne Williams
Matt Carroll

Outgoing Lakers

Adam Morrison
Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic

Outgoing Minny

Mark Blount

Knicks Recieve

Shawne Williams
Adam Morrison
Jordan Farmar
Mark Blount

Mavs recieves

Jared Jeffries

Lakers Recieves

Nate Robinson
Cuttino Mobley (with insurance benifits)
Matt Carroll

Minny recieves

Sasha Vujacic

Ok so this is quite a complicated trade but let me tell you why this is appealing to all

The knicks, sort of self explanitory, they rid themselves of nate (who has been a problem) and jared's contract, and recieve all expirings. Blount obviously wont help but AMMO is a great shooter and Jordan may be able to provide some backup pg duties. I dont know much about Shawne Williams except he was a major problem in Dallas but he wont be here by the end of the year anyway. Point is, they get expirings for Jared's contract

The Mavs get a proven defender (say what you want about Jared but if he is anything he is a defender) and more importantly, rid themselves of Williams which they have been trying to do for a while. Plus they get rid of Carrolls 4 years, which Cuban may like.

The Lakers, as anyone who has been following them knows, have been trying to get some money relief for a while, and Mobleys contract has the insurance benifits which Buss would certainly like. I also know they think highly of Nate. They also recieve Carroll who Jackson may like his outside shooting, and get rid of players who arnt critical for their team anyway. Point is, they save money, get Nate, and are still powerful in the West.

Minny has been trying to build their team like its nba live, so they may like getting Vujacic for a player theyve wanted to get rid of since they got him.

thoughts? I put a lot of effort into this one :)

It'd be easier to comment/judge if you post their salaries + durations etc.

ANU

Starter
with all due respect chevy, that just looks like you're making trades just to make trades.we don't need to do anyone in the league any favors.I've proposed jeffries for farmar and morrison.that seems like a simple cut and dry crap for crap deal that l.a. would take.that's pretty much all we can do cause eddy is done.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
with all due respect chevy, that just looks like you're making trades just to make trades.we don't need to do anyone in the league any favors.I've proposed jeffries for farmar and morrison.that seems like a simple cut and dry crap for crap deal that l.a. would take.that's pretty much all we can do cause eddy is done.
But why would the Lakers want to take 2 years of Jeffries when Morrison and Farmar are coming off the books. You have to look at what Dr. Buss is doing right now, he is looking at those contracts and saying "wow, i have a lot of money here." He isnt looking to add any more money unless its HUGE talent, he wants to shed some of those contracts and get some money. Mobleys contract will help him do that with the insurance benefits. The deal will help them stay competitive by adding Nate while shedding some money by getting rid of Vujacic.

Cuban on the other hand, would love adding more pieces and doesnt mind spending the money, thats why my deal is more appealing to more people.

Just my opinion, i dont think the Lakers want anything to do with Jeffries 2 year 12 mil contract.

ANU

Starter
look, farmar and morrison are trash.jeffires is better trash.but jeffires has to do nothing but be a live body when he is out there, disrupt the defense, taking charges doing the little things that don't show up on a stat sheet.he does all of that well.the lakers are a perenial championship team.so are the celtics and the magic.but the magic ain't shit if they can't get the ball to howard.the celtics are trash if rondo isn't allowed to run ragged against the other team.that's where jared comes in.

i don't really feel like saying anymore so read what this guy said from a knicks blog about jared.

http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=2755

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
I know what Jeffries does for a team, but your not getting that Dr. Buss's goal is not to add talent, he already has that, plenty of it, hes looking to get rid of some salary and get some money back. The Lakers have the highest payroll in the league, theres no way in hell they are giving up 2 expirings for Jeffries. Dr. Buss would look at that Mobley insurance contract and say "hey money," and he could get rid of that Vujacic contract. This is much more appealing to Buss then Jeffries 2 years 12 million dollar contract.

get it now?

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
of course hes going to resign kobe and phil to extensions, theyre the centerfold of the franchise but he's not going to add more money for a player that isnt going to help them much. The Lakers are already heavy heavy favorites to win the title, how is Jeffries going to change anything? The answer is he's not worth the money to Buss, the chance to get rid of players that are out of the rotation for some quick cash, THATS something he has to consider, ESPECIALLY having to resign kobe and phil to big money extensions.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
jesus christ.its like arguing with george w.bush.

problem is ur george bush in this case, nykchevy is right, jerry buss doesnt want to add any more payroll. hence why the lakers shipped off vladmir radmonivic to the bobcats for morrison last year dipshit. why in the ****ing world would he take jared jeffiries contract? you think thats the best he could do for two expiring contracts? not a ****ing chance

ANU

Starter
:teeth:

THE LAKERS HAVE THEIR TEAM SET.THEY HAVE A FRANCHISE PLAYERS.

money is never an issue with them.smh.

i just posted in article where it says he's willing to spend to win.some people just want to argue to argue, and don't understand the kinda players you need to win.jeffries is the kinda guy a team like the lakers CAN pay the kinda money he is being paid.part of being a championship contending team is having role players that do the little things.that's what jeffires does.you don't need an all star at every position.

this is what op said in regard to jeffires
The Mavs get a proven defender (say what you want about Jared but if he is anything he is a defender)

so why wouldn't that be a plus for the lakers?

because he's not an all star? god forbid.

you guys seem to totally forgot for some reason, that jeffires is a lateral move FOR the playoffs.when you have possible match ups with the celtics and rondo, or williams in orlando, you're going to need a guy who disrupts the facilitators of those teams.

the end.I'm done with this argument.

i put in in bold letters so it won't be hard to read this time.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
:teeth:

THE LAKERS HAVE THEIR TEAM SET.THEY HAVE A FRANCHISE PLAYERS.

money is never an issue with them.smh.

i just posted in article where it says he's willing to spend to win.some people just want to argue to argue, and don't understand the kinda players you need to win.jeffries is the kinda guy a team like the lakers CAN pay the kinda money he is being paid.part of being a championship contending team is having role players that do the little things.that's what jeffires does.you don't need an all star at every position.

this is what op said in regard to jeffires

so why wouldn't that be a plus for the lakers?

because he's not an all star? god forbid.

you guys seem to totally forgot for some reason, that jeffires is a lateral move FOR the playoffs.when you have possible match ups with the celtics and rondo, or williams in orlando, you're going to need a guy who disrupts the facilitators of those teams.

the end.I'm done with this argument.

i put in in bold letters so it won't be hard to read this time.
ok i see you bold statement, let me put what im saying in bold

the... lakers... dont... want... to... spend... any... more... money... then... they...have... to...

ANU

Starter
if the lakers get rid of farmar morrison vujacic (14 mill) they would still be over the cap by over forty mill.they'll have cap space for 2011 2012.jeffries would have expired by then.i don't see how that can be an issue.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
all i was saying with the Lakers is that Mobleys contract (the 9.5 million that is insured, MEANING the league will pay 80% of the contract DIRECTLY to the team, aka Dr. Buss) is a lot more appealing than giving 2 expirings for a deal he has to pay for the next 2 years, IMO of course.