Knicks Better Trade Jeffries Tomorrow

GetRealistic

Starter
On the positive if JJ was going to have a good game, having a great game against Charlotte is in our best interest. Larry Brown is very mpatient and always wants to shake his roster up, so i could definately see him having interest in Jefferies and possibliy even Curry.

Larry Brown is the coach that pushed the Jalen Rose and Steve Francis trades.

Scribbles

Rotation player
We better trade him soon...Before his frail ass breaks a leg again or something...

Exactly! Get it done soon before it's too late. At this point, it's better to trade him for a bag of chips.

As long as the bag expires before July 1, 2010.

His performance has been impressive but shoot, he is not worth losing a max FA this summer.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I won't feel comfortable about the Knicks future until Jeffries or Curry is traded, or until something is done to improve the roster for the future.

I really hope we don't stay put and go into 2010 free agency with nothing done.

paris401

Starter
this is how low we have sunk... we are talking about 'ugly'... for 3years this guy has done 'zero', has one (or is it two) decent games, and there are calls to extend him..

this guy blows... lee has a 5ft range on his jumper... ugly will miss a layup...he blows... and his "D" ain't great either, tho on the knicks playin with lee/harrington/duhon/zepole, he looks like bill russell....

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
this is how low we have sunk... we are talking about 'ugly'... for 3years this guy has done 'zero', has one (or is it two) decent games, and there are calls to extend him..

this guy blows... lee has a 5ft range on his jumper... ugly will miss a layup...he blows... and his "D" ain't great either, tho on the knicks playin with lee/harrington/duhon/zepole, he looks like bill russell....
I think he's been pretty consistent this season. I mean you saw how bad our defense is when he's not on the floor, we need him on the floor to have any chance for a win you can't argue with that.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think he's been pretty consistent this season. I mean you saw how bad our defense is when he's not on the floor, we need him on the floor to have any chance for a win you can't argue with that.

I would much rather have $30+ mil in cap space next year than a few exta wins this year.

clumsy

Rotation player
Hold on now. Maybe i'm jumping the gun because of a good December....but what if this is somehow really a .500 team. I will not lie at all i think Jared Jeffries has been the catalyst for this team.....he is probably one of the best help defenders in the league and can guard the best player on the other team at any position (except people stronger than him).

His offense is trash but say Gallo continues to Develop and we bring back Harrington as a backup. Chandler is Chandler...a good role player. Maybe we bring back Lee, but i'd rather sign and trade him. You don't think Lebron would mind playing with this core...i mean it isn't much worse than what he has now.

We can sign and trade Lee for Pryzbilla and Fernandez?

PG - ? hopefully not duhon
SG - Fernandez - #3 option
SF - Lebron - #1
PF - Gallo - All Around #2
C - Pryzbilla - D

bench - Chandler - All Around
Harrington - Scoring
Jeffries - D
Toney Douglas - Backup G

clumsy

Rotation player
In 2011 we can sign Jared Jeffries to a Bruce Bowen like 3 mil, let fat ass go and then pursue a better PG. That is a championship team to me. Best bench in the league....and pretty good starting squad.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hold on now. Maybe i'm jumping the gun because of a good December....but what if this is somehow really a .500 team. I will not lie at all i think Jared Jeffries has been the catalyst for this team.....he is probably one of the best help defenders in the league and can guard the best player on the other team at any position (except people stronger than him).

His offense is trash but say Gallo continues to Develop and we bring back Harrington as a backup. Chandler is Chandler...a good role player. Maybe we bring back Lee, but i'd rather sign and trade him. You don't think Lebron would mind playing with this core...i mean it isn't much worse than what he has now.

We can sign and trade Lee for Pryzbilla and Fernandez?

PG - ? hopefully not duhon
SG - Fernandez - #3 option
SF - Lebron - #1
PF - Gallo - All Around #2
C - Pryzbilla - D

bench - Chandler - All Around
Harrington - Scoring
Jeffries - D
Toney Douglas - Backup G

We can't afford Lebron, Harrington and a PG if Jeffries or Curry is not traded. We can't even afford Harrington and Lebron. There isn't enough cap space.

I don't know how many times I have to say this. It seems people want to think we can sign all of our players plus Lebron.

THERE ISN'T ENOUGH CAP SPACE!!!!!

Let me say that again in case anybody didn't understand...

THERE ISN'T ENOUGH CAP SPACE!!!!!

If we sign a max player, we have around $7-8 million to fill 5 roster spots in order to meet the 12 roster minimum. We don't have the MLE or the Bi-Annual because we are under the cap. Nate, Lee, Harrington and Duhon are all unrestricted free agents. We will not own their Bird Rights.

So, Lebron will sign to a roster of Curry, Jeffries, Chandler, Gallo, Douglas, Hill and 5 other mediocre players receiving around the NBA minimum on 1 year contracts. I'm sure he'll do that. *sarcasm*

clumsy

Rotation player
Hill can be traded. Gallo has about 2 more years on his contract and can be resigned. Chandler Likewise. If Al Harrington really wants to take a hometown discount he'll sign for 6.5 mil and mad endorsements. Pryzbilla expires next year...rudy has like 3 years on his contract.

If we can't resign lee trade him now...

we can use D leaguers to fill up the rest of the roster.

In 2011 we will make the rest of the moves.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hill can be traded. Gallo has about 2 more years on his contract and can be resigned. Chandler Likewise. If Al Harrington really wants to take a hometown discount he'll sign for 6.5 mil and mad endorsements. Pryzbilla expires next year...rudy has like 3 years on his contract.

If we can't resign lee trade him now...

we can use D leaguers to fill up the rest of the roster.

In 2011 we will make the rest of the moves.

Pryzbilla makes around $7.5 mil next year. Rudy makes around $1.2 mil nextyear. Add Jeffries' and Curry's salaries for next year and we don't even have enough to sign Lebron.

THERE ISN"T ENOUGH CAP SPACE!!!

We would have enough to resign Harrington and Duhon if we have Pryzbilla and Fernandez. But not enough to sign a max.

the biggest issue with both curry and jeffires salaries, is the fact that we can't add any salary with out f'in up the possibility of landing lebron.though i don't think we'll get him, we should at least exhaust the possibility.

if both those guys where off the books we probably could have acquired randolph with maggette.a core of gallo,hill,chandler,randolph would be promising to say the least.

clumsy

Rotation player
Pryzbilla makes around $7.5 mil next year. Rudy makes around $1.2 mil nextyear. Add Jeffries' and Curry's salaries for next year and we don't even have enough to sign Lebron.

THERE ISN"T ENOUGH CAP SPACE!!!

We would have enough to resign Harrington and Duhon if we have Pryzbilla and Fernandez. But not enough to sign a max.

I don't agree with you. In my scenario we only could not get a PG via free agency

We have 27.3 mil cap. Cap is 50-54 range. I will use 52 for sake of argument.

+6.5 mil Harrington (if he is true to his word and takes a discount)
+20.5 mil Lebron
We sign + trade Lee next year for Pryz and Rudy
+8.8 mil
+2.5 mil for 5 minimum players

This is now 65.3 over the cap right.

2011 - The following year hopefully the cap number is a little bigger (cuz if it is not this theory fails), but we lose 17 in payroll down to 48.3.

So here is how it fleshes out
Bron -20.5
Harrington - 7
Jeff (if he resigns cheap) - 3
Rudy -2.1
Chandler - let him go
Douglas - 1.1
Gallo - 4.2
Pryz ? - if he resigns he is on the down end of his career so it would prob be for less than 7.4. i'd say 6.5
4 scrubs - 2.3
Hill - who was hopefully moved for a draft pick by this time 2.6
1 hopefully 2nd round draft pick 2010 pg - 1

We are left at 50.3 million. If we resign pryz at 6.5. Hopefully this is under the cap. You can go for another max contract and reup Gallo the following year with the larry bird rights.

clumsy

Rotation player
Following year you would lose Rudy but it would be ok if we had 2 max contracts and gallo for the long haul

A lot of ifs but i think better than just saying F a big time free agent and lets go with what we have.