Do you miss the midget?

• yep

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • nope

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Mike D'Antoni insists he doesn't intend to Mar-bury the littlest Knick and expects to play him again at some point. Donnie Walsh says someone whose salary he basically doubled (to $4 million) last summer hasn't produced any trade interest, nor prompted Robinson (who's toed, or been coached to toe, the diplomatic line so far) or his agent to ask out. Bergen Record And if Robinson and/or his agent, Aaron Goodwin (who did not return several messages Monday), eventually ask and get out, Robinson would waive his trade-veto power and surrender some future free-agent rights. But the Knicks likely wouldn't get full value for him and have to settle for an expiring-contract player in return who might spend most of his time in a suit. Still, if Robinson wants to play regularly again and enhance his 2010 free agent value, it might behoove him to ask out. Bergen Record

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I wish he'd Marbury him..I never want to see him play another game as a Knick...

Same here... he would blow up if he joined the AND 1 tour tho.... (think about it Nate)

Either that or he and Marbury could be the most lethal guard combo overseas.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
hughes is out and d'antoni still wont play him lmao, and i think robinson needs to sit on that bench more. let the realities sink in that if he doesnt get his act together he wont be in the nba next year

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Nate Robinson should have never re-signed with the Knicks. I thought something was going on, when they gave David Lee nearly double what they gave Robinson. He should have signed with a better team. It would have given him more exposure, and he would have gotten a real contract, in 2010. Donnie Walsh and D'Anphony want to keep Robinson on the bench so that his value will decline, and so that they can force him to accept a small contract in 2010. Robinson needs to ask for a trade.

Mike D'ANPHONY can go suck a d!(k, no homo.

Nate Robinson is the best guard on the Knicks.

Larry Hughes and Chris Duhorne are complete bums. Their dismal field goal percentages tell the story.

Chris Duhon 34.3% fg, 8.8 ppg
Larry "Mickey Mouse" Hughes 39% fg, 12 ppg

smokes

Huge Member
Nate Robinson should have never re-signed with the Knicks. I thought something was going on, when they gave David Lee nearly double what they gave Robinson. He should have signed with a better team. It would have given him more exposure, and he would have gotten a real contract, in 2010. Donnie Walsh and D'Anphony want to keep Robinson on the bench so that his value will decline, and so that they can force him to accept a small contract in 2010. Robinson needs to ask for a trade.

Larry Hughes and Chris Duhorne are complete bums. Their dismal field goal percentages tell the story.

Well he probably would have signed with another team had he got an offer sheet from anyone except the Knicks.

Tactically D'antoni could be playing it smart though, Nate always publicised his wish to play in NY and probably would not agree to any trade if he was getting significant playing time for us, however if we want to use him as a trade chip this is the way to get him to agree to it.

TunerAddict

Starter
Nate is a worthless player. His net gain is in the negative. He can shoot 60% and still give up more points on defense...

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Guys like Nate Robinson and David Lee weren't really pursued by other teams because other teams thought ALMOST DEFINITELY KNICKS would MATCH their offers since Nate and Lee Knicks best players........so they didn't offer contracts.

TunerAddict

Starter
Guys like Nate Robinson and David Lee weren't really pursued by other teams because other teams thought ALMOST DEFINITELY KNICKS would MATCH their offers since Nate and Lee Knicks best players........so they didn't offer contracts.

Thats an idiotic excuse, and quite frankly inaccurate.

Every team KNEW the Knicks were saving cap. The Knicks most certainly would not have given either shit long term. Any team could have taken them if they wanted them...

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Thats an idiotic excuse, and quite frankly inaccurate.

Every team KNEW the Knicks were saving cap. The Knicks most certainly would not have given either shit long term. Any team could have taken them if they wanted them...

Oh it's accurate alright. Stop hating on Nate and D-Lee. No other team offered them contracts cuz they suck? Hahahaha. Right... ..No one (free agents) would go to the Knicks if D-Lee AND Nate were gone this season. THat's why the other teams didn't offer contracts since both Lee and Nate are restricted (they knew Knicks would've matched). You gotta be kidding me.... So what would happen if Knicks had no Lee and Nate? They'd be the Nets! OK? Lebron aint gonna come here to play with Douglas and Hill....... Knicks need Lee and Nate.

TunerAddict

Starter
Oh it's accurate alright. Stop hating on Nate and D-Lee. No other team offered them contracts cuz they suck? Hahahaha. Right... ..No one (free agents) would go to the Knicks if D-Lee AND Nate were gone this season. THat's why the other teams didn't offer contracts since both Lee and Nate are restricted (they knew Knicks would've matched). You gotta be kidding me.... So what would happen if Knicks had no Lee and Nate? They'd be the Nets! OK? Lebron aint gonna come here to play with Douglas and Hill....... Knicks need Lee and Nate.

LeBron wants to play with No D Lee and Nate Robinson, the defenseless midget? Thats what you're saying?

If you think the Knicks were matching ANY real offers for either of them you are crazy.

The Fiscal control exerted over this club since Donnie Walsh took over points in the opposite direction of what you're proposing would have been the reality.

And also the fact that you think these guys are so great but no team would even try to offer them anything? That is a joke. If they were any descent a team would have tried. Just like Dallas tried for Gortat.

Probable failure certainly is no excuse for not trying, being that there was nothing to lose by trying in these cases. Plus, the rate of failure that you see it as being(100%) was far lower then you can imagine. I don't think DLee would have been resigned for anything over what Walsh had offered him straight up, and I doubt Nate would have gotten from us what we gave him in a one year deal.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
LeBron wants to play with No D Lee and Nate Robinson, the defenseless midget? Thats what you're saying?

If you think the Knicks were matching ANY real offers for either of them you are crazy.

The Fiscal control exerted over this club since Donnie Walsh took over points in the opposite direction of what you're proposing would have been the reality.

And also the fact that you think these guys are so great but no team would even try to offer them anything? That is a joke. If they were any descent a team would have tried. Just like Dallas tried for Gortat.

Probable failure certainly is no excuse for not trying, being that there was nothing to lose by trying in these cases. Plus, the rate of failure that you see it as being(100%) was far lower then you can imagine. I don't think DLee would have been resigned for anything over what Walsh had offered him straight up, and I doubt Nate would have gotten from us what we gave him in a one year deal.

D-Lee (or rather his agent) was asking for 12 mil. No teams would give him that money.

And like I said, forget Lebron coming here if Lee and/or Nate aren't here. He's not playing with Hill, Douglas, Jeffries....

We need GOOD players here to lure free agents and we got Nate and Lee.

What you're saying is that Nate, Lee are trash because no other teams offered them contracts this summer. TOTALLY WRONG.....

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer

Tuner, I agree with most of what you say, we didn't want to way overpay for Nate and Lee, but the other guy has a point, you are wrong there was a reason for teams not to try. There are several free agents to look at during free agency. A team has a set time to match an offer, so had say Portland tendered an offer to Lee, and we waited the full period and decided to match the offer, not only would Portland lose Lee but they would have blown their opportunity to pursue Andre Miller. If teams were concerned the Knicks MIGHT match their offer, they might think that their 10 days or whatever might be better spent looking at other options than waiting, potentially finding out bad news and winding up with nothing from free agency

crawford

Rookie
hope this doesn't get to the point where when D'Antoni wants Nate to play he'll refuse like Marbury did last season.

Paul1355

All Star

Hughes averages over 2 steals per game and can give your team better passes than Duhon can.

Hughes is about defense, not offense