Gallo Is Officially Heading Backwards

mafra

Legend
I'm beginning to think D'ant is hurting this kid's growth. Seriously....

The dude takes 17 shots tonight.... 15 of them from 3-point range? How do you tolerate this crap?

1 assist? 3 rebounds? Bad defense? 1 Free throw attempt (which, of course, he misses).

This is a disgrace and an embarrassment.

Tell the kid he must earn his minutes now.... If he goes 3 minutes w/out driving the ball to the rim, he gets benched. If he wants to be lazy and chuck up 35-foot shoots.... then he can sit on the pine and watch.

I mean, he disappears anyway come the 4th.... so what would change?

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm beginning to think D'ant is hurting this kid's growth. Seriously....

The dude takes 17 shots tonight.... 15 of them from 3-point range? How do you tolerate this crap?

1 assist? 3 rebounds? Bad defense? 1 Free throw attempt (which, of course, he misses).

This is a disgrace and an embarrassment.

Tell the kid he must earn his minutes now.... If he goes 3 minutes w/out driving the ball to the rim, he gets benched. If he wants to be lazy and chuck up 35-foot shoots.... then he can sit on the pine and watch.

I mean, he disappears anyway come the 4th.... so what would change?

Are you crazy? He was the only player keeping us in the game tonight in the end of the 3rd/4th quarter.

He is our best player. Cat was 1-6 from 3 and almost shot himself up to his average.

mafra

Legend
Are you crazy? He was the only player keeping us in the game tonight in the end of the 3rd/4th quarter.

He is our best player. Cat was 1-6 from 3 and almost shot himself up to his average.

Almost isn't good enough! What about the silly turnover? He should do more to help this team win.

Sure, he hits a couple 3s... but he also has a lane violation, misses a free throw, does nothing to get other people shots.

When was the last time a player took 17 shots and had only 1 free throw? Is that even possible? He must work on his game, not just do what he does well.

This is my beef.... how is he going to improve just taking 3s....

TunerAddict

Starter
Almost isn't good enough! What about the silly turnover? He should do more to help this team win.

Sure, he hits a couple 3s... but he also has a lane violation, misses a free throw, does nothing to get other people shots.

When was the last time a player took 17 shots and had only 1 free throw? Is that even possible? He must work on his game, not just do what he does well.

The silly turnover?

Every ****ing player commits dumb turnovers. Lee has had multiple 5 TO games this season.

You're locking on one guy, the guy who has been the most consistent all season.

Worse part is that you're saying this based on one game. How ignorant can someone be? He works hard, he has double digit bounding games recently, a slew of multi-block games, etc...

One game doesn't negate a season of success and consistency, just like a guy scoring a 100 points in one game and then shooting 1-50 for the next 30 doesn't validate him.

Your sample size for criticism is far too small.

mafra

Legend
I expect something out of Gallo.... To heck with Duhon and the rest.... I just want Gallo to improve his game, not just settle for doing what he already does well. NOW is the time to work on things.... SO, do not simply settle for the 35-foot chuck.

That's it.... Honestly, do you get the sense Gallo is improving? Or taking 2 steps back every time he takes 1 fwd?

TunerAddict

Starter
I expect something out of Gallo.... To heck with Duhon and the rest.... I just want Gallo to improve his game, not just settle for doing what he already does well. NOW is the time to work on things.... SO, do not simply settle for the 35-foot chuck.

That's it.... Honestly, do you get the sense Gallo is improving? Or taking 2 steps back every time he takes 1 fwd?

If you've watched the last 5 or so games it was obvious that he has been improving.

Rebounding, UP

Blocks and defense in general, UP

Driving, UP

He has been doing everything better as of late.

He had 2 off games in a row. Out of the entire season so far pretty much.

Your expectations are wayyyyyyyyy to high. He has far exceeded what most people realistically expected.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Gallo is the least of our problems.
Especially when DUHON doesnt pass to him when he's open.

thank you metro, i was fuming at my television screen

aight so rose doesnt play defense, so duhon consistenly was able to get in the lane. he consistenly got gallo's defender to help on duhon. gallo was ****ing consistenly open and duhorrible looks the other way. **** YOU duhorrible, we need a starting pg. duhorrible is a backup. get dj augustin, get someone. now did gallo have a good game? ehh he was ight, but duhon failed to get him the rock when gallo was on fire.

mafra

Legend
If you've watched the last 5 or so games it was obvious that he has been improving.

Rebounding, UP

Blocks and defense in general, UP

Driving, UP

He has been doing everything better as of late.

He had 2 off games in a row. Out of the entire season so far pretty much.

Your expectations are wayyyyyyyyy to high. He has far exceeded what most people realistically expected.

OK. I'm only listenng, not watching. So I trust you guys. I was just pissed when he entered the game and we had a 17 point lead, and he misses 4 3s and the lead goes POOF!

BUT, I'm being harsh b/c I'm upset.

Duhon is carahap. Harrington is money once every 5 games. D'ant would only play 6 players tonight. I should chill. Gallo is the least of our problems.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
what is so hard to understand about mafra's post? It's simple. You can't just take 17 threes in a game. I mean Gallo is good at 3's, but his game is very predictable because he doesn't DO MUCH ELSE. All his opponents will do is wait for him behind the arc. He can't do that. He gotta work on being versatile offensively. If Duhon had passed more when Gallo was open, Gallo would've shot 30 threes. Even Ray Allen or Reggie Miller wouldn't attempt that many threes............

metrocard

Legend
thank you metro, i was fuming at my television screen

aight so rose doesnt play defense, so duhon consistenly was able to get in the lane. he consistenly got gallo's defender to help on duhon. gallo was ****ing consistenly open and duhorrible looks the other way. **** YOU duhorrible, we need a starting pg. duhorrible is a backup. get dj augustin, get someone. now did gallo have a good game? ehh he was ight, but duhon failed to get him the rock when gallo was on fire.

Only time Duu Duu will pass to Gallo is if Gallo is not open, and forces Gallo to create a shot

He's truely the worst.

and this thead is POINTLESS.

Gallo went 6-15 from 3pt and shot 40%...lead the team in points in 27 minutes off the bench.

What the hell is wrong with this forum?
People are getting desperate to make a thread about anything.

Next thread: D'Antoni needs to shave his 'stache

mafra

Legend
Only time Duu Duu will pass to Gallo is if Gallo is not open, and forces Gallo to create a shot

He's truely the worst.

and this thead is POINTLESS.

Gallo went 6-15 from 3pt and shot 40%...lead the team in points in 27 minutes off the bench.

What the hell is wrong with this forum?
People are getting desperate to make a thread about anything.

Next thread: D'Antoni needs to shave his 'stache

I have to lower my expectations and remember it's going to take time for Gallo. He aint Durant or Anthony.

Still, unless you're 10-15.... I do have a problem with a guy who takes 15 3-pointers. I'm made it took 17 shots to score 19 points, and that he attempted 1 free throw.

That's it. He's our only hope.... so I'm harsh on him b/c the other suck anyway.

He did enter game with Curry & Douglas and we had a 17 point lead, and it evaporated in a second.

Are we seriously taking it this far

ARE WE REALLY GOING TO KNOCK DOWN GALLO NOW, BECAUSE THE KNICKS SUCK

GET OVER IT.

THIS IS JUST STUPID INTOLERABLE,

"HE SHOULD BE DOING MORE"

"HE IS TAKING A STEP BACKWARDS"

DUDE THERE WERE NIGHTS KEVIN DURANT WENT LIKE 3-16 AND THE THUNDER WOULD GET BLOWN OUT BY 30.

ONLY IN NEW YORK MAN HAHA

THIS GUY IS THE BEST THING THATS HIT MANHATTEN SINCE EWING WAS DRAFTED...LITERALLY.

IN HIS FIRST FULL YEAR HE IS THE MOST EFFICIENT THREE POINT SHOOTER IN THE LEAGUE, HAS A HIGHER BASKETBALL IQ THAN ANY ONE ON OUR TEAM. PLAYS HARD EVERY PLAY ON DEFENSE, HITS BIG SHOTS DOWN THE STRETCH WHEN EVERYONE ELSE HOLDS THE BALL, IS OUR BEST PASSING WING/BIG/MAYBE BEST PASSING PLAYER PERIOD. HE IS AUTO FROM THE FREE THROW LINE, PLAYERS AROUND THE LEAGUE RESPECT HIM, HE IS A CLASS GUY, WITH A POSITIVE DEMEANOR, LEADS BY EXAMPLE. COMES TO THE GAMES ALWAYS PREPARED REGARDLESS OF STARTING OR COMING OFF THE BENCH. HIS PRODUCTION HAS SLOWED ONLY SINCE COMING OFF OF THE BENCH. THE ONLY NEGATIVE ASPECT TO GALLOS GAME IS THE FACT HE HAS NOT NOTCHED 82 GAMES IN HIS CAREER YET, AND EVERY NIGHT IS A NEW EXPERIENCE FOR HIM TO GET COMFORTABLE WITH , IN TERMS OF TRAVEL, BACK TO BACK GAMES, DIFFERENT DEFENSIVE SETS, DIFFERENT DEFENSIVE ASSIGNMENTS, COMING OFF THE BENCH THEN STARTING, GUARDING 3 TO 4 DIFFERENT POSITIONS.

GET OVER IT

THIS THREAD IS OVER

Toons

is the Bo$$
yeah drive to the lane and get his back injured again. gallo...PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE PAINT UNTIL U PUT ON 20 MORE LBS

ANU PLEASE tell me that smh isnt towards me man, I was hoping you of all people would have enough logic to support gallo, knowing how bad everyone elses basketbal IQ is

I Said this the other night, half jokingly, but always truthfully that even Jared Jefferies "IQ" is at a higher level than 90 percent of the team, its sad his talent level is arguably the worst on the team, but in truth as fans

we get on the wrong players.

Hugh, Jefferies, and Gallo are our three best pure overall basketball players.
hughes has prove it by having better all around seasons than any current knick has or will ever have. Gallo proves it by changing the game as a rokie, and jefferies proves it by impacting the game in a positive manner without scoring the ball.

other than that the rest of the team can go

bye bye

dpryde

Benchwarmer
kinda hard to win games with a system that relies on good point guard play when your point guard has the iq and talent level of horseshit

nyk_nyk

All Star

Correction: Harrington is our best player, Gallo is our best 3pt shooter.

How can you say Gallo is our best player when he doesn't even have the broad skill set that Harrington has?

nyk_nyk

All Star

Beautifully said. Right now Gallo is one dimensional and his only contribution to the team is long range shots. Right now he's no different than Eddie House.