Christmas Present to The Knicks! Cap not going to dip below 54!?

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11723/what-will-next-summers-salary-cap-be

I am trying to keep from being too excited because after all these are still just "projected figures", but it looks like 54 million is about as low as the cap will drop, giving us about 27 million to spend with Curry and Jefferies still on the books!
Now, if we manage to move even Jared Jefferies-which at least looks a helluva lot more likely now than it did at the start of the season- than we would have 33 to spend; which could be a max player, retaining Lee for like 9 -hopefully we can backload his deal- and 8 million plus the MLE to fill in some holes!

Now just imagine if we somehow move Curry before July 1st!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
This is great news. I'm happy the cap is not dropping to the extent which we thought it was. Now we still have hope of getting that big FA and retaining some vital pieces on our team. I just hope it gets confirmed 100% and im not going to get my hopes up.

Paul1355

All Star
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11723/what-will-next-summers-salary-cap-be

I am trying to keep from being too excited because after all these are still just "projected figures", but it looks like 54 million is about as low as the cap will drop, giving us about 27 million to spend with Curry and Jefferies still on the books!
Now, if we manage to move even Jared Jefferies-which at least looks a helluva lot more likely now than it did at the start of the season- than we would have 33 to spend; which could be a max player, retaining Lee for like 9 -hopefully we can backload his deal- and 8 million plus the MLE to fill in some holes!

Now just imagine if we somehow move Curry before July 1st!
we are a rich franchise and money can go a long way in sports.

As bad as the knicks are, they can change their entire destiny in the free agency and this is why i am excited.

Hearing this news just makes me believe that bad karma has been reversed for the Knicks in 2010.

Whatever we do, sign a playmaker who can lead a team...I dont care if its a bench player...if he has the ability to score at will in crunch time and lead a team...the Knicks need him.
Taking out Lebron and Wade, Joe Johnson seems like the best piece to waste money on. He is a good shooter and can pass good for a SG. He is an allstar. I hope we can get a back court and front court player in FA to build with Gallo, Chandler and Douglas.