McGrady to leave Rockets, waiting on trade

New New York

Quiet Storm
Knicks will pursue a trade.....and the Rockets will reject any offer! They do not want to take back any salary in moving him. Now, they might entertain Cuttino, Hughes and Nate for T-Mac for cap purposes at the trade deadline if no other offers they like come in.

But they are not taking back either of our garbage contracts, they have in fact said that

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The Rockets are willing to take back long-term contracts but they want talent in return. There are rumors that Sacramento might be willing to trade Kevin Martin for MacGrady in an attempt to dump salary and give Houston some legit talent.

I honestly don't know how the Rockets can expect anything of real value. MacGrady is coming off serious surgery and has barely played at all this season. His greatest value is his expiring contract and the Rockets are having difficulties finding any teams that have salaries that match MacGady's contract.

Donnie is trying to get MacGracy and use Jeffries contract. Houston has said no-way, but there are possibilities for a 3-team trade to make this happen.

As far as Curry is concerned, there is no way to trade him before the deadline. I'm sure Donnie and D'Antoni know this and the strategy of not playing him to piss him off may actually be a smart move.

I read somewhere that if Curry wants a buy-out bad enough, the Knicks can negotiate a buy-out of his full salary for this year and half his salary for next year. This could save the Knicks approx. $5.5 mil in cap space next season. Couple that with a Jeffries trade and that equals about $12 mil in additional cap space. Which would give the Knicks approx. $34-37 mil in cap space and plenty to sign TWO max-free agent superstars.

jpz17

Starter
The Knicks just fined Robinson 250k--oh great another Marbury case. Donnie needs to calm down with that

seriously though.. this is setting up Curry and Robinson for McGrady I just know it. I'm so fin excited

iSaYughh

Starter
Between this and POR's situation....it's going to reach a new level of ugly if Knicks FO can't dump Jeffries or Curry, and/or get back a guard who can deal.

ANU

Starter
The Knicks just fined Robinson 250k--oh great another Marbury case. Donnie needs to calm down with that

seriously though.. this is setting up Curry and Robinson for McGrady I just know it. I'm so fin excited
the nba fined nate.it wasn't donnie and the knicks.

ANU

Starter
i don't want this dude on my team.at this point he's a delusional cunt who would only serve as a deterent to the progress of the young guys on this team.but if we can get rid of curry without adding any salary past this year, I'm all for it.

richtree

Rotation player
I really don't see anything bad with obtaining McGrady, especially if all it takes is dumping Nate, Hughes, and Mobley's contract.

Ideally, the Rockets would want a third team involved.

I usually don't wanna give the benefit of the doubt to a player in contract dispute where he seems to be a bad guy, but McGrady is a legit player and if the Knicks took him on, it would only be for this season.

McGrady is injury prone and a high risk but we would only need him for 36 games or so.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Do it Walsh, T=Mac would give us a go-to-guy in the clutch which is what we were missing down the stretch vs. the Heat and Spurs which couldve been wins, add Mac to our line-up at the expense of maybe Harrington and we got a sure starter, and if he's any good we could maybe resign him to a 10 mil. contract which could to the trick sign Bosh or Amare and we got ourselves a team that could contend

Duhon/Douglas

Mac/Chandler

Gallo

hopefully Lee

Amare

i'd be confident with this team taking the court night in and night out

get T-Mac WALSH!!!!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
i don't want this dude on my team.at this point he's a delusional cunt who would only serve as a deterent to the progress of the young guys on this team.but if we can get rid of curry without adding any salary past this year, I'm all for it.

I concur........

nyk_nyk

All Star

Right now Dantoni is a deterent to the progress of the young players. Check T-Mac's stats and you will see that he is a willing passer. He usually averages somewhere in the 5 to 6 assist range if i'm not mistaken. I don't think he would disrupt anyones progress.

New New York

Quiet Storm
. Which would give the Knicks approx. $34-37 mil in cap space and plenty to sign TWO max-free agent superstars.

But that is all it would give us money to do, what about David Lee and filling our PG hole?

I guess we could get a PG for the MLE, but David Lee is going to demand more.

37 million dollar breakdown

Lee/Harrington 13 million combined: leaves 24
Bosh 16 million -backloaded contract which is why he takes less initially: leaves 8 million
TJ. Ford 8 million

Trade my man Wilson for a SG like Courtney Lee

use MLE to sign a couple backups. Arroyo is one that comes to mind, but obviusly not for the full MLE

TJ/Arroyo
Courtney Lee/Douglas
Gallo/Harrington
Lee/Hill/Harrington
Bosh/Lee/Hill

4th or seed in the East next year, will get better and better each season with more time together and as young players develop

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
But that is all it would give us money to do, what about David Lee and filling our PG hole?

I guess we could get a PG for the MLE, but David Lee is going to demand more.

37 million dollar breakdown

Lee/Harrington 13 million combined: leaves 24
Bosh 16 million -backloaded contract which is why he takes less initially: leaves 8 million
TJ. Ford 8 million

Trade my man Wilson for a SG like Courtney Lee

use MLE to sign a couple backups. Arroyo is one that comes to mind, but obviusly not for the full MLE

TJ/Arroyo
Courtney Lee/Douglas
Gallo/Harrington
Lee/Hill/Harrington
Bosh/Lee/Hill

4th or seed in the East next year, will get better and better each season with more time together and as young players develop

Decent plan but I really did not wait this long to build a team around Bosh. If we cant get Lebron lets wait till 2011 when we have more space and another bunch of of studs to go after. Durant and Paul would be a sick tandem!

Edit**I thought for some reason that Paul was a FA in 2011... Oh well, still rather build a team around Durant than Bosh.

ANU

Starter
Right now Dantoni is a deterent to the progress of the young players. Check T-Mac's stats and you will see that he is a willing passer. He usually averages somewhere in the 5 to 6 assist range if i'm not mistaken. I don't think he would disrupt anyones progress.
his current team is in the hunt for the playoffs and he's complaining about playing time.great team player.i don't care how many assist he averages.he's a cunt.

nyk_nyk

All Star
his current team is in the hunt for the playoffs and he's complaining about playing time.great team player.i don't care how many assist he averages.he's a cunt.

So you think its realistic for a player of his caliber to not want more playing time? The guy is a star/superstar player and is the highest paid player in the league. Houston doesn't want to give him a reduced role, they just don't want him.

Superstars are allowed to want playing time when their healthy. Do you think any real baller in the league would want to sit a year especially on the last year of their contract?

Newsflash: Most players complain about their playing time, the public just doesn't always hear about it.

ANU

Starter
his caliber? he's broken down.he's finished.were not talking about a prime, can't get out of the first round mcgrady here.he's not a superstar anymore.and i could careless for "most" players.I'm a knick fan.keep this dude away from this team unles we get rid of curry and/or jeffries.

iSaYughh

Starter
Decent plan but I really did not wait this long to build a team around Bosh. If we cant get Lebron lets wait till 2011 when we have more space and another bunch of of studs to go after. Durant and Paul would be a sick tandem!

Edit**I thought for some reason that Paul was a FA in 2011... Oh well, still rather build a team around Durant than Bosh.

QFT. It is a dynasty we are after, and it's a dynasty that we deserve. Not a middling playoff team. If it's not Lebron, I want a re-signed Lee and to bide a bit more time. Actually start getting lottery picks (lolmotherf'ingisiah), and once and for all rid this team of the cancer that is Eddie Curry.

Eddie Curry is the biggest cancer to a franchise in the history of sports. And by default, Isiah is the mastermind of the greatest harpooning of a franchise in NBA history.

Lee, Gallo, Chandler, Hill, Douglas. Let's get cleansed of m Curry, and use cap space, the lure of MSG, and the aforesaid pieces to build a true championship dynasty.

In the meantime....N8 + Jeffries for McGrady. Throw in Harrington if that's what it takes. We need cap to sign 2 bigtime FAs -- this is the single biggest lure we can have to signing one (i.e. Lebron) in the first place.

paris401

Starter
. We need cap to sign 2 bigtime FAs -- this is the single biggest lure we can have to signing one (i.e. Lebron) in the first place.

what is the 'lure' for 'bron or wade...zepole cannoli??? jordan hill??? toney douglas???.... or is it chandler???

or is it all the above that will attract those guys???

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Even an injury prone, shell of his former self, T-MAC is >>> than almost everyone on the current Knick roster. If the Knicks trade bum ass Hughes for T-MAC, that would be a smart move. Even if McGrady ends up getting injured, it's still an upgrade from having a disney cartoon character at shooting guard[Hughes]. I'd rather take a chance on an All Star(McGrady) than a chance on a bum that was so wack he got traded for Jerome James(Hughes).