Update on Kobe

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Portions iof the article:
NY Daily News said:
Dolan Dreams Of Adding Kobe

The name of one Kobe Bryant rolled off James Dolan's lips yesterday when a question was posed to the Madison Square Garden chairman about the most attractive free agent on the market this summer.

"It's possible," he said. "I don't know what (Thomas) is going to do in the offseason. I don't know if he knows. But he can count on our support. Sure are some interesting things you guys are bringing up, Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant. Maybe we can get Kobe, Tracy (McGrady) . . . that would be some charisma, wouldn't it."

All it would take is Thomas' charisma, Dolan's millions and the Los Angeles Lakers agreeing to accept Stephon Marbury in a sign-and-trade in order to bring the best shooting guard on the planet to the Garden. Don't hold your breath.

The Knicks are prepared to move forward with Marbury, the talented point guard, as their star player and main gate attraction. Dolan even issued a strong endorsement on Marbury's behalf, admitting he had been concerned that adding Marbury in January could potentially disrupt the harmony in the locker room.

"I really like Steph but I don't want to marry him," Dolan said when asked if the franchise is wed to Marbury from a marketing standpoint. "He's a great player but in the end every decision is going to be Isiah's. We don't really ask Isiah to take into account the marketing end of things."

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1041

e_D

Benchwarmer
wow man.. it just hit me how drastically this team could change again over the offseason..

JJtheKnick

Starter
marbury is the point garud and kobe is shooting we already have a really go shooting graud allen housten wat we need is a big man

WiL8000

Rotation player
I don't want Kobe at the expense of Marbury. He has that case hanging over his head, and could even end up in jail. I'd much rather that Thomas get TMac, but still not give up Marbury by any means. I think Thomas will keep Marbury around, it wouldn't be a popular trade at all. There is more of a chance that Houston will be traded in my opinion. Thomas seems to like Crawford as well, that shows he's thinking of having someone else play SG.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
almost every fan would turn if they traded starbury. no way. unless gp leaves la, they wouldnt need marbury neway. they need a shooting guard... so wtf?

p

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
MSG would never turn agianst a talent like KOBE.NY fans have long been regarded as the smartest fans, so having a guy like Kobe would bring even more excitement than Steph would.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
but steph is the local man coming back and all. i no were smart but wed have 2 sgs. that wouldnt help unless kobe would play sf, but wat about tt? it wouldnt work unless we trade h2o. then wed have no pg again if we trade starz...

JJtheKnick

Starter
i hate that guy kobe for starbury who will play the point norris i mean hes not that bad but no a starter starbury is like the best point garud

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
6thman said:
wow are they crazy???? give them Houston but not Marbury!!

no one understands...........
they are not going to take allan houston for kobe bryant...............
kobe is 10x's better than allan houston. why would the lakers want an overpaid scrub (compared to kobe) for a great player indeed?

kevin

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
i hate that guy kobe for starbury who will play the point norris i mean hes not that bad but no a starter starbury is like the best point garud

Why would you play norris over williams

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea... as we now have three pgs, i think it is unecessary to keep all 3. lets ship moochie out in a trade. hes a good guy and the fro is hot, but he wont get much playing time unless it comes from fw.... and no1 wants that.

AJD

Benchwarmer
pyotrveliky said:
yea... as we now have three pgs, i think it is unecessary to keep all 3. lets ship moochie out in a trade. hes a good guy and the fro is hot, but he wont get much playing time unless it comes from fw.... and no1 wants that.

Good luck unloading his terrible contract.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
I believe he's gonna stay with the Lakers because he can get the max contract here.

However, if he leaves, I wouldn't blame him.

STAY IN LA KOBE!

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Kobe's not going anywhere. He has even started telling people (privately) that he's staying with the Lakers.