D'ant's subbing pattern costs Knicks another game.

mafra

Legend
This game is a perfect example of how bad D'ant is as a coach.... He played the starters the entire game yesterday.... knowing Knicks had a back-2-back.... He could have rested bodies at the end of the game.... He didn't.... Here we are with zero legs tonight.

In the 2nd.... after the Knicks started to fade... He went with Douglas-Bender-Harrington-Hughes-Lee.... These group had nothing going for them. Knicks had the chance to whip on the Nets and pull away; instead this group ran around in the mud and eventually the Nets put together a run.

Basically, Knicks lost this game b/c they didn't get people rest yesterday. You can't expect 6-8 guys to carry you through a season. I mean... come one. Hill-Darko-N8-Curry have to play at some point.

ALSO.... When can we bench Harrington? If the dude takes one more 3-pointer... let him go sit next to the DNP-CD posse.

Dude is a terrible shooter.... I would prefer to run the offense through Douglas in the post.... use Douglas & Duhon as interior BIGs.... Having AL shoot 5-7 3-pointers a game is such a waste of 7 possessions.

dude you live and die by this ish. you cannot blame the coach for this performance. They didnt show up on defense, they let a terrible team get open jumpers left and right all game long. They defended the weak side horribly, and thats all there is to it. y/ou cannot do anything on the coaching end to defy poor effort. he played the same guys in the same rotation that has led us to a game within the 8th seed, and the team just didnt show up until the fourth quarter.

hill/darko/nate/curry didnt help you go 9-5 in december, the players you saw tonight did. so I dont want to hear that curry and milicic and hill are going to be game changers. Nate can help us, but he can also kills us and the risk/reward factor is proven in that when nate plays over 15 mins a game we are 0-15 this season. sooooo. what more do you want.

I get that Mike D can do certain things, but really I dont see any other coach or any other rotation making that big of a difference when your team plays the way the knicks did tonight, which was in fact .. terrible.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Correction, Dantoni's pride cost the Knicks another game!

Look I believe it is all good with benching Nate until we start losing! Toney Douglas needs to play consitiently to be effective and the way Mike is playing him he is not going to make an impact on the game and Larry Hughes looks to be as lost as he was during the Pre Season right now....so please tell me how he can still rationalize benching Nate?

This sort of SH%T is what the Isiah regime was all about and it makes losing games so much worst!

We all know Nate needs to grow up and I think he has shown maturity in how he handled being benched.

Now it is time for Mike to swallow his pride and to let Nate play. And as much as I respect Donnie Walsh it is time for him to come off his "I don't tell my coaches who they should be playing" philosophy and tell him he needs to play a player who is eating 4 million of the payroll and who can help us win!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I must confer with mafra on the subbing. With D'Antoni, it is personal. I mean, how does he say, the other day, that he won't play a vet for 10 minutes, that if he plays Nate or Hughes he has to play them 20 minutes, and then he plays Hughes for 9 and 15 minutes, back to back?

Hughes hasn't even played well, at that. So... it is personal. And for the Gallinarians and Leeans, I wonder how you feel about a guy that could have been both the pick we had in '08 and the guy playing center for us owning David Lee?

I guess that when Lee has to go up against a real 7 footer, he gets butt-raped.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
this was a perfect game to play hill nate and darko.we can't afford to lose games like these and more often than not we are.d'ant has coached well this month but he needs to open that rotation up on a back to back.its just common ****ing sense.

johnstarky

Rotation player
How did the Knicks lose to a 2-29 team? That's a question that I will be asking myself for the next couple of months.

ANU

Starter
I must confer with mafra on the subbing. With D'Antoni, it is personal. I mean, how does he say, the other day, that he won't play a vet for 10 minutes, that if he plays Nate or Hughes he has to play them 20 minutes, and then he plays Hughes for 9 and 15 minutes, back to back.

Hughes hasn't even played well, at that. So... it is personal. And for the Gallinarians and Leeans, I wonder how you feel about a guy that could have been both the pick we had in '08 and the guy playing center for us owning David Lee?

I guess that when Lee has to go up against a real 7 footer, he gets butt-raped.
and what point does that prove? where any of those fans responsible for not drafting him? do yourself a favor.shut the **** up.you sound like an idiot.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
and what point does that prove? where any of those fans responsible for not drafting him? do yourself a favor.shut the **** up.you sound like an idiot.

You meant were any of those fans, not where. That's a homophone error, on your part. And no, you're not responsible for making GM decisions... but what's your point, stupid? I never said you were, I was speaking of fansexuals, i.e., people who worship the Walsh-Mantoni-Dalinari trio. To do that, you don't have to be responsible for GM decisions.

What's wrong, I hit a nerve? Are you, or have you ever been, a Galino Dallinari sexual? Are you a Dike Mantoni lover? Maybe that's why you're mad.

128679892870251417.jpg

ANU

Starter
still haven't answered the question.were any of those fans responsible for drafting him? no they weren't.go molest your grandma faggot.