Deal Turned Down

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The NJ Nets offered Rafor Alston and Tony Battie for Nate and Darko. Some mixed reports. One said Donnie turned it down another said Nate rejected the trade.

Thoughts?

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
That is just a horrible trade, 24 year olds for 33 year olds players! That has to be the dumbest trade idea I ever heard, wow...:****off:

iSaYughh

Starter
Disgusting trade. I pray this was rejected bc of Walsh, not by N8. I pray this isn't the sign of the leverage Walsh & Co. can be expected to wield as we desperately attempt to get rid of Jeffries.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Rafer Alston is washed up. He is shooting 34.4% from the field. Thank god he didn't do that.

pat

Starter
good that it did not amount to something. How would that have helped come 2010 or now?

Paul1355

All Star
The NJ Nets offered Rafor Alston and Tony Battie for Nate and Darko. Some mixed reports. One said Donnie turned it down another said Nate rejected the trade.

Thoughts?
I have always like Rafer....NY street ball kid who would love to opportunity to play with the Knicks.

Yet I know Nate is better than Rafer skill wise. Rafer is more of a leader and mature player and maybe thats why his name was even involved in this.

Tony Battie is a decent player. If your never going to play Darko, you might as well use him to get a decent veteran Center.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ok, some more news...

Apparently Donnie shot down the Nets Deal.

Another deal was in the works. Nate to Memphis for Marcus Williams and a pick. Nate is the one that shot down this deal.

mafra

Legend
I read this morning how N8 vetoed a trade to Memphis. Knicks would have brought back Marcus Williams (PG) and a draft pick.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I wonder what the pick from Memphis was. If it was a 1st rounder, unprotected, for this year, I would be pissed. A late lottery pick plus our two 2nd rounders could have been traded up to get a high lottery pick.

Traded to NJ for John Wall?!? They already have an All-Star PG.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Maybe the Nets figured D'Antoni is in love with playing back-up PGs entire games so they thought Donnie would bite.

pat

Starter
Tony Battie is a decent player. If your never going to play Darko, you might as well use him to get a decent veteran Center.

If Darko is not what D'Antoni is looking for in a center, Battie is even less so. Therefore, the deal would essentially have been Nate for Alston. I would only do that if an unprotected 1st rounder is involved.