KNICKS LOOKING TO ADD.... Pet Mickeal

mafra

Legend
KNICKS LOOKING TO ADD.... Pete Mickeal

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/mickeal/

KNICKS CALLING

I was very surprised to hear this week that the Knicks have inquired about my situation with FC Barcelona. Or maybe not so much. I go way back with the Knicks. On draft day, they traded for me. I had a great experience being there with Latrell Sprewell, Glen Rice, Chris Childs, Larry Johnson?

Maybe I was closer to Spree and Childs, although Johnson was like a big brother to me. I actually I had Christmas dinner with him and his family. That was a big learning experience thing for me. You know, I was in the NBA, I was alone and Larry Johnson helped me out. He actually bought me 20 suits because coach Jeff Van Gundy said I needed to wear suits at games. I wasn?t playing at the time. Coach said I was a rookie and I had to wait my turn. I had guys like Sprewell, who I spent time with playing PlayStation, playing Madden and NBA Live? Marcus Camby joined too.

I had a good time there. For them to inquire about me, it?s not the same as another team doing it. If another team does that, they don?t know me as well as the Knicks. Some of people at the front office that traded to get me, they?re still there. Of course I would have liked to get some playing time. I could never showcase my game, but you know, I understand that I was only 22 and Sprewell and Rice were playing in front of me. Those guys were making like $15 million a year. I just did my work everyday. I got to gym early, I left the gym late.

That year, although I was not playing, just watching those great players play, really helped my game. Playing with them at practice, I learned a lot. They were so talented, so smart. It was such a veteran team. The year before they got to the Finals and lost to the Spurs.

Knowing that they have expressed interest is a different feeling. If it was some other team, I wouldn?t really have any feelings about it. But it?s New York. And I never really got the chance to play there. Playing for a great college team at Cincinnati, being an All-American? And all of a sudden, I don?t play. You can?t understand that. It?s not that I couldn?t play. I just never got the chance. I got encouraging words: ?Wait your turn, your time will come.?

Well, it has come. It didn?t come in the NBA, but it has come and I?m very happy where I am at right now. As far as the Knicks inquiring about me, I?m here in Spain playing for FC Barcelona and it?s my focus. Everything else is business. That?s why I have agents. Inquiring about me is one thing. Actually having me on their team? That?s not easy. But you never know.

===============

Kahn (Newsday) mentioned this in his blog (Knicks Fix). This guy is one of top-10 American players in Europe right now. He's playing at a "high" level. He was a top prospect from CIN.

Anyway.... does this mean Knicks have finally been granted an open roster spot (to replace Cutino Mobley) or are they about to make a trade?

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Maybe cuz he has yet to play a game in NBA. Loooool.

Is this news (actually a blog post) deserving a thread ?

mafra

Legend
Maybe cuz he has yet to play a game in NBA. Loooool.

Is this news (actually a blog post) deserving a thread ?

NEWSDAY is reporting it as well.... Point is: Knicks on the verge of doing something? A trade or just an open roster spot (C-MObley)?

richtree

Rotation player
pete-mickeal-1-0708.jpg

I thought he deserves a pic in the thread. He was a very versitile player at cinncy. 6-7 played insided and out.

I think he played at JC for 2 years before Cinncy.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I need to see his stats in Barcelona. If he's truly killing it over there then he's worth a look. But then again, if he was making so much noise wouldn't other teams be inquiring as well?

I'll just igonore this for now.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I believe he's putting up about 16 a game on very good shooting numbers, only 7 shot attempts per game for his 16, 88% free throws and in the 60s from the field and from deep (though it looks like he only takes about 1 three per game)