Rockets want Hill or Douglas

smokes

Huge Member
A source told Marc Berman that the Rockets' GM Daryl Morey is interested in either of the Knicks' two rookie draft picks -- Jordan Hill or Toney Douglas -- in exchange for Tracy McGrady.

But Morey indicated that it could be difficult to find a match between the two teams.

"There might not be a fit with New York because their goals don't necessarily meet our goals," Morey said. "I think they like him but there's an issue of fit."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...s_want_hill_or_douglas_from_knicks_for_t_mac/

To be honest, I would give up Hill in a second if we could package Curry's contract into the mix. If they don't want to take Curry or JJ though I don't think there's a deal to be done.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Tough one.Douglas obviously has shown more, but he's also got the playing time.Hill looked good when he got the time.So I dunno.I'd definitely say no to trading Douglas, but I don't know if he has it in him to be a PG and not just a SG.I rather just sign Nate again as SG if that was the case.

p0nder

Starter
if t-mac comes here for one of those, what's the line up?

duhon
t-mac
gallo
jefferies
lee

I could see that being a good fit. Hughes, nate, jefferies and harrington off the bench... seems pretty competitive to me... assuming t-mac is as healthy as he says he is.

smokes

Huge Member
if t-mac comes here for one of those, what's the line up?

duhon
t-mac
gallo
jefferies
lee

I could see that being a good fit. Hughes, nate, jefferies and harrington off the bench... seems pretty competitive to me... assuming t-mac is as healthy as he says he is.

Well no... We would have to give them Harrington or Hughes along with Jefferies/Curry to make the salaries stack up, remember t-mac is on a 24 million deal.

As far as lineups go we would improve with t-mac pretty much whatever trade we made... IF he's healthy. But the main thing about this is to shed salary. If we dropped Curry's salary it would set us up incredible for 2010. Also we could resign t-mac on the cheap in 2010 if we are landing some big FAs.

2010 Lineup of:

Lebron
T-mac
Gallo
Jefferies
Lee

Chandler, Douglas and some randoms off the bench. Now that's a nice D'antoni team. Especially with Douglas sharing ballhandling duties with tmac/gallo/lebron wherever he comes in to the lineup, not too much pressure for a young guard.

Starks

Starter
I can't believe Tmac is getting paid 24 million this season. I Think these cartoonish contracts are going to be thing of the past in this economy.

What I wish the NBA can do, as writer Jason Whitlock mentioned, is cut down on salaries and reward players with commission for winning games.

mafra

Legend
First of all, there's not much here to go on.... Sure, they covet one of our rookies... OF COURSE. T-Mac is giving them nothing, while Hill & Douglas are cheap kis with a possible future.

BUT... there's no way you can trade a guy making 700K for a dude making 24M.

SO.... if you're asking me, would I trade Hill or Douglas? Sure. I would.

If you ask me which one I would rather keep? My answer would be Jordan Hill. He's the perfect center for Mike D's style. 6"10' with a sweat jumper. Douglas is a good player who plays defense.... but small tweener-guards are a dime a dozen. Chances are he'll have a better NBA career... be a nice role player.... But IF HIll makes it, he'll be a special player... way more than a role player.

NOW... would I trade either for T-Mac? Why do we want/need T-mac? Al Harrington is better right now. SO, if we have to trade Harrington PLUS a rookie for T-Mac? Is it really worth doing this just to dump Jared Jeffries? I don't think so.

PLUS, Harrington is an asset that might get us something worth while, which will help us in 2010 (Tyrus Thomas, a PG, a draft pick).

SO.... I have to know more.... Are we getting a PG from HOU?

Basically, the only way I answer this question with a emphatic YES, is if we are dumping Curry.

paris401

Starter
I can't believe Tmac is getting paid 24 million this season. I Think these cartoonish contracts are going to be thing of the past in this economy.

i agree 'most' of these contracts are gone... but 'bron will command n get one, n maybe dwade too...

and as long as there are owners with deep pockets like the dolans, n cuban who employ mormons (layden) or morons (thomas), we'll see max contracts, but less of em...

tiger0330

Legend
Not sure why they would want Hill, they have two pretty good PFs in Scola and Landry. Scola and Landry are different players also, one is a hi production cagy vet and the other is a young athlete. Why would they want Hill.

And Douglas, Brooks and Lowry are pretty good PGs. I wouldn't mind having Lowry, he's a FA this year. I bet we could pick him up for less than the MLE Dubum is making.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
If he's not going to get playing time, why the hell not trade him?

Personally though, I do still want to see what we have in this kid...

Exactly! And it is not like me to give up on a first-round draft pick, considering ive been blaming Isiah for trading all ours away. But Jordan Hill rotting on the bench sort of reminds me of Darko Milicic and Detroit. Difference was they were really good, and we are struggling for the playoffs. If he keeps racking DNP's I'd much rather put him to better use by getting rid of our fattest bench warmer. Wasn't it only two years ago that Eddy Curry was a budding superstar? My oh my what Mcdonalds and no work ethic can do to people lol.

ANU

Starter
the rockets are delusional and using hill to get rid of curry is just dumb.curry is going to expire after next season.at 10 mill a pop with an expire contract, he'll be valuable trade chip by next season's deadline.why the hell would you give a up a young player for more capspace, when you'll get more capspace after next season? the ones that need to get traded are lee and harrington.al won't be re-signed, and lee will just walk on us when the nets offer him 12 mill cause nobody wants to play for them.we can't offered to let lee walk and we can't afford to pay him what he'll wan't.if we can get a young center like mcgee for harrington+nate or lee, and a rudy Fernandez for a lee or harrington, I'm all for it.

we'd have a young promising core of fernandez-gallinari-hill-mcgee with only a pg spot to fill.

smokes

Huge Member
the rockets are delusional and using hill to get rid of curry is just dumb.curry is going to expire after next season.at 10 mill a pop with an expire contract, he'll be valuable trade chip by next season's deadline.why the hell would you give a up a young player for more capspace, when you'll get more capspace after next season? the ones that need to get traded are lee and harrington.al won't be re-signed, and lee will just walk on us when the nets offer him 12 mill cause nobody wants to play for them.we can't offered to let lee walk and we can't afford to pay him what he'll wan't.if we can get a young center like mcgee for harrington+nate or lee, and a rudy Fernandez for a lee or harrington, I'm all for it.

we'd have a young promising core of fernandez-gallinari-hill-mcgee with only a pg spot to fill.

But if we dump Hill and Curry we can keep Lee and get Lebron.

I like your thinking about going after a young C like Mcgee but I don't think it's stupid to use Hill to dump Curry.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer

I like your thinking about going after a young C like Mcgee but I don't think it's stupid to use Hill to dump Curry.

i would like to get a younger center as well... but the only flaw in this logic is.. remember Smokes Lee likes to ask for a lot of money.. granted the economy is horrible but he is doing better this year than he was last years so do you think he will want more or what? If he played defense then he would be worth what he is asking but he doesn't..

ANU

Starter

i want a championship more than anything.i don't see any frontline that lee is/will be apart of as a championship caliber frontline.his d is ass.I'm tired of waiting for this dude to turn into a decent defender.he's not that now, so imagine when he gets his money.I'd rather wait on hill who all ready has shown some 2-way ability much like chandler, and who is on a rookie contract.

lee has reached his peak as a player, and though he's a nice offenisve player, he is an incomplete player.10+ mill for a nice offensive player is a dumb move imo.david is this teams troy murphy.

its not a given by any means that we get lebron.its not.anyone who assumes other wise is just fooling themselves.i don't understand why people are willing to deal hill when he hasn't gotten enough time.we don't know what we have.what if he ends up being a bosh type that everyone hopes and thinks he can be? we gave him up to keep our troy murphy.lets not get carried away with the drunkard's(duhon) gold on this one.

smokes

Huge Member
i would like to get a younger center as well... but the only flaw in this logic is.. remember Smokes Lee likes to ask for a lot of money.. granted the economy is horrible but he is doing better this year than he was last years so do you think he will want more or what? If he played defense then he would be worth what he is asking but he doesn't..

Well its Lee's agent that likes to ask for a lot of money not Lee. If he wants to stay in NY and we're looking like we're going to sign a superstar he will take less. If he doesn't he will move on and we'll use that 10~ mill to sign someone else. Either way dumping Curry before free agency can only help us in my opinion.

ANU

Starter
Well its Lee's agent that likes to ask for a lot of money not Lee. If he wants to stay in NY and we're looking like we're going to sign a superstar he will take less. If he doesn't he will move on and we'll use that 10~ mill to sign someone else. Either way dumping Curry before free agency can only help us in my opinion.
lebron is the only free agent that matters.we'll have enough space to sign him.if we don't sign him then we wait till the following year to sign melo.just cause you get more capsace doesn't mean you go spending it like a fat kid in a candy store.
and come on man.lee's agent is asking for more money? for who? for lee.lee's getting paid.its simple he's the client, he gets what he asks for.lee needs to get traded if we can get something that'll benefit this team in the long run.

smokes

Huge Member
lebron is the only free agent that matters.we'll have enough space to sign him.if we don't sign him then we wait till the following year to sign melo.just cause you get more capsace doesn't mean you go spending it like a fat kid in a candy store.
and come on man.lee's agent is asking for more money? for who? for lee.lee's getting paid.its simple he's the client, he gets what he asks for.lee needs to get traded if we can get something that'll benefit this team in the long run.

Yeah we will have enough space to sign him but what do you think is more attractive to lure him here, Eddy Curry or 10 million to spend on another stud?

You should know agents throw around stupidly high figures for their clients. Anthony Randolph 12 million? Come on. Lee is a 10 million player even with his current numbers he has too many defensive shortcomings to be looking at much more. Sure if he goes elsewhere he could get 12 but if he wants to play in NY (which he should after his years here) he should take a hometown discount.

Anyway as I said in my last post I'm all for trading Lee if we get something valuable back for him. But I don't see why you think we can. His contract is only 7 million its not a massive expiring and wherever he goes they will have him only for half a season guaranteed. He just isn't that valuable as a trade chip right now imo.

ANU

Starter
Yeah we will have enough space to sign him but what do you think is more attractive to lure him here, Eddy Curry or 10 million to spend on another stud?

You should know agents throw around stupidly high figures for their clients. Anthony Randolph 12 million? Come on. Lee is a 10 million player even with his current numbers he has too many defensive shortcomings to be looking at much more. Sure if he goes elsewhere he could get 12 but if he wants to play in NY (which he should after his years here) he should take a hometown discount.

Anyway as I said in my last post I'm all for trading Lee if we get something valuable back for him. But I don't see why you think we can. His contract is only 7 million its not a massive expiring and wherever he goes they will have him only for half a season guaranteed. He just isn't that valuable as a trade chip right now imo.
portland's frontline is thin.the wizards want to clean house.those are two teams that have assets we could use.rudy fernandez, outlaw, and steve blake will all be on the block now that bayles is coming into his own.i'd target mcgee then Fernandez.if we can come away with mcgee while still retaining hill gallo and chandler, we are set for the future.

rumor has it the timberwolves want to get rid of jefferson.they have a hole at the sg-sf spot.maybe now that chandler has been showing he's got a pretty good future ahead of him, and the fact that they have as good a shot as any at drafting wall, they'd be willing to move rubio.

rubio
james
gallinari
hill
mcgee

would be a pretty amazing and young squad.i'd refrain from calling it a dynasty, but you get the picture.and we wouldn't have pay 10+ mill to more than one player for the next 3 seasons.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
McGrady is crippled, why would we trade any of our young players for him. We need to develop Douglas and Hill along with the Gallinari and Chandler. Those 4 players are our future come at a cheap price. What are we the ****ing 1992 Mets?