Sign Nate next season?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
First off, yes, I'm a fan of him.He's my favorite current Knick.So if you think I'm being biased, I might be, I might not.Say he doesn't get any offers and much consideration from any other team, would you sign him for a price that in no way negatively effects our cap?He's still young and talented.He's useful for sparks.Love him or hate him, is he worthy enough for you to sign him for a low price?ESPECIALLY if Duhon is the only available guard next season.

King Ewing

Banned
First off, yes, I'm a fan of him.He's my favorite current Knick.So if you think I'm being biased, I might be, I might not.Say he doesn't get any offers and much consideration from any other team, would you sign him for a price that in no way negatively effects our cap?He's still young and talented.He's useful for sparks.Love him or hate him, is he worthy enough for you to sign him for a low price?ESPECIALLY if Duhon is the only available guard next season.

No, no, no and NO!

The only thing Nate can be in the league is a 6th man. I've watched enough of Nate to know that he's not a PG, and he's not a SG, he's a 6th man, a PG-SG combo that should come off the bench.

And Nates not coming back, Walsh wont be bring him back, and that should be clear by now.

Hopefully we can bring David Lee back, and still land two more big name free agents.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Chris DuDonkey is to important. 6 years 100 mil, no room for nate on this team.

In all seriousness, I doubt we resign Nate. Hes just not consistent.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I'd actually like to see him traded before free agency for a decent PG. Get the new floor general in early for a debriefing on our offense.

It kind of amazes me that Nate has an obvious inability to run the point. His handle is questionable as well as his passing which is strange for a sub 6 footer.

So no. Nate's had some great moments, but I'd prefer a decent PG or a reliable, defensive minded, consistent roll player as opposed to Nate's manic tendency to be awesome one night and woeful the next.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I would love to re-sign Nate as the sixth man. Seriously, if Jordan Hill steps up his game and becomes a poor man's Chris Bosh, wouldn't a lineup next year of

Hill, Lee, Gallo, Chandler and LeBron and Nate as the sixth man.

How good could that team be under Mike D'Antoni?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nate's OK. If we can't get something good for him in a trade, then we could consider re-signing him to a cheap deal since he loves the attention in New York and he'd probably take a pretty cheap salary to stay here

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont sleep on Nate....like so many did with Ariza & Lee

I doubt if Nate will want to return to the Knicks next season, after the strangler hold this offseason as a restricted FA.....the Knick organization is still a mess, a quiet mess than Isiah, but a mess.

Trading Nate to any Eastern Conference Team (Washington Wizards to replace Arenas) would not be in the best interest of the Knicks.
Nate has gained a 2nd & 3rd wind that luv to spark-up the Garden.

Knick-Fans really do not want to see Nate Robinson as the next team starting-PG or backup-PG....Nate's first and second season in the league his pick n role worked well consistently with Ariza, Frye, Lee, and Balkman.
Can Nate break-down a defense? anytime he is giving the green-light.
Is Nate happy with the way coach Dantoni has been getting into his teammates head? hell no! between his new child-born and the Knicks signing bonus he is evaluating his time in New York (the long summer wait for his resigning knocked off the few endorsements that planned on signing him, and the 14 game DNP closed all deals.).

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
^ (benched for 14 games)

Yeah, what happened there? It was all kept pretty in house wasn't it? I'm still unsure? And it's not like you get benched for nothing. I saw how much D'Antoni hated that 3 in NJ.... But obviously that doesn't warrant 14 games on the pine.