Knicks fans, Get the Trade Machine going: Celtics want Nate!

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Two of the four players we would acquire would have to be waived or we could just waive Darko and Larry Hughes to make the room for all four, either way DJ Augistine is the prize in this deal.

Naturally you have to wonder if Charlotte would feel that they are being fairly compensated for a good young PG like Augistine, that said Glen Davis gives them a player who has been on winning teams and would give some much needed low post scoring for them. Toney Douglas isnt a Larry Brown type PG -to say the least- but he has the type of heart Brown does like.

And if Boston likes Nate....there he is!

dont we already have a young team that can improve as they age together.

hill gallo chandler lee douglas, you act like these dudes are in their 30s we are one of the younger teams in the league, and already a star away from being a contender for the next 5-6 seasons.

I am not throwing lee away just to get rid of nate for an aging sheed thats just stupid. how did it turn into this

it will be a nate for eddie house and a 2nd rnd pick. or nate and jefferies for scalabrine and house and a 2nd pick.

stop going over board.

smokes

Huge Member
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjln7my

Knicks trade:

Lee, Jefferies, Robinson.

Celtics trade:

Daniels, Scalabrine, Sheed, Allen, Big Baby.

Portland trade:

Blake, Webster, Fernandez, Outlaw, Bayless.

Knicks save $3m going in to next year even after acquiring 5 players.

^
1. We avoid this nightmare. (haven't done ALL the math so could be wrong) But we do save approx $3m to add another body next year.

2. We get a young, cheap back court in Bayless + Fernandez who have a lot of upsides to their games.

3. We would have no reason to re-sign Duhon.

4. We can flag Scalabrine, Daniels & Outlaw at the end of the year.

6. We don't lose David Lee for nothing. In my eyes, that'd be a real tragedy.

5. It's not a one eyed deal. Everybody benefits here.

★The Blazers get some big bodies and they def need them.

★Boston gets Nate and a good roll player in Jefferies. Blake adds the presence of a real PG in House's stead. Webster replaces Daniels absence at the SF.

This roster provides us with 7 able bodies going in to 2010-11 as opposed to six. And at this stage, the starting 5 looks like this:

1 - Bayless
2 - Fernandez
3 - Chandler
4 - Gallo
5 - Hill

With a bench of Curry and Douglas. Finally a young team that can only improve their team game as they age together.

We then have $30m to add 5 players to our roster to meet the league minimum.

That was a mission. It's nothing special, but not too bad.

I'm not really sure what you're projected scenario is here, but if you think the celtics are going to give up 3 guys that are heavyset into their rotation for Jefferies and Nate you got to be out of your mind. Not trying to bitch on you here but that ain't gonna happen in any universe!

With that said, I still can't believe the celtics seriously want Nate... they must have a thing for Knicks PG's who get exiled.

EDIT - ah my bad couldnt get the link up there to work... not a bad trade in the end.

Last edited:

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjln7my

Knicks trade:

Lee, Jefferies, Robinson.

Celtics trade:

Daniels, Scalabrine, Sheed, Allen, Big Baby.

Portland trade:

Blake, Webster, Fernandez, Outlaw, Bayless.

Knicks save $3m going in to next year even after acquiring 5 players.

^
1. We avoid this nightmare. (haven't done ALL the math so could be wrong) But we do save approx $3m to add another body next year.

2. We get a young, cheap back court in Bayless + Fernandez who have a lot of upsides to their games.

3. We would have no reason to re-sign Duhon.

4. We can flag Scalabrine, Daniels & Outlaw at the end of the year.

6. We don't lose David Lee for nothing. In my eyes, that'd be a real tragedy.

5. It's not a one eyed deal. Everybody benefits here.

★The Blazers get some big bodies and they def need them.

★Boston gets Nate and a good roll player in Jefferies. Blake adds the presence of a real PG in House's stead. Webster replaces Daniels absence at the SF.

This roster provides us with 7 able bodies going in to 2010-11 as opposed to six. And at this stage, the starting 5 looks like this:

1 - Bayless
2 - Fernandez
3 - Chandler
4 - Gallo
5 - Hill

With a bench of Curry and Douglas. Finally a young team that can only improve their team game as they age together.

We then have $30m to add 5 players to our roster to meet the league minimum.

That was a mission. It's nothing special, but not too bad.

Dont forget one thing: DAVID LEE is playing like an ALL STAR, and Jared Jeffries is probably one of the only guys who plays very good defense in our team.

Trust me: if it wasnt for those two guys we wouldnt win those games that we won.

So u really have to be careful especially about LEE. Lee is more productive that all of those guys you included in the trade.

If you told me to trade LEE for ALDRIGE or Rajon Rondo than I would consider it :)

Blas

Benchwarmer
Boston is not taking on jefferies or curry to get Nate.

Lets be real here, it isn't going to happen.

The best we can hope for is maybe a 2nd round pick with any trash they have to match salaries.

If it can include Daniels that would be great.

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea my sticking point would be Jefferies. I'd hate to help the Celtics but if the best defensive team in the league added Jefferies to their bench their defense would be rediculous.

In the grand scheme of things the Celtics have absolutely no cap room to sign anybody next year so maybe they'd consider Jefferies.

I wouldn't touch Sheed with a 10 foot poll but i'd be more then willing to trade Nate and JJ for whatever garbage expiring they have.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Renovations

I'm not really sure what you're projected scenario is here, but if you think the celtics are going to give up 3 guys that are heavyset into their rotation for Jefferies and Nate you got to be out of your mind. Not trying to bitch on you here but that ain't gonna happen in any universe!

With that said, I still can't believe the celtics seriously want Nate... they must have a thing for Knicks PG's who get exiled.

EDIT - ah my bad couldnt get the link up there to work... not a bad trade in the end.

No you were right. Having looked at it again, I did jip the Celtics. Kind of thoughtlessly to be honest. I was blinded by the thought of losing Jefferies anal contract. So fair enough.

I went back and had another look, and came up with the following...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yk5dzhk

Celtics deal: Scalabrine, Daniels, Big Baby, Tony Allen, Giddens, Walker and House.

Portland deals: Miller, Bayless, Fernandez and Outlaw.

NY deals: Lee, Jefferies, Nate, Landry.

Celtics Add: Miller, Jefferies, Nate and Landry.

Portland Adds: Lee, Big Baby, Tony Allen, Giddens (waive) and Walker.

NY Adds: Bayless, Fernandez, Outlaw, House (waive), Scalabrine (waive), Daniels (waive?). All Celtic's players acquired have contracts ending this year.

-Celtics Cons: Less players over all. Lose 7 add 4. Can potentially add vets mid season though. Also void of a reliable second SF.

Celtics Pros: Second unit consists of: Sheed, Jefferies, Nate, Miller. Arguably the best bench in the league bar LA.

Hollinger's Analysis: -1 win

-Portland Cons: None really! They come out smelling like a rose after a bastard year of injuries. Their pros kind of speak for themselves.

Hollinger's Analysis: -6 wins. Can't see why to be honest.

-Knicks Cons: Losing Lee. Obviously. Playoff hopes pretty much dissolve. Team chemistry is shot. We still have Duhon. Lose Garden fave in Robinson.

Knicks Pros: Save $3m as well as having an extra body going in to the off-season. Have a very young core. Bayless can replace Duhon. Get a real 2 guard. Have the option to re-sign Outlaw adding yet another athletic, big body next season. All Celtics acquired have expiring contracts. Hill and Douglas suddenly have an opportunity to get PT.

Hollinger's Analysis: -19 wins. ****ing hell!

Knicks signed on players after this year:

Bayless
Douglas
Fernandez
Chandler
Gallo
Outlaw (perhaps)
Hill
Curry

Whether or not the scenario's realistic, I doubt highly.

Has any team ever traded 7 players at once? Even if on paper they become better?
But even the Celtics must admit, their window of opportunity is closing.

Whatever, using the trade machine was pretty cool.

Last edited:

dave2138

Rotation player
If the Knicks could get 1 of Rudy Fernandez, Bayless or Outlaw for David Lee, Jefferies + Nate it would be one of the best trades in Knicks history. Asking for all 3 + some valuable bench players from the Celtics is not going to happen.

Best case scenario like someone else said is to get a 2nd round pick or hopefully future 1st round pick from the Celtics from Nate.

richtree

Rotation player

Portland Adds: Lee, Big Baby, Tony Allen, Giddens (waive) and Walker.

quote]

Portland gets Lee whos contract is up? and gives up some of the most sought after trade bait in Fernadez, Bayless, and Outlaw?

Portland is getting nothing in return and will lose in their guard play and overall team depth just to get David Lee to backup Aldridge?

This makes no sense.

The problem is that the Celtics have a lot of old aging players that the Knicks don't want.

I agree that a third team would have to be involved or the Knicks could simply dump Nate for the Celtics first round pick and Tony Allen.

There really isn't potential to dump slarary here unless a third team is involved. Glen Davis is the only piece that the Celtics have that is cheap and signed to next season.

The Knicks actually look good and I do believe we could make a playoff run if we could get a point guard or an intertior force.

Hopefully, Hughes will be bought out and we can add one player to get in as the 7th or 8th seed.

p0nder

Starter
I don't know where portland came into the picture here...

I think if the Celtics were looking for Lee they would of mentioned him along side of Nate

So... with Curry off the table Jefferies is the contract we want to move and we will ONLY take expiring contracts/draft picks in return. Lets get our feet back on the ground here...

abcd's trade:
Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries
for
Brian Scalebrine, Bill Walker, Eddie house, and Tony Allen

Seems the most likely.

dave2138

Rotation player
How about Nate + Knicks 2nd round pick for Scalabrine + Celtics 1st round pick. - Move up 10-12 spots in the draft.

dave2138

Rotation player
so much for that rumor...

What?s with the Celts and Nate Robinson?

In light of rumors regarding the Celtics? interest in Knicks guard Nate Robinson, C?s coach Doc Rivers said today that he has no knowledge of any such deal.
?I?ve been amazed that when a name pops up how much it can catch on with people,?said Rivers. ?I just want to get the team that we actually have here together.?

Earlier today, a league source close to both sides of the situation shot down the rumors that the Celtics have renewed talks with the Knicks concerning their disgruntled veteran guard.
?Don?t waste your time,? said the source. ?The Knicks are looking for quite a bit for him.?
The source said that both sides did have discussions earlier this season but that nothing came of it.
Robinson?s agent, Aaron Goodwin, denied any knowledge of these discussions. ?If anyone would know, I think it would be me,? he said.
Added Rivers, ?Everybody talked to (Knicks GM) Donnie Walsh at some point this year about the kid because he wasn?t playing.?

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...01/20/whats-with-the-celts-and-nate-robinson/