D'ant & Walsh like Jordan Hill's recent success

p0nder

Starter
Hill's Game is on the Rise
Rookie Jordan Hill has been in the rotation over the previous two games and he continues to impress the two men responsible for selecting him with the sixth overall pick in last June?s NBA Draft.

?I think that when he?s had an opportunity to play he?s played very well,? Knicks president Donnie Walsh said after Wednesday?s practice. ?He?s had an opportunity to play in the last two games and I thought he gave a good account of himself. It doesn?t surprise me because I watch him working out and I?ve seen what he?s done.

?He?s a very good athlete, he?s very active around the basket and he has good low-post moves. But what has surprised me is how he has extended his shooting range. In college, he shot in the lane a lot and he was a good shooter. Now, he?s shooting further out and he shows a lot of confidence in the way he?s playing.

?He?s going to make a mistake because he?s a rookie and he?s going to have to learn how to go in there against guys with big bodies and be able to rebound the ball. But every rookie has to learn that. I was happy to see him get the time and he played well so maybe he?ll earn more time.?

Hill averaged 6.0 points and 3.5 rebounds during last weekend?s home-and-home set against the Detroit Pistons after playing in just 12 of the first 39 games this season.

Coach Mike D?Antoni believes the 6-foot-10 forward has finally earned some spot minutes and could increase Hill?s playing time if he continues to improve each day in practice and games.

?He?ll be in and out and play five minutes here and five minutes there, but we?ll see,? D?Antoni said. ?If he keeps improving and keeps doing well, obviously his minutes will improve also.

?His intensity of doing things is a lot better and that?s the main thing. He?s slowing his game down a little bit on offense and he?s showing he can shoot. So now it?s just a matter of getting some quality time, which he will and has been, as long as everything keeps going pretty well. But it?s been positive for sure.?

I watched those games and Hill has been vastly improved and is bringing intensity (something the Knicks need). I think this is pretty positive for everyone and we should see more minutes for Hill going forward!

:gony:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
It`s good to see Jordan Hill playing and doing well. Hopefully he can get a few more minutes each game and really start to prove his worth.

I`m sure that if we have patience with him he will prove to be a good pick.

ANU

Starter
Coach Mike D?Antoni believes the 6-foot-10 forward has finally earned some spot minutes and could increase Hill?s playing time if he continues to improve each day in practice and games.

?He?ll be in and out and play five minutes here and five minutes there, but we?ll see,? D?Antoni said. ?If he keeps improving and keeps doing well, obviously his minutes will improve also.

mike needs to get punched in the face.

richtree

Rotation player
Hill is playin better but still developin/

Is more the case that Bender is out of shape too.

Bender can contribute if he can play alot in the summer and get back to game shape...

Hill's defense and strength was the question and still is.

Thats why if Mikey D played matchups with his bench players he would seem to get more success out of the rotation.

Sometimes you need offense -- insert hill

Sometims you need a post defender -- insert bender

Sometimes Nate goes nuts, bench him insert Douglas.

etc.....

rotations could change as long as you have a game plan.

Props to Hill for showing his game is developing while not getting much minutes.

johnstarky

Rotation player
It's good to know that Mike D'antoni is finally playing Renaldo Bosh.It would of been a wasted season had he continued to be the Knicks overall leader in bench minutes.Hopefully our coach doesn't decide to give him the Nate Robinson/Larry Hughes treatment after he has a bad game.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice to see him finally cracking the rotation dude brings energy everytime out and in all situations of the game, whether were leading or losing, comes with his best and gives us a shot in the arm. His jumper has come a ways since the start of the season and his defensive intensity on every defensive stand

iSaYughh

Starter
Hopefully a sign Jeffries is for sure going to be gone soon, and Hill is getting his game-time minutes worked up to what will soon be starter-level.

I wonder what D'Ant will do with th C/PF slots between Hill and Lee (this season, and next season, assuming Lee stays and Hill isn't traded).

One reason it's vital Hill play well -- AND play this season, is that he can be vital in our trade options for a PG (or C) after this season. The options for PG's and C's should be plentiful for us as the season comes to a close.

Flynn/Rubio/Augustin/Harris/etc., re: PG.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Hill is playin better but still developin/

Is more the case that Bender is out of shape too.

Bender can contribute if he can play alot in the summer and get back to game shape...

Hill's defense and strength was the question and still is.

Thats why if Mikey D played matchups with his bench players he would seem to get more success out of the rotation.

Sometimes you need offense -- insert hill

Sometims you need a post defender -- insert bender

Sometimes Nate goes nuts, bench him insert Douglas.

etc.....

rotations could change as long as you have a game plan.

Props to Hill for showing his game is developing while not getting much minutes.

+1 Great post. You clearly get it.

Dantoni is not a good game manager. Your either in his rotation or not. There is no middle ground with him. He's disgusting (sorry if I offend any Dantoni lovers)

ANU

Starter
and who told you i was a d'antoni fan? I'm a knick fan.mike d'antoni couldn't careless about hills development.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Hill= BUST 1st Year

Hill's Game is on the Rise
Rookie Jordan Hill has been in the rotation over the previous two games and he continues to impress the two men responsible for selecting him with the sixth overall pick in last June?s NBA Draft.

?I think that when he?s had an opportunity to play he?s played very well,? Knicks president Donnie Walsh said after Wednesday?s practice. ?He?s had an opportunity to play in the last two games and I thought he gave a good account of himself. It doesn?t surprise me because I watch him working out and I?ve seen what he?s done.

?He?s a very good athlete, he?s very active around the basket and he has good low-post moves. But what has surprised me is how he has extended his shooting range. In college, he shot in the lane a lot and he was a good shooter. Now, he?s shooting further out and he shows a lot of confidence in the way he?s playing.

?He?s going to make a mistake because he?s a rookie and he?s going to have to learn how to go in there against guys with big bodies and be able to rebound the ball. But every rookie has to learn that. I was happy to see him get the time and he played well so maybe he?ll earn more time.?

Hill averaged 6.0 points and 3.5 rebounds during last weekend?s home-and-home set against the Detroit Pistons after playing in just 12 of the first 39 games this season.

?His intensity of doing things is a lot better and that?s the main thing. He?s slowing his game down a little bit on offense and he?s showing he can shoot. So now it?s just a matter of getting some quality time, which he will and has been, as long as everything keeps going pretty well. But it?s been positive for sure.?

I watched those games and Hill has been vastly improved and is bringing intensity (something the Knicks need). I think this is pretty positive for everyone and we should see more minutes for Hill going forward!

:gony:

Your top pick should be on the floor, first year, 20 minutes plus, on the team like the Knicks.
Sure they like him, they screwed up and picked him.
Would not play with other top players at combines?
Not known as a hard worker.
Only 4-6 years playing the game. Was not allowed to play some in high school, including a full year due to GPA.
Look at other players minutes around him, look at Knicks talent pool at that height? Think we got what we should of? Nope