Any chance of trades before deadline?

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Does anybody think that the Knicks will trade anyone before the deadline? I`m wondering if the Knicks will make any moves. I would think that trying to find a point guard should be an absolute priority before the deadline. what do you all think?

We all know that we desperately need a point guard but we also know that no matter how badly Duhon plays he is going to be our starting point guard every game.

GetRealistic

Starter
I think they'll be a trade/trades but i don't see any trade that dramticly improves our team. I still believe Jefferies is going to be dealt. I see Nate, Harrington, Hill, or Chandler being part of the deal to move Jefferies contract.

As bad as it sounds our best bet is to probably lose games so Donnie and D'Antoni realize we won't be making the playoffs. And when that happens they'd be willing to deal some "core" players of 2009/2010 for cap relief for this upcoming season.

We'd all like to make the playoffs and give Utah a lower pick, but if we can remain competive and watchable while dropping slary i'm totally fine with that.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I think there's a high chance of a trade before the deadline. Donnie is actually trying to put trade scenarios together. Hopefully he can pull something off where we can get rid of Curry. We need that cap space.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I think there's a high chance of a trade before the deadline. Donnie is actually trying to put trade scenarios together. Hopefully he can pull something off where we can get rid of Curry. We need that cap space.

Is there any chance of that we can ship Curry? Who would take him?

I`ve just finished watching The Portland New Orleans game and I really like Bayless at point guard, a talented youngster. Does anyone think that we might trade for a point guard because watching Duhon playing in a Knicks jersey is making me want to puke every game?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Is he? Where did you see that? Can you post a link or something?

Thanks

LJ4ptplay

Starter
There are probably not going to be any trades before the deadline. Donnie feels that his trades (Hughes + Wilcox) negatively affected the team last year.

Donnie has publically stated that he will only make trades that will help the team make the playoffs this year and won't take away from the cap space he's acquired.

Donnie Walsh: “You’re assuming that any move will help us make the playoffs. I don’t assume that. I assume we’ve got to make the right move in order to have something like that happen. And if that’s there, we’ll do it.”

Translation, no trades CAN be made.

Curry is not going to be traded. That is a fact. No way, not at all.

p0nder

Starter
There are opportunities out there for trades (ie. tmac, bosh, turkoglu) But the chances of getting something done get slimmer and slimmer the more time ticks away.

I think the Knicks will wait for Nate to win the dunk contest for the third time (only player ever) and then look to trade him at the tip of his hype. (4 days or so between all-star game and trade deadline). He'd be a good boost on the bench to a playoff bound team and maybe we get something in return ( maybe tmac and shipping out curry/jeffereies)

But it remains to be seen. I am hopeful but time is against us and I hope that other teams are feverishly at our door cause it doesn't appear that Donnie is too eager to make deals. He's probably content to wait until the off season to make his moves.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I bet alot of playoff bound teams will be beating down our door to bolster their chances by trading for our roster full of proven winners. Our 14 players (not counting Cuttino) have very few playoff appearances let alone series wins, sure some guys may be an option but don't expect the phones to be ringing non stop in the Don's office. Harrington, Hughes, sad but true Darko, Bender, Jeffries and I think Duhon have played in a playoff game. I could see a little interest in Jeffries and Harrington, but Harrington I think we'll have hard time getting a player of equal ability for, and he won't help us save $ as an expiring. Jeffries would likely be dealt for a worthless expiring, so we'd save a little money but get worse for the rest of the year

ANU

Starter
probably not because our coach has probably convinced our gm of his own delusions.

Starks

Starter
There are opportunities out there for trades (ie. tmac, bosh, turkoglu) But the chances of getting something done get slimmer and slimmer the more time ticks away.

I think the Knicks will wait for Nate to win the dunk contest for the third time (only player ever) and then look to trade him at the tip of his hype. (4 days or so between all-star game and trade deadline). He'd be a good boost on the bench to a playoff bound team and maybe we get something in return ( maybe tmac and shipping out curry/jeffereies)

But it remains to be seen. I am hopeful but time is against us and I hope that other teams are feverishly at our door cause it doesn't appear that Donnie is too eager to make deals. He's probably content to wait until the off season to make his moves.

This is a good idea. Nate Robinson winning the dunk contest will help market him a bit more. He's like the NBA equivalent of a pokemon or something. Anywhere he goes, he's going to have tons and tons of kids and tweeners following him. It's a nice boost for a team to have a player/mascot. I think a package of Jeffries and Nate is a good one a team will take seriously

dre48ny

Rotation player
I think the NYK should offer Mobley's expiring contract and Hughes to the Rockets for T-Mac. It worked in the trade machine. Houston gets Mobley's valuable inusurance covered contract and Hughes can give some minutes that T-Mac was not happy with. Hey if Bender is scoring after a looong absence, T_mac is worth the risk.

I see the Spurs trying to go after Jefferies. Jefferies on that team will be very useful against the Lakers, Mavs, and Nuggets. Pop will use him efficiently. Those are my 2 deals.

Curry will not be moved til the summer where his expring contract is a luxury and we can trade for a good PG.

dave2138

Rotation player
I think the NYK should offer Mobley's expiring contract and Hughes to the Rockets for T-Mac. It worked in the trade machine. Houston gets Mobley's valuable inusurance covered contract and Hughes can give some minutes that T-Mac was not happy with. Hey if Bender is scoring after a looong absence, T_mac is worth the risk.

I see the Spurs trying to go after Jefferies. Jefferies on that team will be very useful against the Lakers, Mavs, and Nuggets. Pop will use him efficiently. Those are my 2 deals.

Curry will not be moved til the summer where his expring contract is a luxury and we can trade for a good PG.

Mobley is worthless now since the team that gets him doesn't get the insurance covered contract. That trade is pointless anyway since both Hughes and TMac are expiring contracts.

I thought the Spurs would like Jeffries, but I can't make out a trade that works out to match up the salaries. SA doesn't really have any expiring contracts they can afford to trade that match up with Jeffries contract.

dre48ny

Rotation player
There was a deadline for Mobley's contract? I wasn't aware. That was the only reason I suggested the deal, nothing less. There is no value there for Houston otherwise.

The Spus can offer Finley and Bonner and that does work financially.

KBlack25

Starter
I know this is crazy, but anyone think we can get Amar'e...

I am pretty sure: Hughes, Chandler and Hill for Amar'e works. I am pretty sure I'd do that deal, Suns want to move Amar'e and if they overvalue Chandler and want to take a flier on Hill, they might do it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I know this is crazy, but anyone think we can get Amar'e...

I am pretty sure: Hughes, Chandler and Hill for Amar'e works. I am pretty sure I'd do that deal, Suns want to move Amar'e and if they overvalue Chandler and want to take a flier on Hill, they might do it.

I think we would have to give up Lee as well to get Amare. And I don't think anybody is overvalueing Chandler.

When there are rumors that the Spurs might give up Ginobli's expiring contract plus young talent to get Amare...

and TWolves GM David Kahn when speaking of the Rubio to NY hype says this:
"I mean no disrespect to the Knicks and Donnie [Walsh], but what kind of trade could they propose?"

We all, including myself, need to realize that nobody wants our players (except Gallo). We really don't have any value right now. Our greatest value is our expiring contracts. But those are not going to be used because Donnie has a one-track-mind right now. It's all about expiring contracts and 2010 cap space.

So, in order to get rid of Jeffries, we will probably have to include one of our 2nd round picks plus some young talent (Chandler/Hill) and maybe even Lee. Which I am fine with but I don't think Donnie is.

It worries me that Donnie is apprehensive about giving up young talent and the possibility of making the playoffs this year to get rid of Jeffries. There are 4 teams with enough cap space for max players and the Knicks are the least attractive of those 4. If Jeffries is not traded we will end up with nothing.

ANU

Starter
if donnie insists on keeping lee, than trading gallinari for rubio may not be a bad idea.it would suck cause gallo appears to be a stud, but we can't go into the off season with the assets we have now.

i personally think we make out like bandits, in the one below, but nonetheless.............

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yl3ssfy

dragic,lopez, clark, barbosa for lee and duhon.:D