nets think they're out of the running for lbj.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I wonder why they are out of the running...do they have inside info that they are staying put...do they have inside info that one or both plan to go to a specific destination? Curious and intriguing but leaves more questions than answers.

smokes

Huge Member
How does it leave questions? They are 3-40.... I've been saying this for over a month that the Nets have no chance at Lebron or Wade, who on earth wants to play for a 3-40 franchise? NO ONE!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
How does it leave questions? They are 3-40.... I've been saying this for over a month that the Nets have no chance at Lebron or Wade, who on earth wants to play for a 3-40 franchise? NO ONE!

Part of me thinks they are tanking this season. That said, they will have a high draft pick, Lopez and a stud PG. Lebron or Wade would not be crazy to think they are the piece that could turn that franchise into a contender. (especially with a top 3 draft pick)

ANU

Starter
Part of me thinks they are tanking this season. That said, they will have a high draft pick, Lopez and a stud PG. Lebron or Wade would not be crazy to think they are the piece that could turn that franchise into a contender. (especially with a top 3 draft pick)
yep.i think they will have an exceptional off season.god forbid they get amar'e; and draft turner, that team is going to be a problem.

harris
turner
williams/douglas-roberts/lee
amar'e
lopez

scary shit right there.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I disagree. They must know something that we don't. If the team's record has anything to do with it then we might as well consider the Knicks out of the Lebron Sweepstakes as well.

In fact, the Nets have a better situation then the Knicks. They already have enough cap space to sign 2 max agents (Lebron and Bosh), All-Star PG, potential All-Star Center, Courtney Lee, T Williams, Yi and a very high draft pick this year (maybe Wall). Plus they have a multi-billion dollar owner willing to spend and are moving to Brooklyn.

The Knicks have Jeffries, Curry, Chandler, Gallo, Douglas and Hill. Not enough to resign Lee, no starting PG and no starting C. The Knicks don't even come close to what the Nets have to offer.

They must know something. Or maybe they've come to accept reality and Donnie hasn't. If Jeffries is not traded, we will get nobody either. Lebron will resign with Cleveland, Miami will resign Wade and sign Bosh. Johnson will sign with Atlanta or Chicago. That leaves Amare. He will either sign with Miami, Chicago or New York (in that order).

jpz17

Starter
I think realistically there is only two teams he could end up with: NY and the Cavs. I'd say the chance of going to NY is about 25%. Just my best guess though

im still trying to fully understand, and I have seen it posted on here several times; why persons continue to post the nets lineup and claim that they are better than the knicks ?. It baffles me in that we are 18-26, they are 3-40. I dont tell me its because they won a game against us; the fact of the matter is they are not a good team, and they are a suffering franchise who literally has decomposed themselves on purpose over the past few years, by pushing away every all star, mvp candidate, top 10 scorer, coach of the year, league leading assist man, back to back finals team. The knicks have slowly put pieces together to improve, while the nets have dismantled their entire team with a semi all star, promising big man, pushin coach and a bunch of scraggly role players with bloated contracts and attitude problems. I really dont know who on the nets I would take over Lee, chandler, gallo, and defensively jefferies. Harris is not a true pg, and with the touches he gets with out any other natural scorers, gallo would be dropping 25 a game in a nets uniform. Their only stake holder is lopez who in my opinion should be averaging more than 9.5 rebounds a game, based on the sole fact he is the only legitimate low post present on the team.

the knicks are much better than nets in almost every facet of the game except pg, and I am yet to be convinced that harris is a true pg who makes his teammates better.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
im still trying to fully understand, and I have seen it posted on here several times; why persons continue to post the nets lineup and claim that they are better than the knicks ?. It baffles me in that we are 18-26, they are 3-40. I dont tell me its because they won a game against us; the fact of the matter is they are not a good team, and they are a suffering franchise who literally has decomposed themselves on purpose over the past few years, by pushing away every all star, mvp candidate, top 10 scorer, coach of the year, league leading assist man, back to back finals team. The knicks have slowly put pieces together to improve, while the nets have dismantled their entire team with a semi all star, promising big man, pushin coach and a bunch of scraggly role players with bloated contracts and attitude problems. I really dont know who on the nets I would take over Lee, chandler, gallo, and defensively jefferies. Harris is not a true pg, and with the touches he gets with out any other natural scorers, gallo would be dropping 25 a game in a nets uniform. Their only stake holder is lopez who in my opinion should be averaging more than 9.5 rebounds a game, based on the sole fact he is the only legitimate low post present on the team.

the knicks are much better than nets in almost every facet of the game except pg, and I am yet to be convinced that harris is a true pg who makes his teammates better.

You can't just look at the records right now either. They had many injuries in the beginning of the season. And we have a very good coach.

You have to look at July 1st, not now. Take away Harrington, Nate, Duhon and Lee from our team and how much better of a record would we have?

PG-Harris, SG-Lee, SF-Williams, PF-Yi, C-Lopez

is much better than

PG-Douglas, SG-Chandler, SF-Gallo, PF-Jeffries, C-Hill

Plus, the Nets can add two max-free agents to that roster. We don't even have enough to resign Lee.

Oh, and the Nets may get John Wall + whatever talent they may receive if Harris is traded.

July 1st free agency Nets >>>> July 1st free agency Knicks

smokes

Huge Member
I disagree. They must know something that we don't. If the team's record has anything to do with it then we might as well consider the Knicks out of the Lebron Sweepstakes as well.

In fact, the Nets have a better situation then the Knicks. They already have enough cap space to sign 2 max agents (Lebron and Bosh), All-Star PG, potential All-Star Center, Courtney Lee, T Williams, Yi and a very high draft pick this year (maybe Wall). Plus they have a multi-billion dollar owner willing to spend and are moving to Brooklyn.

The Knicks have Jeffries, Curry, Chandler, Gallo, Douglas and Hill. Not enough to resign Lee, no starting PG and no starting C. The Knicks don't even come close to what the Nets have to offer.

They must know something. Or maybe they've come to accept reality and Donnie hasn't. If Jeffries is not traded, we will get nobody either. Lebron will resign with Cleveland, Miami will resign Wade and sign Bosh. Johnson will sign with Atlanta or Chicago. That leaves Amare. He will either sign with Miami, Chicago or New York (in that order).

I have to disagree. 18 wins shows you know how to win basketball games, you have a decent (not exceptional but good) coaching staff and players who know how to play as a team. The Nets have some great individual talent but cannot translate that into wins. Whether that is to do with bad teamplay, lack of effort, poor coaching or whatever, you don't want to go to a team that performs SO badly... Isn't this the worst record ever in the NBA?

I don't buy the tanking theory, sorry but players don't want to lose games. Think how depressing it would be to play for the Nets. Also having a record so awful turns the fans against you, puts you in a crappy financial position, etc etc. Risking total ruin for 1 draft pick is not going to happen in my opinion.

Remember that the worst record still only has a 25% chance at the #1 pick. It's not that good odds. Some people have suggested the Cavs tanked for LBJ. This might be true but they still had a some wins under their belt. 3 wins on a season is just horrendous. Plus if they were deliberately tanking do you think they would fire Lawrence Frank, a coach of good calibre, and pay him off purely for a 25% chance at the BPA in 2010? I don't buy it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I have to disagree. 18 wins shows you know how to win basketball games, you have a decent (not exceptional but good) coaching staff and players who know how to play as a team. The Nets have some great individual talent but cannot translate that into wins. Whether that is to do with bad teamplay, lack of effort, poor coaching or whatever, you don't want to go to a team that performs SO badly... Isn't this the worst record ever in the NBA?

I don't buy the tanking theory, sorry but players don't want to lose games. Think how depressing it would be to play for the Nets. Also having a record so awful turns the fans against you, puts you in a crappy financial position, etc etc. Risking total ruin for 1 draft pick is not going to happen in my opinion.

Remember that the worst record still only has a 25% chance at the #1 pick. It's not that good odds. Some people have suggested the Cavs tanked for LBJ. This might be true but they still had a some wins under their belt. 3 wins on a season is just horrendous. Plus if they were deliberately tanking do you think they would fire Lawrence Frank, a coach of good calibre, and pay him off purely for a 25% chance at the BPA in 2010? I don't buy it.

If the Knicks didn't have Nate, Harrington, Lee, Duhon and Hughes, how comparable would the Knicks record be to the Nets?

clumsy

Rotation player
Nah nets are in a better position becasue next year look at the lineups

Devin Harris - Good Combo Guard
Yi Jinlian - Been proving he's not a complete bust
Brooks Lopez - Already top 5 C in league
CDR - 6th man

fill out that roster with Lebron + A pure shooter at SG and sign a bunch of defensive stoppers and it is a wrap...that team is better than the Cavs. In a way it sucks for them they are going after Amare as opposed to Lebron.

smokes

Huge Member
If the Knicks didn't have Nate, Harrington, Lee, Duhon and Hughes, how comparable would the Knicks record be to the Nets?

What does that have to do with anything that I said? I don't disagree that the Nets team that are under contract for 2010-11 is better than ours. But they still can't win games...

clumsy

Rotation player
C'mon compare that to

Gallinari - A good player with a lot of promise..nowhere near as polished as Brooks right now.
Jordan Hill - You can't even really evaluate his NBA career yet
Chandler - Good Roleplayer
Toney Douglas - You can't evaluate his career
Jared Jeffries - Great Defensive Player that makes too much money
Eddy Curry - A great Benchwarmer....

Choice is obvious.....

clumsy

Rotation player
Not really...todays game doesn't have many good C's.

Tim Duncan
Chris Kaman
Al Jefferson
D Howard
Yao - But we don't even know if Yao is ever going to be the same...On another note, we should sign Yao in 2011 to a 7 mil dollar contract....i would take that risk.

edit: Forgot the Gasol Brothers....but Brooks is arguably in this elite already.

clumsy

Rotation player
In my opinion Yao is the best center when healthy because he is a great passer. He doesn't get cheap rebound stats like a David Lee (off of Free Throws) cuz he is so slow he would rather run back to play D or run up to play O. He shut down Howard in every head to head. Too bad i gotta put Yao now in the Greg Oden category....as Prone question mark.

BUT Lopez reminds me of Tim Duncan. He can do it all and he will only get better. Put him next to a guy that demands a double team and that team is going to be a problem.